Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cometaryorbit

Considering these books

4 posts in this topic

So, I've read basically everything by Brandon Sanderson except this series. I definitely enjoyed Rithmatist, Reckoners, and Skyward (especially Skyward), but Alcatraz is supposed to be for a younger age group than those books - is it worth reading for an adult who generally doesn't read middle-grade books?

They're a fun read if nothing else. 

I had a hard time getting into them. Took me almost the first book, during  I really did not enjoy the characters and worldbuilding. It is definetly different from the other series you mentioned. But when I got over the initial dislike, I found that there was a good and very funny story waiting. I am really looking forward to the next one, the cliffhanger in book 5 is as bad as the one at the end of Skyward, so be warned about that.

Anyway, if you have the chance I would recommend to support a local library and just test-read the first book. It's not very long and if it doesn't make you at least chuckle once, you might be better off skipping the series. But if it clicks, it only gets better! ^_^

what, they are amazing books, but of course I am a younger reader than you but honestly I read LotR, stormlight archive and more so in reading I am a mature adult, so I would say they are worth the read.