25 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

And why does this make me suspicious?

Well, I feel like Archer is probably crew based on everyone else’s conclusions. I don’t know what to think about Lotus. Same with Mat. Everyone else seems neutral as far as I can tell.You are kind of the only one that I get a weird feeling about. So, mainly it’s just a guess.

I still don't understand quite what's happening with Archer and Szeth, but votewise it looks like Archer said it was fine for Szeth to vote for anyone with votes, Szeth picked someone who Archer thought was a villager, and so Archer countered by trying to exe Szeth before Szeth made the contents of their PM public and suggested he was at least not alliance. I could see Archer doing this as a reaver or as a crew member who wasn't willing to sacrifice someone he thought was also crew for cover. So I don't think I'll vote in this direction today. I am willing to vote for Lotus, mostly for not seeming to care who dies. @Matrim's Dice is there anything in your PM with Lotus that's giving you an elim read?

A crisis onboard the Serenity and its accompanying fleet. Alliance agents infiltrating the ship was nothing new, Dzma had lots of experience evading any member of the alliance who might be looking for a rogue psychic. She didn't look much like the person she'd been when her psychic powers developed, but a DNA test or another psychic would easily be able to identify her. In the early months and years when discovery was more of a risk, Dzma had developed her abilities towards detecting people who meant her harm. As an impromptu execution seemed inevitable, she sent out a pulse of psychic power at Faleast, Szeth, Owl, Kaden, Dannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnex, and an unknown member. Nothing from the last three, which happened frequently. Even after all these years, psychic abilities worked barely more than half the time. Owl scented of fear, Szeth of righteousness, Faleast of indifference. It was hard to tell someone's intentions from one snapshot of their emotions, but immediately after receiving the information the familiar splitting headache blurred her vision. By the time she recovered, still capable of psychic abilities she noted, time had run out  and it was all she could do to go after Faleast in the hopes that a lack of care indicated that he didn't care who died. And indeed, Faleast was found to be employed by the alliance. But Szeth had spoken of a greater threat, one that threatened to kill them all, and psychic powers would not be enough to save her. But perhaps her latent assassin training would be.

5 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

@Matrim's Dice is there anything in your PM with Lotus that's giving you an elim read?

Nothing super specific. It was mostly just talking about how she didn’t read the rules. I asked what she remembered about the factions off the top of her head and she gave an answer that was about 85% accurate.

I also opened the PM directly asking if she was the Operative (for fun, not because I actually have a reason to believe she is the Operative :P), to which she replied ‘no’ instead of ‘what’s that?’ which isn’t too weird I guess

I think I’m voting for her in the sense of a lot of small things adding up, if that makes sense? Like what you mentioned about her not seeming to care who dies, and that there’s a number of people who seem to want her not to die in one way or another though some aren’t doing anything about it. And a tone/gut thing but that’s almost certainly confbias on my part. At this point I like Lotus as a candidate better than anyone else, definitely more than Archer or Szeth even if Archer’s flip would be pretty useful, so I’m happy with this exe. It’s kinda too late to change anything anyway.

Cycle Three: You Guys Had a Riot? On Account of Me?

They robbed from the rich and they gave to the poor.
Stood up to the man and they gave him what for.
Our love for them now, ain't hard to explain,
The hero of Canton, the one they call Alexandra!

We lost a good one today. Never thought it'd come to this, but we're gettin' closer. Mr. Universe found somethin' today. A piece of what the Alliance keeps hidin'. Somethin' to help explain what meddling they did in psychic's brain to make her all morbid and creepifying. To make her see things no one has the right to. Goodness knows it's gotten us out of some bad places, saved us from Reavers. Still, it's unnerving. They're still huntin' us. The Reavers haven't given up their pursuit, and the Alliance is determined to keep us down. That ain't gonna happen. Not while I can still walk.

We found another one of them Alliance. Ain't sure who it was that killed 'em. Seems there was a bit of a tussle. Couple ended up dead. Not sure if we're gonna survive long enough to see this through. But gotta try anyway.

Lotus has been executed! They were a Mercenary with the Crew!
The Unknown Aon has died! They were a Mercenary with the Alliance!
Szeth_Pancakes has died! They were a Doctor with the Crew!

Vote Count:

Lotus (4) - Matrim's Dice, Devotary, The Unknown Aon, Steeldancer
Archer (2) - Illwei, Szeth
Szeth (2) - Lotus, Teia
Illwei (1) - Archer

One piece of the Secret of Miranda has been revealed!

Rule Reminder:

All PMs will be reset. You can choose to use the same thread as last turn to keep from cluttering inboxes, and I will simply count it against the two of whomever sends the first PM this turn. Araris has also asked to not be included at this time in PMs.

This turn will end Sunday, December 26 at 12 p.m. (noon) PST.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Illwei
  2. Ashbringer Alliance Companion
  3. @Matrim's Dice
  4. Lotus Crew Mercenary
  5. Szeth_Pancakes Crew Doctor
  6. @Devotary of Spontaneity
  7. The Unknown Aon Alliance Mercenary
  8. @Walin
  9. Dannnnnnnex Crew Companion
  10. @Teia
  11. @Steeldancer
  12. @Archer
Edited by Elandera

And my other paranoid trust was shot and flipped Crew, excellent… Lotus was bad though so that’s a call for me to start over. I’ll reread Sunday morning though because tomorrow I’m busy :D.

I bet a Shepherd knows who the Operative is though.

Edited by Matrim's Dice
Oh yeah a secret piece is also good

Progress! On two fronts! If anyone asks how this game is going, tell them we've killed an elim every round and gloss over the rest of the details. :D. 

Hey Devo , I can't help but notice you seem to always be on the winning exe wagon. Seems like an Operative style of play to me. 

I'd made some notes about the last round during rollover but I need to redo them because the theory I'd come up with was that Szeth was teammates with Mat or Illwei and apparently that's not true. 

Edit: smh, Mat, why you gotta call me out like that. /s

Edited by Archer

21 minutes ago, Archer said:

I'd come up with was that Szeth was teammates with Mat or Illwei and apparently that's not true. 

I’ve always since C2 been partial to the theory that I’m aligned with Szeth. I see no reason for that to change :ph34r:

So, 7 players left. 6 other than me, so assuming 3 starting Reavers that’s a 50/50 shot, right? :P. If there’s two and another Alliance it’s still 50/50 but it’s slightly less if there started with two of each. Obviously RNG isn’t a great plan but the odds aren’t terrible considering we need to be completely annihilated instead of just outnumbered.

26 minutes ago, Archer said:

Hey Devo , I can't help but notice you seem to always be on the winning exe wagon. Seems like an Operative style of play to me. 

I highly doubt there's an operative. Including an extra kill in a 12 player game is already unlikely, and the fact that there were two mercenaries further reduces the chances of having another kill. The rules specify that not all alignments are necessarily in the game so I'm confident in saying the operative was excluded.

11 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I highly doubt there's an operative. Including an extra kill in a 12 player game is already unlikely, and the fact that there were two mercenaries further reduces the chances of having another kill. The rules specify that not all alignments are necessarily in the game so I'm confident in saying the operative was excluded.

Where would you say the extra kill today came from, then? Another mercenary seems kind of crazy. It is admittedly less kills than an Operative, but with the Operative having the potential to lose their kill I think it’s probably weighted about equally.

Edit: Never mind, OoA has kills coming before the exe I think. And this edit was ninja’d by Devo probably pointing this out.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Where would you say the extra kill today came from, then?

Either Lotus or TUA shooting someone on their way out. All kills happen simultaneously. It's rare for the exe to block kills but we might as well ask. @Elandera, would a mercenary or anyone else with a kill be able to kill someone the same cycle they were exed?

18 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Either Lotus or TUA shooting someone on their way out. All kills happen simultaneously. It's rare for the exe to block kills but we might as well ask. @Elandera, would a mercenary or anyone else with a kill be able to kill someone the same cycle they were exed?

All kills, including the execution, happen simultaneously. So yes, it is possible for someone with a kill to successfully kill someone the same cycle they were exed. 

23 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Is there anything directly harmful if the person who found the piece claims?

We presumably don't have a doctor anymore so the person who claims will likely end up being converted or killed unless a village pilot or shepard intervenes or they survive from captainness. Having someone confirmed as starting out crew would help with today's exe if they're willing to take that risk.

Yeah, I didn't consider the implications of the Mercenary flips enough there. It doesn't make sense to have a 2-shot and an Operative on the Alliance team. Devo  

I think I'll copy Mat and figure this all out Sunday morning. Merry Christmas, all! 

(Granted, I probably won’t have too much time on Sunday either. Got church at 9, but I should be on for the last hour before rollover and earlier at like 7. [Times are PST, same as Elan] I’ll do what I can.)

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Steel

My morning tomorrow opened up since everything was cancelled from the large amount of snow we got today :D. iiiiiiiii’m dreeeeeeaming…. of a whiiiiiiiiiite….

I like my vote here for now. May change tomorrow.

23 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I think I agree but we’ll see

Lies! I see that Steel vote. :P. 

23 hours ago, Illwei said:

The targets have been archer style

His actions with Szeth were suspicious yesterday

Yeah

The beauty of this argument is if you were converted C1 and Danex was the victim of a Mercenary, we have no way of knowing. But if they were elim killed, they were my top suspect initially, so I would have undercut myself by doing it.

I feel like Illwei's been pushing me as killbait for most of this game, so that's still where my votes going. Illwei

1 hour ago, Steeldancer said:

After doing a reread of the szeth/archer situation, I'm reading harder village on szeth than archer, so I'll go ahead and yoink Archer

Szeth was killed and flipped village. Why couldn't we both be Crew? 

25 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Steel My morning tomorrow opened up since everything was cancelled from the large amount of snow we got today :D. iiiiiiiii’m dreeeeeeaming…. of a whiiiiiiiiiite….

I like my vote here for now. May change tomorrow.

How come you didn't point out the v!Szeth flip? Also, the tinfoil in me says you're just saying that so you can lurk near end of day tommorow. 

58 minutes ago, Archer said:

How come you didn't point out the v!Szeth flip? Also, the tinfoil in me says you're just saying that so you can lurk near end of day tommorow.

I did here, indirectly:

On 12/24/2021 at 5:48 PM, Matrim's Dice said:

I’ve always since C2 been partial to the theory that I’m aligned with Szeth. I see no reason for that to change :ph34r:

And also in my first post this cycle I think.

Why?

Archer

10/10 suspicious vote change from Mat

Edited by Matrim's Dice
Vote change wasn’t specifically because of the part I quoted