Thanks for boosting my ego Archer lol

Anyways ftr, idc about being night killed early. Like, being exed early sucks but being nkd early doesn't count to me in terms of like..."awh I'm sad I died early"

Thanks tho lol

Gg devo and Archer lol

Huzzah! That was terrifying! 

3 hours ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I was just reading the elim doc, and I got you good, @Archer :D

dont understimate my stelth again

Yup! Worst read I've ever made. :D. For those who are interested, here's the C1 PM where I admitted to being evil. 

Spoiler
On 20/12/2021 at 10:53 PM, Archer said:

I think it's pretty obvious that we're both Alliance members, so I'll save us the trouble of beating around the bush and put my card on the table now. Best to coordinate our blocks to stop the Crew from getting any progress. Has anyone else on our team made contact yet or is it just us? 

On 21/12/2021 at 0:35 AM, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Just us so far. I have to ask - what gave it away? I haven’t posted much so far - I’ve been too busy with Hollow Knight and tree-trimming.

On 21/12/2021 at 0:52 AM, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Also, weren’t you saying you thought there were only two Alliance? Waaait are you crew? :huh:

On 21/12/2021 at 0:56 AM, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Ok - looking at it again, this seems like the kind of thing you’d say if you were trying to sus out Alliance members as Crew. Please convince me why that isn’t true.

On 21/12/2021 at 3:41 PM, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I know you've been active, Archer.

On 21/12/2021 at 6:05 PM, Archer said:

Then you'll also know I was buried under 3 votes and didn't CW on to you. I was waiting to see what you would do. Because this is a weird situation 

On 21/12/2021 at 7:55 PM, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Alright, I guess. I really need to give the thread an actual read, not just a skim. :P

On 21/12/2021 at 7:58 PM, Archer said:

I'm getting the sense that this isn't a trick and you really just... admitted to being Alliance with little prompting? :huh:

On 21/12/2021 at 8:00 PM, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I’m… not the best at this.

On 21/12/2021 at 8:11 PM, Archer said:

XD. Fair enough. I was trying to hedge for the possibility that you were a Crew playing me for information, but, Alliance don't have information to give really. 

So I'm going all in on my read here and will freely admit that I an a Reaver. I was just using that opening line to seem like a villager fishing for info (yay, free village cred + the opportunity to maybe get Alliance claims like yours). We have compatible wincons, so I suggest we work together. If all the Crew die and it's just Alliance and Reavers, Elandera said we continue playing, even though y'all will have completed your wincons by eliminating the possibility that the Secret may be revealed. I'm hoping you'll allow us to kill/convert you guys at that point so we can also win. 

If you could possibly vote for someone like TUA or Danex, that'd be fabulous for me, because I'm currently in the lead.   

On 21/12/2021 at 9:30 PM, Szeth_Pancakes said:

If it's not too much to ask, could you tell me who your teammates are? It would help me structure my next post & other posts better. It's ok if you don't feel like telling me that presently, or ever, but it would make my life a whole lot easier :P

On 21/12/2021 at 11:01 PM, Archer said:

I'm open to doing that in future, but out of an abundance of caution right now, I think it's best if I don't name names. I'll let you know if you are about to exe someone on team Reaver Alliance... darn I was hoping that would read more like Rebel Alliance... but for now it doesn't make sense to potentially blow the game for my teamate if it turns out I made a bad read on you. There's only one, by the way. Hopefully we get lucky on the conversion rolls and expand our happy little rebellion soon. 

Mat, Illwei, TUA, and Danex are fair game as targets. 

On 21/12/2021 at 11:22 PM, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Alright, that’s cool.

Shouout to that coin for letting me survive the first exe, then another exe, and roles for letting me tank two more kills. That's gotta be some kind of a record, right? Four deaths averted is really hard to beat if you're on the other team, so I chalk this one up to a healthy amount of luck. 

2 hours ago, Teia said:

Well........ Dang, I was so good about cautious at the beginning with PMs. That was kind of embarrassing how well people were able to manipulate me. Oof. 

It happens. Revealing too much hurt both teams at times. :P. I hope you play again soon! 

2 hours ago, Illwei said:

Thanks for boosting my ego Archer lol

Anyways ftr, idc about being night killed early. 

You're a big enough problem when you're on the other team that I might take you up on that. :P. Every read starting at I was trying to imply I was a teammate of Szeth was fairly spot on. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Aon said:

I'm just glad I went out with a bang.

Sorry for killing the Alliance. It was an accident, I swear! Were you trying to signal something in our PM? I was unsure. 

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

Archer is a very scary elim (and from experience, an excellent elim teammate).

Thank you. But before you give me too much praise, this game made me realize that power wolfing can sometimes go very wrong and blindside your teammates, so I'm going to try and reign it in a bit going forward. 

Thanks for running this, Elandera, Araris! I think it's been my favorite game so far. Only suggestion is to fix the confusion about what's said for a blocked attack/conversion etc. It all made sense, but I don't think anyone predicted them correctly. 

Good game, all. And thanks for being a level headed teammate, Devo, and a surprise ace in the hole, Mat! 

Edit: Oh and shoutout to @Karnatheon for being a devoted spectator! I saw you lurking a few times :P. 

Edited by Archer

2 hours ago, Archer said:

Sorry for killing the Alliance. It was an accident, I swear! Were you trying to signal something in our PM? I was unsure. 

Nope. I very seriously considered it after Szeth outed you, but I wasn't absolutely sure you were an elim and I didn't think you'd believe me if you were. I wasn't trying super hard to find the Reavers and other alliance members, that's why I said that in-thread.

Well I'm dumb. 

I claimed to Archer, thinking he was crew mainly because I didn't read the rules very closely. 

Sorry :ph34r:

And devotary was a reaver too.... Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh

I pretty much threw the game. 

Edited by Steeldancer
Time to go back into retirement

27 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Well I'm dumb. 

I claimed to Archer, thinking he was crew mainly because I didn't read the rules very closely. 

No you didn’t! Claiming to Archer made no difference since Devo knew your role. And I still think you saving me was awesome even though the elims weren’t exactly surprised xD I threw the game by voting Illwei, and the elims just thanked me for it :P.

Do not go back into retirement unless your IRL schedule requires it

Edited by Matrim's Dice

1 hour ago, Steeldancer said:

Well I'm dumb. 

What Matrim said. You were definitely not the one to throw the game. No one did, really. Part of it was some serious luck for the elims (RNG really favored Archer in the coin tosses), but mostly Archer's frightening ability to talk his way out of having claimed elim D1. I thought for certain the game would be over because of that alone.

Wow, that was a good game. I wish I had been more active.

I only skimmed each cycle, so I didn't remember how Archer had quite finagled his way out of a hard elim read, but for the most part I accepted it. Then, in the last cycle, I was reading Matrim's Dice posts and thinking "now that's a villager if I ever saw one." And then sending replies to the two PM's I had gotten multiple cycles ago, minutes before turnover. Always riding the edge of timing on that.

So, it's clear that I was Mechanic. What surprised me is that I was the one to find the pieces of the Secret, both times. After the second piece, I was surprised no one else had found one, and it also indicated that we wouldn't get all four in time--or really, that it was super unlikely. Speaking of being the Mechanic, I was super grateful to have a role that only allowed me to use an action once every other turn. Being mostly inactive as I am, it's plausible this was a deliberate choice in the distribution.

Well played, everyone! I never got close to figuring out the elims (though I had suspected Archer, I never really got to a real "I think this is an elim," I was only at "if we vote someone, this is a solid choice for my vote"), and especially not anyone of the Alliance.

Last of all, thanks Elandera for GMing and Araris for IMing!

9 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

No you didn’t! Claiming to Archer made no difference since Devo knew your role. And I still think you saving me was awesome even though the elims weren’t exactly surprised xD I threw the game by voting Illwei, and the elims just thanked me for it :P.

Do not go back into retirement unless your IRL schedule requires it

Well unfortunately break is now over, so I really do have to go back into retirement. I'll try and make another return when the semester finishes. 

And the elim streak continues! I once again congratulate Matrim, Devo, and Archer, as well as the Alliance members, Ashbringer and The Unknown Aon, for their victories. This was a fun game with a fantastic setting (even though 99.9% of players didn't understand the references...) for an SE style game. I might adjust the rules to fit within one of the Sanderson worlds eventually. Anyway, thanks again to everyone who played!

If you're new to Sanderson Elimination and would be interested in joining a game, check out the SE General Rules & Etiquette Policy for a breakdown of how each game format works. Game signups are pinned to the thread for at least a week before they're locked and the game begins, so keep an eye out if you're interested in joining.

If you would like to run a game, please post in the GM Signups & Discussion Thread and request to be added to the list. Available game types include Long Games, Mid-Range Games, Quick-Fix games, and the new Break Tank Games. We encourage you to have a specific ruleset in mind before signing up.

Head to The Art of Game Creation to get feedback on rules you're considering. We have plenty of experienced players and GMs who can help you refine any game. You can also send the rules (including secret and blackout rules) to our game approval committee, which includes Stink, Amanuensis, Sart, Fifth Scholar, Straw, Kasimir, and Archer, as well as our mods, little wilsonDevotary of SpontaneityElberethAraris Valerian, or myself. We will help you out in any way we can.

Thanks again to everyone who made this game and community possible. We look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: