Bands of Mourning re-creation via hemalurgy and aluminum

Trusk'our

Question

Could you create a new Bands of Mourning metalmind by hemalurgically granting yourself all the necessary powers while in an air-tight aluminum box, so as to avoid being mind controlled by the local shard, then remove the spikes before you leave (using feruchemcal gold to heal the damage of removing the spikes, of course), and simply use the special unsealed metalmind to retain the powers?

3 answers to this question

Aluminium shielding might interfere with the powers though... or not, the Soulcaster under Kholinar worked just fine right?

F-Gold healing does heal the soul. Hemalurgy directly alters the soul though, so I don't know if F-Gold could seal up the holes and if it is powerful enough to do so it might take away the Hemalurgically granted powers?

6 hours ago, Honorless said:

Aluminium shielding might interfere with the powers though... or not, the Soulcaster under Kholinar worked just fine right?

yep

6 hours ago, Honorless said:

F-Gold healing does heal the soul. Hemalurgy directly alters the soul though, so I don't know if F-Gold could seal up the holes and if it is powerful enough to do so it might take away the Hemalurgically granted powers?

It is powerful enough to heal the wounds, but it takes an outrageous amount of gold to do so.

And I don't think it would force the spikes out

8 hours ago, Honorless said:

I meant if you pulled the spikes out first, then healed it with gold feruchemy. The spiritual damage should disappear after the spike is removed, as with the koloss in Secret History when they died, leaving only the physical wounds to heal.

Plus, I don't think that aluminum would be a problem, as it blocks the flow of investiture through it, it doesn't absorb it or anything (I think).