How Does Teleporting Work?

Philomath

So Spensa did some weird teleporting at the end of Cytonic. I’m assuming she got better at it because of her time in the Nowhere. But something that stands out to me is she teleported to platform prime and then realized after that it seemed like it was in a different place. So it seems like whatever directions or coordinates you can cytonically send seem less connected to the exact geographic location and more along the lines of the thought or feel of the place. 

Spoiler

Hello cognitive aspect anyone?

Well, planets, stars etc. move relative to one another all the time, so interplanetary/interstellar teleportation inherently would have to be able to allow for the destination moving relative to the origin point.

The way it's described, I think it's just a matter of knowing where you want to go - space/distance and even time are irrelevant in the heart of the nowhere (the lightburst).

She mentioned that she could teleport there because of her familiarity with the location.

Earlier in the book she talks about how different peoples met in the Nowhere before space travel and says that it makes sense because travelling large distances without actually having been to the place first would have been impossible, so they would have had to travel between worlds through the Nowhere first.

The oddity she felt in teleporting to Platform Prime was due to the fact that Detritus wasn't where it should have been,  the whole planet had been teleported somewhere else.