Zvso – A Roleplay

Mystic Syn

New character! cuz my old one was boring

Spoiler

Name: Ne'ik Ever

Pronouns: he/him

Nationality: North Cohrean (Native)

Appearance: Dark brown hair, slightly darker skin, and eyes slightly darker than that. Rather broad-shouldered and muscular. 6' 1" tall, with a 4' 2" long tail. 

Personality: Cold and mysterious. Often speaks in grunts and one-word sentences.

Mystic? No

Backstory: you'll see ;)

Misc: Hates Mystics with a burning passion. When fighting, uses either two large knives or two shotguns, depending on the range. Expert at both.

Can I have him join up with you all? Maybe he can try and attack you and you can take him prisoner or sumn.

Edited by Ookla the Confused

2 hours ago, Ookla the Lad said:

"It seems like your assistance might actually be required," Elya replied, looking at Ji.

@Ookla the Mystic

“Sure, why not? Let’s add ‘em to the bunch,” he grumbled.

28 minutes ago, Ookla the Confused said:

New character! cuz my old one was boring

Can I have him join up with you all? Maybe he can try and attack you and you can take him prisoner or sumn.

Character looks good.

You can do whatever you want to join.

Cool cool.

Ne'ik slipped through the alleyways of Odhak, chasing his target. His dark cloak and skin helped him blend into the night, despite his large physique and usually obvious tail. He had a knack for going unseen, and the alarmingly obvious Pacis that had been chasing her friend made it easy to sneak his way behind her. At least one of them was Mystic, so he wouldn't feel bad about taking them out along with his target. Drawing his guns, he smiled wide, exposing sharp, white teeth.

Edit: he's talking about Elya btw

Striking his thumb down on the flint wheel, Locke moved the newly lit flame from his steel lighter to the end of the cigarette held loosely on his lips. Watching as the end of the stick slowly began to burn, he waited until the orange embers glowed into a soft amber before flicking the cover back onto his lighter and returning it to the inside of his jacket. Closing his eyes as he breathed in deeply, Locke imagined as though all his thoughts and feelings were collecting together inside him, merging as one with the single breath that filled his lungs.

Lazily opening his weary eyes, Locke then watched as his exhale released both smoke and stress out into the static air.

Leaning against the counter at one of the barstools within Cheap Shot, Locke stared blankly ahead as he listened to the slow jazz coming from the group of young musicians on the far side of the bar. The lights within the establishment had been dimmed, with all of the tables and chairs turned towards the performing artists that stood under a single spotlight on a meager stage. It was an interesting composition, with long drawn-out notes from a lonely saxophone lingering in the smoky atmosphere, yet complimented with the gentle taps from a tambourine and soft, indistinct chanting in an unknown tongue like that of a tribal prayer.

Locke let himself melt into his surroundings, feeling shrouded in the muggy air that smelled of burnt cigarettes, and enveloped in the rolling rhythms of unique song. Removing the cigarette from his mouth briefly with nimble fingers, Locke took a sip of the whiskey cocktail in front of him, feeling the same burning at the back of his throat that reminded him of nights from long ago in a distant life. It all felt so familiar, with all the sensations and feelings poking at his thoughts as though to pry old memories back from where they lay stored in the corners of his mind – buried deep, but never forgotten.

The crack of gunshots.

A knife to the heart.

The sensation of falling.

Endlessly, endlessly, falling…

Expelling smoke from his lips once more, Locke closed his eyes and listened as the music carried on.

Several minutes passed before the song drew to a close, followed by a gentle ripple of applause that washed over the booths and tables behind where Locke sat. Placing what remained of his used cigarette into an empty ash tray, Locke rose from his seat, casually raised his cup towards the performers on stage, then finished the rest of his glass before placing it and a couple of bills back onto the counter. Turning to make his way towards the nearest exit, Locke straightened his jacket as he started weaving his way through a set of tables towards the door. Out of the corner of his eye though, he noticed a group of men sitting in one of the booths on the far end of the wall. While some of the men seemed to be watching him with eyes that were too keen for his liking, Locke simply ignored the unwanted stares as he reached the door and slipped outside, only to be immediately blinded by the overhead sun.

It wasn't night anymore... just how long had he been inside?

Locke rubbed the pain from his eyes as they tried to adjust to the sudden overwhelming light. After blinking a few times and focusing his vision, he took a deep breath of cleaner air as he stood on the doorstep just outside Clear Shot. Casually glancing around at the network of pathways suspended above the canals, Locke picked a random direction before making his way down the steps and onto the wooden walkway.

Then Locke started walking, resting both of his hands inside the pockets of his jacket as he softly whistled lazily to the song he had heard inside the bar only moments ago.

Spoiler

Name: Locke Kodok

Pronouns: He, Him

Nationality: Medetish Native

Appearance: Standing at 6'2" with a lanky but stronger build, Locke wears a set of black boots, a pair of tighter Khaki pants, and a thick charcoal-grey jacket over a rugged white shirt that all smell of cigarette smoke. His straight hair is dyed a deep black and cut to a moderate sweeping length, and he keeps a clean-shaven face to help hide the fact that his hair isn’t its natural color. Both of his nearly sleepless eyes have noticeable hints of silver in them, but Locke's right eye has a darker copper pigment mixed into it, with his left eye having a similar effect but with a lighter golden hue.

Personality: Locke often seems as though he has "checked-out" of reality, often times coming across as anywhere from simply aloof to frustratingly arrogant in any given situation. While this is true in most cases, Locke is not completely past feeling and can be very observant and think critically when necessary. It will usually be in the quiet moments that you are most likely to see Locke as he truly is.

Mystic? Yes

Type of Mystic: Lifegiver and Deathgranter (further details of how these powers intertwine with Locke will be revealed)

Backstory: To be explored, though I would note Locke often doesn't act or feel like someone who was "born and raised" in dark alleyways or city slums.

Misc:

- Locke is exceptionally skilled in hand-to-hand martial combat, and while he rarely uses knives or blades, he does carry a concealed handgun he is proficient at using.

- Locke can play the harmonica. (if you ask him nicely)

6 hours ago, Ookla the Lad said:

"Do you have a... hideout?" Elya looked around.

“You’re asking me if I have a hideout?” Ji rubbed the bridge of his nose, muttering something incomprehensible. “Ko’ad’s Light, yes. Not far from here, and where I was originally going to go if I hadn’t been convinced to stand and fight.”

Neik ran towards his target, guns pointed at her two friends. He had to get up close - otherwise, she’d pull some dirty Mystic sorcery on him. He’d seen her block those Pacis’ bullets with her big fancy sword - he knew he had to be careful, or he’d meet the same fate as they did.

14 hours ago, Ookla the Confused said:

Neik ran towards his target, guns pointed at her two friends. He had to get up close - otherwise, she’d pull some dirty Mystic sorcery on him. He’d seen her block those Pacis’ bullets with her big fancy sword - he knew he had to be careful, or he’d meet the same fate as they did.

Elya hurled a dagger at them.

1 minute ago, Sequence said:

Are people still allowed to join this? I read everything on the first post except some of the docs, and I already love the sound of this.

You’re more than welcome. Also, I said you don’t have to read the docs if you don’t want to; they’re only there for reference. But if ya want, I can add ya to the PM.

39 minutes ago, Ookla the Lad said:

Ji rose an eyebrow at Elya, then turned in the direction where she’d thrown the dagger. His scowl grew deeper as he regarded the stranger. People always interrupted at the wrong time. However, this one was different. Something in the stranger’s eyes was off. Ji couldn’t put his finger on it, but he knew that this person was out to kill. It could be for any one of them. If any of their reputations proceeded them, the assassin could be sent to kill all of them, and Ji wouldn’t put it past him if his contractor had put him up to killing all of them; though, he highly doubted that it had been the Pacis that’d ordered it.

Veins alight, astral blades shot towards the assailant, intending to drive the man into the wall.

In that case, I'd like to make a character, if that's alright.

Spoiler

Name: Velo 

Pronouns: He/him

Nationality: Neduisian Colonist

Appearance: Short unkept deep brown hair with a single golden-blond streak going from the right side of his forehead, then following back and disappearing under his dark locks. He has a mild tan skin color with deep yellow - almost gray - eyes. He is of average height with soft features and a round-ish face. Known to wear a plain gray shirt with dark green trousers.

Personality: Reclusive and quiet, clinically insane, depressed, and sociopathic, always screaming about "them" and "the shade" to anyone who will listen. If you can catch him at one of his more "normal" times, he can be quite kind.

Mystic? Yes

Type of Mystic (if applicable): Forgetfulness (Neglect)

Backstory/Overall Description: Not much is known about him, but sometime in the past he sacrificed 90% of his memory (including his last name and family) for frightful combat abilities. He has now drifted so far into insanity, that these skills are almost useless to him. He spends most of his days in the basement of an abandoned building, which is full of weapons and lanterns, nothing else. During times of lucidity, he leaves his home in Odhak, using his power to make merchants forget certain things they have learned about trade to get them to hand over their goods for free. The richer areas of the city employ him as an assassin for outrageous amounts of money, which he always destroys when the task is done. He has vague memories of killing innocents, and misusing his Mystic power in terrifying ways.

Is this allowed?

12 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Is this allowed?

I’m fine with it. Just the normal stuff: Don’t poke out your eye with it, make sure that he don’t kill another’s OC without permission, feed and water it, give it plenty of sunshine, don’t constantly abuse your OC, make sure it can get into the rp without too many headaches, and take it out for walks.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Lad said:

2 hours ago, Ookla the Mystic said:

Ji rose an eyebrow at Elya, then turned in the direction where she’d thrown the dagger. His scowl grew deeper as he regarded the stranger. People always interrupted at the wrong time. However, this one was different. Something in the stranger’s eyes was off. Ji couldn’t put his finger on it, but he knew that this person was out to kill. It could be for any one of them. If any of their reputations proceeded them, the assassin could be sent to kill all of them, and Ji wouldn’t put it past him if his contractor had put him up to killing all of them; though, he highly doubted that it had been the Pacis that’d ordered it.

Veins alight, astral blades shot towards the assailant, intending to drive the man into the wall.

54 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

"This is going to be quite a mess, isn't it? I suppose none of you have an interest in talking things out." Raviid exhaled deeply, curling his fingers as he extended his power, slowing everyone else's passage through time.

Disregard.

Just now, Ookla the Lad said:

I don't think we'd notice being slowed; only Raviid being fast.

Also Elya is very accurate with her attacks (that's kinda her entire gig), so dodging's fine, but I don't think "easily" is.

Oh, hm. I misinterpreted that - I was thinking since Ne'ik's reaction time is faster he can dodge much more easily.

Ne'ik ran towards his target, picking up speed. She threw a dagger at him, which he narrowly dodged with a jump to the left. Her friends were moving too - one was throwing two strange ghostly daggers at him, which he ducked, one of them narrowly grazing his right shoulder. He looked up to find that her other friend had dissapeared. What the Bligh-

@Fallapede