Zvso – A Roleplay

Mystic Syn

Greetings, guys and gals and our non-binary pals! We’ve officially made it. This post is my 1,000th. Why should you care? Uhhh, I dunno. So, of course, I’m doing a roleplay as my 1,000th, because I’m unoriginal. But actually, I’ve been wanting to do this ever since I figured out that people actually do stuff for their 1,000th. People, meaning Fadran, have requested that I make a roleplay about this, so here we are. But that’s enough about me.

This is the whole Mystic thing that my status’ with writing are about. I’m actually making a roleplay, but I don’t have a plot, because I want y’all’s input about what you want. If you’re interested about my ramblings why would you?, I have a Google Doc where I’ve given more details about the world that you can choose to learn more about; you don’t have to read it. Of course, feel free to ask me questions because I make everything too complicated for my own good. I’ll also give y’all a few pieces of writing that can help you understand what the heck I’m talking about, but you don’t have to read that if you don’t want to. Either than that, lemme know if you wanna be in the PM, so we can be an organized chaotic mess about coming up with a plot.

But let’s be honest: This will crash and burn in no time. I don’t think anyone will care about this lol.

Setting:

Spoiler

This roleplay is set in the world of Udyiess, which is not far from orbit than that of Kasjadu. It is similar to our world––having similar technology as us and progressing a bit faster technologically speaking, as well as geographically. The technology is a bit farther along than we are, just to give you an idea of what’s going on. Which means yes, they do have guns, but you’re more than welcome to use anime swords blades, knives, etc..

It has a total of two continents: Zvso [ZIV-so] and Dohad. For this specific role-play, we are going to focus on Zvso; however, if anyone is interested, I do have some things about Dohad I could implement or make a new role-play with. Trust me when I say that things work differently over there than they do in Zvso.

Odhak: The capital of the Medietas Province, the city we’re going to roleplay in. It’s a city that continues to build up with wooden highways, with more modern steel reinforcement. I’ll give you a little bit of writing I made a while back that was set in that city; you are not required to read this blurb.

Magic:

Spoiler

The magical folk here are called Mystics. Each Mystic falls under one or more of the Six categories: Life, Death, Space, Time, Chaos, and Order; there are two categories that are extremely rare: Remembrance and Forgetfulness. 

All of the Mystics have powers that relate to their category in one way or another. And yes, there are specific powers that are hereditary and passed down from parent to child, but those are rare these days that we’re role-playing in. If a Mystic was under more than one category, their overall power would be more faint than those that are relatively and/or pure-bred.

• Life: The Mystics that fall under this category are commonly called Lifegivers (Lifegiver, singular). The powers that they possess are something along the lines of healing, which is most common; creating very minor life (e.g., giving a bit of life to an inanimate object for a short amount of time); or having power to control another’s body. An example of a Lifegiver would be Kai Atlas, who can be found in “A Love Worth Dying For.”
  • Death: The Mystics that fall under this category are commonly called Deathgranters (Deathgranter, singular). The powers that they possess are something along the lines of they being able to sense death near them, which is most common; minor necromancy; or manipulation of corpses. An example of a Deathgranter would be Yulong Qianshe or Q, who can be found in multiple pieces of writing.
  • Space: The Mystics that fall under this category are commonly called Transporters (Transporter, singular). The powers that they possess are something along the lines of minor teleportation through either portals or letting their body fade to smoke, which is most common; summoning certain people and/or creatures to fight by their side; or going into someone’s mind (reference “Trust is Like Glass”). An example of a Transporter would be Elysia Byrd in the blurb of writing above or Meznyx Ahao from “Trust is Like Glass.”
  • Time: The Mystics that fall under this category are commonly called Foreseers (Foreseer, singular). The powers that they possess could be something along the lines of being able to see the possible future, which is most common; stopping and speeding up time around them in a small area of control; or aging someone/something. I’ve yet to actually write something about this category, but when I do, reference writing with Creed Dyue.
  • Chaos: The Mystics that fall under this category are commonly called Discords (Discord, singular). The powers they possess could be something along the lines of spontaneous bursts of random magic, which is most common; controlling one of the four elements: Fire, Water, Earth, and Air; or influencing someone’s emotions to be more chaotic than what they were before. An example of a Discord would be Aria Reverie from “A Love Worth Dying For.”
  • Order: The Mystics that fall under this category are commonly called Harmonies (Harmony, singular). The powers they possess could be something along the lines of having a constant aura of order around them, which is most common; creating order amidst chaos; or influencing someone’s emotions to be more orderly than what they were before. I’ve yet to actually write something about this category, but when I do, reference writing with Artistic Naois.
  • Remembrance: There are not many Mystics that fall under this category, but the rare few are properly called Recallers (Recaller, singular). The powers they possess could be something along the lines of causing people to remember certain memories, which is most common; controlling and modifying memories to the Mystic’s liking; or projecting their own memories onto the subject. I’ve yet to actually writing something about this category, but when I do, reference writing with Katherine Liadon.
  • Forgetfulness: There are not that many Mystics that fall under this category, but the rare few are properly called Neglects (Neglect, singular). The powers they possess could be something along the lines of causing people to erase certain memories of the subject, which is most common; forgetting one owns memories in exchange for more power; or overwriting other peoples’ memories. An example of a Neglect would be Corvus Lawless from “An Act of Dying Justice.”

Races:

Spoiler

Can’t have a fantasy world without these :pp

Kajtaniak [kai-JETAN-e-ack]

Spoiler

The people who were born and live in the Province are called the Kajtaniak, who are described to be the most outgoing and accepting people. The Kajtaniak Natives that live there have bark-like skin; “bark” meaning the outside of trees. They come in all sorts of skin types, depending on what part of the forest they come from: if they come from the north, they are more likely to have pine tree bark skin; if they come from the west, they are more likely to have palm tree bark skin; if they come from the east, they are more likely to have oak tree bark skin; if they come from the south, they are more likely to have cypress tree bark. There are some Kajtaniak Colonists that have inherited a lighter form of the skin type, but not as prevalent as the Natives. They have hair colors that range from dark chestnut browns to light mahogany; their eye color is more of the green side, with a few cases of hazel. They are average sized people, not having any towering or shorter features.

Medietas [MAE-de-a-tas]

Spoiler

The people who were born and live in the Province are called the Medetish, who are described to be one of the most courageous and yet prideful people in all the land. The Medetish Natives are tall, willowy people, and have fairly light skin tones compared to any of the other Zvsoans; their eye colors range from light blues to light silver; and their hair colors range from a light golden blonde to an off-white. They are more reserved than the Colonists, but still have that spark of courageousness and pride. The Medietish Colonists have slightly tanner skin than the natives, but their eye and hair color are still the same. They are more outgoing with their traits than the Natives, but they know their limits at times. They are less willowy, and more firmly built than the Natives, but they still hold their height.

North Corhes [CORE-hes]

Spoiler

The people who were born and live in the province are called Northern Corhic, who are described to be one of the most cutthroat and coldhearted people in the land; however, they are only in the Northern Corhic Colonists, and the Northern Corhic Natives are often more reserved people. The Natives have a slightly dark skin tone, ranging from a rich chocolate to a slightly dark tan; they also have shades of hair and eye color similar to their skin tones; and are slightly taller than average people. Their eyes are more reptilian like, although, they cannot see as well as the Colonists; they also have sharpened canine teeth. The Natives are more controlled and aware of their abilities, and will use them when necessary. The Colonists are just about the same as the Natives, but with lighter tones and slightly taller than the Natives. They are more cold in personality than the Natives, and that can show in the bigger cities. What really makes the Natives different from the Colonists is that some Natives are born with a barbed tail, coming out around the bottom of their spine that grow to be about three to four feet long; a paralyzing venom comes out of the stinger, paralyzing the victim for a few hours.

South Corhes [CORE-hes]

Spoiler

The people who were born and live in the province are called Southern Corhic, who are described to be not only one of the most cutthroat people in the land, but as the most charismatic people in the land. The Southern Corhic Natives have a dark skin tone, ranging from a deep, rich brown to a dark tan; their hair colors are often lighter shades of brown, almost like a milk chocolate; their eye colors often reflect the colors of the sky, blue, orange, pink, and in some cases, purple; and are slightly taller than average people. Their features are more hawk-like; they do have sharp eyesight, so they can see better than the Colonists. The Natives, like their northern neighbors, are more controlled and aware of their abilities, and will use them when necessary. The Colonists are just about the same as the Natives, but with lighter tones and slightly smaller than the Natives. They are more paranoid than the Natives, and that shows in the big cities. What really makes the Natives different from the Colonists is that the Natives are born with feathers adorned their bodies, mostly on their faces; the Natives’ hair are usually made out of feathers, their color usually a lighter shade than their skin tones.

Doshvid Mountains [DAH-sh-vid]

Spoiler

The people who were born and live in this Province are called Dosh, who are described to be people who keep home always in mind, but can also be described as strict and cold in personality when they need to be. The Dosh Natives have light shades of blue for skin tones, ranging from a slightly dark sky blue to a ice blue; their hair color are often stark white with light blue highlights; their eye colors can range from light green to a piercing blue, with the rare cases of purple and black; and are an average sized people. The Natives have more resistance to cold than the Colonists, as they are a bit more vulnerable to the heat. The Dosh Colonists have lighter skin tones, like the Medieish; their hair color is often black with a few streaks of white; their eye colors can range from a light to a deep blue; and are an average sized people.

Meide [MAE-dah]

Spoiler

The people who were born and live in this Province are called Meidese, who are described to be the most family oriented people in all the land, holding to a sense of their “family honor.” They can be strict at times, but are often people who enjoy each other’s company, especially if the company is their family. There are no distinct Natives and Colonists, since the island was created by a powerful Discord Mystic a few hundred years after Ko’ad’s Fading; the island’s people grew comfortable with each other and became so integrated with each other that they are now one people instead of divided between Natives and Colonists. The Meidese have light skin tones, lighter than Medieish; their hair color is often darker colors, like green, blue, purple, etc.; their eye colors are often lighter colors than their hair colors; and they are shorter people. They are a more agile people than the rest of the nations, and those in the criminal world become assassins of some sort.

The Kore Isles

Spoiler

The people who were born and live in this Province are called Korish, who are described to be the kindest, outgoing, and welcoming people in all the Provinces. They often have warm personalities and are mostly empathetic people. There are distinct differences between the Natives and Colonists, but they do not have any division amongst any of the cities. The Korish Natives have darker skin tones and a slightly tanned complexions, ranging from a chocolate brown to a light chestnut; their hair colors are often lighter shades of their skin tones; their eye colors are often lighter shades of green, ranging from a dark forest to a bright green; and are an average sized people. The Korish Colonists have slightly lighter skin tones, something more like a light brown; their hair color are often darker shades of brown with a few cases of black; their eye color are often various shades of hazel; and are a shorter sized people.

Neduis [ned-OUI]

Spoiler

The people who were born and live in this Province are called the Neduisians, who are described to be adventurous and diligent people, who are more likely to go and try new things they haven’t experienced before. There are distinct differences between the Natives and Colonists, but they do not have any division amongst any of the cities. The Neduisian Natives have lighter skin tones with darker complexions; their hair colors are often dark pine greens or light browns; their eye colors are often a golden-brown or gray color, with a few cases of creamy white; and are taller sized people. The Neduisian Colonists have similar skin tones to the Natives; their hair colors are various shades of brown with blond highlights; their eye colors are often a dark yellow, often confused with being gold; and are an average sized people.

Plot/Backstory:

Spoiler

Error 404: Plot cannot be found at this time.

Characters/Template:

Spoiler

Blank Character Sheet:

Spoiler

Name:

Pronouns:

Nationality:

Appearance:

Personality:

Mystic? Yes/No

Type of Mystic (if applicable):

Backstory (optional):

Misc:

Channelknight Fadran: Elya Pherish

Spoiler

Name: Elya Pherish

Pronouns: She/Her

Nationality: Let's go with Neduisian

Appearance: Golly, can't draw. (Hey Synnie, can you do it?) Dark green hair sounds cool, and imma give her gray-silver eyes. Also she's so scudding average in height that nobody notices her.

Personality: Very calculating and controlled, but by no means cold.

Mystic? HECK YEAH

Type of Mystic: Harmony (I'll save her powers for when I get to write up her fight scenes :ph34r:)

Backstory: Haven't decided yet. Probably super tragic though.

Misc: Uhhh...

• Let's give her an instument. Violin. She's a master violinist.
    • (Oh, heck, I have no clue how strings work. With any luck I won't have to RP her playing it)
  • Treehugger or city slicker? Let's go with nature.
  • Absolutely abhors velcro shoes.
  • Can't cook to save her life EXCEPT for her mean pop tarts.
  • Oh yeah also she has an epic-looking katana. This is her main weapon. Perhaps I should've mentioned that.

Szeth_Pancakes: Ne'ik Ever [Deceased(?)]

Spoiler

Name: Ne'ik Ever

Pronouns: he/him

Nationality: North Cohrean (Native)

Appearance: Dark brown hair, slightly darker skin, and eyes slightly darker than that. Rather broad-shouldered and muscular. 6' 1" tall, with a 4' 2" long tail. 

Personality: Cold and mysterious. Often speaks in grunts and one-word sentences.

Mystic? No

Backstory: you'll see ;)

Misc: Hates Mystics with a burning passion. When fighting, uses either two large knives or two shotguns, depending on the range. Expert at both.

Mystic Syn: Ji Naito

Spoiler

Name: Ji Naito 

Pronouns: he/him

Nationality: Dosh (Colonist)

Appearance: Cold dark blue eyes with raven black hair, streaked with white every here and there. He stands at 5’ 7” (170 cm). He usually wears comfortable clothing like hoodies and some pairs of jeans.

Spoiler

One sketchy and one colored

A78B5F0B-4244-4B49-857B-BEA56ECE8724.thumb.jpeg.91c382a5324adc2fefa7bf9caa0946b2.jpeg

2CBC2990-540D-4BE9-AFBE-3125FFF5BCB9.thumb.jpeg.57f579d24c74e705c1b79a4b093e82bf.jpeg

Personality: Is cold and can be temperamental at times, but is loyal to a fault. He does have a sarcastic side, but isn’t often seen when talking with strangers. His expression is kind of always mad at something. But he does have a soft side, when people are being treated unfairly.

Mystic? Yes/No

Type of Mystic (if applicable): Transporter and Discord (is able to summon and control ghostly blue apparitions of blades, as if they were on strings).

Backstory (optional): His family was murdered by the Angel of Death when he was only seven, but he was left as the only survivor as a form of mercy. Since then and having no close relatives, Ji lived in the slums of Odhak, defending himself with his power when necessary. He basically knows everything that goes on in there and where to hide.

Misc:

• Very agile
  • Has knowledge of basically everywhere in the slums
  • Has safe houses, which are just abandoned buildings
  • Knows people all around the slums and where to get information
  • Actively fights against the Pacis when they try and take away a Mystic
  • Has trust issues

Fallapede: Raviid Junge (aka Verim Grant)

Spoiler

Name: Raviid Junge (Currently under alias as Verim Grant)

Pronouns: He/him

Nationality: Dovshid(Native)

Appearance: Looks to be about 25 with sapphire blue skin, green eyes and white hair. Thin and slightly below average height, typically dressed in a horrifically gaudy fashion.

Personality: Charming, manipulative, and ruthlessly self-interested. A self-admitted hedonist with fondness for fine wine and gambling.

Mystic? Yes

Type of Mystic (if applicable): Purebred Foreseer. Can slow people and objects to a near-standstill and has slowed his aging down to a crawl.

Backstory (optional): Former second prince who fled the country after a failed assassination attempt several decades ago. Currently living in exile in Odhak, making a living as a high-class thief-for-hire.

Misc: Very good with his hands, rather sneaky, no sense of direction. Harbors a lingering resentment for Dovshid's monarchy, but has no current plans to act upon it.

The Unknown Aon: Atik Mesis (mese- is)

Spoiler

Name: Atik Mesis (mese- is)

Nationality: South Corhes raised. He is half South Corhic Native and half Kajtaniak Native.

Appearance: At first glance or from a distance, Atik looks like a South Corhic, but if you look carefully or from the right angle, you can see the lines and even shape of his bark skin. The only parts that are not entirely covered are his face, with only his rather stubby nose and parts of his jaw having bark, and his hands and feet, which have unusual woodlike claws. He is normally bald, but on the rare occasions he has hair Atik has both feathers and normal hair, often growing out of the same follicles, the discomfort is part of his almost religious shaving.

Personality: Rather happy and charismatic, but when angry he is cold as ice and unyielding.

Mystic? Yes

Type of Mystic (if applicable): My end goal is for him to make semi-sentient little helpers, so for sure a lifegiver, but I was think the way he made them sentient was giving them his own memories.

Backstory (optional): I'll write these later.

Misc:

S4S: Locke Kodok

Spoiler

Name: Locke Kodok

Pronouns: He, Him

Nationality: Medetish Native

Appearance: Standing at 6'2" with a lanky but stronger build, Locke wears a set of black boots, a pair of tighter Khaki pants, and a thick charcoal-grey jacket over a rugged white shirt that all smell of cigarette smoke. His straight hair is dyed a deep black and cut to a moderate sweeping length, and he keeps a clean-shaven face to help hide the fact that his hair isn’t its natural color. Both of his nearly sleepless eyes have noticeable hints of silver in them, but Locke's right eye has a darker copper pigment mixed into it, with his left eye having a similar effect but with a lighter golden hue.

Personality: Locke often seems as though he has "checked-out" of reality, often times coming across as anywhere from simply aloof to frustratingly arrogant in any given situation. While this is true in most cases, Locke is not completely past feeling and can be very observant and think critically when necessary. It will usually be in the quiet moments that you are most likely to see Locke as he truly is.

Mystic? Yes

Type of Mystic: Lifegiver and Deathgranter (further details of how these powers intertwine with Locke will be revealed)

Backstory: To be explored, though I would note Locke often doesn't act or feel like someone who was "born and raised" in dark alleyways or city slums.

Misc:

- Locke is exceptionally skilled in hand-to-hand martial combat, and while he rarely uses knives or blades, he does carry a concealed handgun he is proficient at using.

- Locke can play the harmonica. (if you ask him nicely)

Sequence: Velo

Spoiler

Name: Velo 

Nationality: Neduisian Colonist

Appearance: Short unkept deep brown hair with a single golden-blond streak going from the right side of his forehead, then following back and disappearing under his dark locks. He has a mild tan skin color with deep yellow - almost gray - eyes. He is of average height with soft features and a round-ish face. Known to wear a plain gray shirt with dark green trousers.

Personality: Reclusive and quiet, clinically insane, depressed, and sociopathic, always screaming about "them" and "the shade" to anyone who will listen. If you can catch him at one of his more "normal" times, he can be quite kind.

Mystic? Yes

Type of Mystic (if applicable): Forgetfulness (Neglect)

Backstory/Overall Description: Not much is known about him, but sometime in the past he sacrificed 90% of his memory (including his last name and family) for frightful combat abilities. He has now drifted so far into insanity, that these skills are almost useless to him. He spends most of his days in the basement of an abandoned building, which is full of weapons and lanterns, nothing else. During times of lucidity, he leaves his home in Odhak, using his power to make merchants forget certain things they have learned about trade to get them to hand over their goods for free. The richer areas of the city employ him as an assassin for outrageous amounts of money, which he always destroys when the task is done. He has vague memories of killing innocents, and misusing his Mystic power in terrifying ways.

DramaQueen: Lyanör Skylan 

Spoiler

Name: Lyanör Skylan

Pronouns: she/her

Nationality: Korish Colonist

Appearance: 5'1", light brown skin, very very dark brown hair, hazel eyes (more green than brown). She wears soft, flexible clothing in layers that she can remove as needed (for bandages or comfort.)

Personality: She is super kind, bubbly, and easily excited. Although her kindness is the first opinion people have of her, she is also very determined, and won't ever give up on something she believes to be right. When needed, she can fight very well, though she prefers to try to avoid conflict if possible. With her not being a Mystic, she's often underestimated, but her skill makes up for her lack of magical abilities.

Mystic? No

Backstory: I'll make something up eventually probably.

Misc:

- She is skilled with a variety of weapons, but she's best with shooting weapons. She loves bow and arrow, but it's far more convenient for her to carry around a couple of pistols, so that's usually what she uses. 

- She loves stargazing, people, nature, stupid puns, and she has the best (and most contagious) laugh ever.

#1 Taln Fan: Saaphir Kadashwi [Deceased]

Spoiler

Name: Saaphir Kadashwi

Pronouns: He/him

Nationality: Meidese

Appearance: Tan skin for a Meidese, dark purple hair with black highlights. Strikingly violet eyes. Muscular. Would be handsome, but has long scar running down across his face.

Personality: Used to be laughing and lighthearted, but has been hardened by death of his family and a difficult life on the streets. Has learned to appreciate what he has, and has learned to fight dirty

Mystic? No.

Backstory (optional): Lived with his father on the streets, his father was knifed in the back by a mugger while a seven year old Saaphir watched from nearby. Saaphir vividly remembers the sight of the murderer’s face, smiling in grim satisfaction at Saaphir, before running off with his father’s money. The man was a native North Cohrean, with dark brown hair, dark green eyes, and dark skin. Was tall and muscular, with a long tail.

Misc: Saaphir is skilled with the sword he keeps at his waist. His father’s sword, which had been stashed away and hadn’t been stolen. It’s a finely made katana, simple but solid steel, with no extra ornamentation. Saaphir has sworn to ram that blade through his father’s murderer’s chest. He is also proficient with a bow, his father having taught him for a year before his death, Saaphir has continued to hone his skills.

Tani: Kazh 

Spoiler

Name: Kazh

Nationality: South Corhes (native)

Appearance: Dark tan skin. Black feathers. Pale yellow eyes. (I have seen this color in the sky. It was a sunset.)

Personality: Dedicated. Pyromaniac. 

Mystic? Yes

Type of Mystic (if applicable): Chaos (fire)

Misc: Favorite weapon: knives, preferrably on fire or with heated blades.

Frustration: John Domad

Spoiler

Name: John Domad

Sex: Male

Race: Dosh

Appearance: Tall, his skin is a darker blue than most of his kind. Completly bald

Personality: You know the DM mindset of "Doesn't intend to TPK, doesn't intend to appologise either?" Well it's the opposite of that.

Mystic: John is a Time/Rememberance mystic. John experiences high stress levels his brain will remember those moments perfectly.

Backstory: John was bright and friendly, born to a loving family and work hard to join the military. Until he had to kill for the first time, it broke him. Two years later, with no expaination he resigned from duty, and has been wandering ever since.

Doomslug the Destroyer: Cephus Wittebane (or Ceph)

Spoiler

Name: Cephus Wittebane (Or Ceph)

Pronouns: He/Him

Nationality: Native Southern Corhic

Appearance: Dark tan skin tone, with black colored hawk feather hair. Lavender eye color, and gray blue feathers lining his face. Wears a black t-shirt underneath a deep purple coat, which is zipped up to the middle. Well-worn cargo pants cover his legs, and they are light gray in color, with black sneakers. Hidden inside his coat is a knife, one he always keeps on his person.

Personality: Honestly, he's a pretty intimidating guy, but he's a generally mellow one. He just looks like he could kill you. He won't (probably). Ceph has an EXTENSIVE sense of humor and knowledge, and can tell you about history any day, although you probably won't want to hear it. He's got a soft side when it comes to what he calls "flightlings," which are really just people below the age of 25, which is what he considers young. 

Mystic? Yes

Type of Mystic (if applicable): Transporter (He can do what he calls Transparency, and move through walls, and other objects that are less than 2 feet thick. He's working right now on summoning what he calls Feathers, which are certain people or animals who help him. He's becoming quite experienced.)

Backstory (optional): He doesn't like to talk about it. 

Misc:

• Typically distrustful of people older than him by at least 5 years. (48 and above)
  • Spends his weekends in the library, unless he's out on his part time job, bounty hunting. In a big city like this, that's good money right there.
  • During the week, he helps people out, which is difficult when you look intimidating as he does.
  • His house holds all his bounty hunting gear, which is miscellaneous weapons, and some stealth gear. Partial to traditional melee weapons rather than guns and that sort.

Thaidakar the Ghostblood: Jeh'lar

Spoiler

Name: Jeh'lar

Nationality: Native South Cohrean.

Appearance: he has deep royal purple eyes and dark and chocolatey brown skin. medium hight, muscular build.

Personality: grim, sarcastic. slow to laugh or smile. 

Mystic: storms yeah!

Type of Mystic (if applicable): Recaller. 

Backstory (optional): all of his family was killed by a mysterious green haired and sliver eyed lady who Jeh'lar has been hunting his entire life. Jeh'lar was 12 when his family died. Jeh'lar has been going to and from several different small time gangs across Zvso. Jeh'lar has avoided the Pacis for his entire life. 

Misc: a large sword. he has two knives in his belt, a pocket watch from one of the main cities. a picture of his family from 15 years ago, right before his parents died. 

2EmLee2: Alissya

Spoiler

Name: Alissya

Nationality: Half Kajtaniak, half unknown

Appearance: 5"6'; She has dark maple straight hair that goes to just below her shoulders; Her skin has areas of pine tree bark skin* that accents parts of her where her bones are closer to the skin (Cheeks, shoulders, elbows, etc)- the part of her skin that is not like bark is a medium brown that has a slight tint close to the hue of her hair; She has a thin and agile frame, she usually wears a dark purple-almost-black cloak over a short, simple dress and leggings- usually in dark colors (Dark pinks, greens, purples, blues, and colors like that) that help her blend in with the shadows.

Spoiler

438B697C-BAA2-4F44-A3C9-C1B7625BBF6B.thumb.jpeg.4a7a07f6d706109c7915bf399d954b06.jpeg

Personality: Very quiet. Keeps to herself, but is very compassionate. She loves colors, but can't wear them so she won't stand out. She prefers the forest to the city. She appreciates the simple things and loves children.

Mystic? Yes

Type of Mystic: Lifegiver; Can only use her powers to heal. Whenever she uses her powers, it appears as a softly glowing aura around the wound colored green with swirls of brown. The most she can heal at once without blacking out is the equivelent to three completely broken bones (As in, broken at a 90 degree angle)

Backstory (optional): Her mom- a Kajtaniak native- ran away with a foreigner and had Alissya. Turns out that foreigner wasn't the best guy so Alissya's mom took her to the city to start anew when she was only a few months old. Because they didn't have much, they stayed to the poorer sections of the city. Her mom never talked about her dad. When Alissya was six, her mom died of a sickness and Alissya was left to fend for herself. After that, her Mystic powers started to emerge and she used it to help the other young kids on the streets. She's done that ever since- until one of the young kids she helped heal ratted out the the Pacis that there was a Lifegiver in her part of the city. She's been running around, eluding them as best she could.

Misc: She doesn't have any weapons except for a small throwing knife hidden in her boot. She doesn't know how to use it and prefers to hide rather than defend herself with violence.

Emery the Steelrunner: Viator “of House Locus”

Spoiler

Name: Viator “of House Locus” (he has renounced it, but people are looking for him.)

Nicknames: “Wanderer, or The Traveler.”

Nationality: Native Neduisian

Appearance: He is kind of on the short side for a Nedusian, but is still fairly tall. He has lighter and brighter green hair than is average, and has golden irises, with brown flecks in them. He wears neat clothes, but nothing that fancy. He also always carries a backpack with a small gas stove, a pot, a water filter, and a sleeping bag inside, along with a violin and its case.

Personality: Friendly, and easily excitable. He is really adventurous, and loyal. He is a pacifist, and will try to find a peaceful solution to any problem. He is the kind of guy to say sorry, after you you tell him to stop saying sorry. This all makes it really surprising that he is a criminal. He is on the run from the Pacis: “I don’t just want to do one thing my whole life, you know? I want go out there and explore. I especially don’t want to do one thing my whole life, if that one thing is arresting those just like me.”

Mystic: Yes.

Type of Mystic: A Pureblood Transporter. He can not summon anything for the life of him, but he knows how to do one thing, and do it well. He is really good at making portals. He can make multiple portals at a time, but only at close range. For far away portals he can only make one set at a time. (I wanted to make a support type character, because I have two main fighters in other RPs at the moment.) It is because he is a pureblooded transporter, and no other reason, that the Pacis want to capture him (definitely not because there is a big reward offered from his parents or anything).

Weapons: None, possibly an infinite loop of portals, but that’s more of an annoyance/distraction.

Backstory: He came from one of the oligarchy families one of the islands of Neduis, but renounced his house a long time ago. As a young child, he loved climbing the trees, and hiking through the forests on the islands. He showed skills as a transporter at the age of 10, but could never figure out how to summon things.

Other: He is very agile, and knows basic wilderness survival skills, but almost nothing about how to stay hidden in plain sight in cities. He is a good navigator. He plays the violin/fiddle.

Link to Google Doc:

Spoiler

Don’t worry, you and I will be completely anonymous on these docs. I won’t know your personal email information and y’all won’t know mine. You can read these if you so desire; they’re only here if you need a reference.

Zvso doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N2RcofnT8_NakSr47rqGHf7HGur5JzoolvdODgqSV6s/edit

“A Love Worth Dying For”:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xUoSIYFbdG7Lk_lIRsXCk0EU34EI9lOO2BADmydpSVM/edit

“An Act of Dying Justice”:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12-cX-9O6Q2UMMxO3Rwlq759gXBej1pIVEmouTjjGxVY/edit

“Trust is Like Glass”:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/197wHBLE1lcULQ_xVFuFBAkpSylUgJyDuBa43FLJCl_U/edit

“The Angel Has Fallen”:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z63_4Ba-Cu4bDUv0cbZDhuqqwZl0C9NYrba3sZNJVfU/edit

Edited by Mystic Syn

*slams hands on table in response*

I will join.

And I will make sure this thread will not die.

I promise you this: you will log on to the Shard in eighty years, and this. thread. will. still. be. going.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to do school. But I’ll creat a character later.

42 minutes ago, Ookla the Confused said:

Do the North Corhes Natives have an established religion? If not, can I make one to suit my character?

Also, is North Corhes at war with anyone?

I’m keeping religions rather open right now, because I don’t want to force anything onto people. I did list what the Natives believe in the doc, if you’re interested in that and want to implement that in your character.

And again, I’m keeping this rather open for anything. They could be at war, but it depends on what plot we decide to come up with.

C h a r a c t e r

Spoiler

Name: Elya Pherish

Pronouns: She/Her

Nationality: Let's go with Neduisian

Appearance: Golly, can't draw. (Hey Synnie, can you do it?) Dark green hair sounds cool, and imma give her gray-silver eyes. Also she's so scudding average in height that nobody notices her.

Personality: Very calculating and controlled, but by no means cold.

Mystic? HECK YEAH

Type of Mystic: Harmony (I'll save her powers for when I get to write up her fight scenes :ph34r:)

Backstory: Haven't decided yet. Probably super tragic though.

Misc: Uhhh...

• Let's give her an instument. Violin. She's a master violinist.
    • (Oh, heck, I have no clue how strings work. With any luck I won't have to RP her playing it)
  • Treehugger or city slicker? Let's go with nature.
  • Absolutely abhors velcro shoes.
  • Can't cook to save her life EXCEPT for her mean pop tarts.
  • Oh yeah also she has an epic-looking katana. This is her main weapon. Perhaps I should've mentioned that.

9 hours ago, Ookla the Mystic said:

The Mystics that fall under this category are commonly called Harmonies (Harmony, singular).

Well now I have to do it. ;)

Character

Spoiler

Name: Not sure - will edit.

Nationality: Dosh Native

Appearance: Bright blue eyes, white hair tipped with light sky blue (cut like Adrien Agreste's ;) ), other stuff that I don't have time for rn.

Personality: Friendly, until you mess with his home/family/(pet? Syn? I would like an animal.) at which point he is no longer friendly. He obsessively organizes things and does it so skillfully you can barely even tell it's happening until you see the changes.

Mystic? Yes/No

Type of Mystic (if applicable): Harmony, creates order among chaos.

Backstory (optional): same - will edit in.

Misc:

25 minutes ago, Ookla the Lad said:

(Hey Synnie, can you do it?)

(눈‸눈) I guess I will, but I expect payment in.. uh, your adoration? Idk. You’re going to have to give me a bit more details, meaning hair length. But yeah, pretty solid character and me likey. It is Syn approved, not that it really means anything.

15 minutes ago, Ookla the Short said:

Well now I have to do it.

I mean, you don’t have to, but if you want to, I’m fine with you taking as much time as you need. For age, you can be however old you want, because it’s your character and I ain’t gonna tell ya how old you should be. And yes, you have have any pet you want because I love you /p -w- I’ll wait till you’ve ready to finish him up before adding him to le list. Life is more important, bro.

Well, I just finished watching Demon Slayer, which means that she totally needs to wear a super slick uniform and and boots. Can you make her hair braided along the sides symmetrically? 

Also I was, like, 10% joking about you drawing her so if you don't wanna then feel free to pretend like the other 90 never happened.

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Lad said:

Well, I just finished watching Demon Slayer, which means that she totally needs to wear a super slick uniform and and boots. Can you make her hair braided along the sides symmetrically? 

Also I was, like, 10% joking about you drawing her so if you don't wanna then feel free to pretend like the other 90 never happened.

I’ll probably sketch her out when I’m not having an emotional breakdown.

4 hours ago, Ookla the Mystic said:

I’m keeping religions rather open right now, because I don’t want to force anything onto people. I did list what the Natives believe in the doc, if you’re interested in that and want to implement that in your character.

And again, I’m keeping this rather open for anything. They could be at war, but it depends on what plot we decide to come up with.

Spoiler

Name: Kerre Sa’a

Pronouns: he/him

Nationality: Tere North Cohrean

Appearance: Caramel-colored skin, dark-ish brown hair, deep brown eyes. 6’ tall, with a 4’ 3” barbed tail, and sharpened canines.

Personality: Charming and charismatic, but gets deadly serious when preparing for or in battle. A devout follower of the Great God.

Mystic? Yes.

Type of Mystic: Discord. Can control Earth, currently in very limited quantities.

Backstory: You’ll see ;)

Misc: Cohrean soldier. With his tail and his powers, he makes a formidable foe.

12 minutes ago, Ookla the Ballerina said:

I'd like to join this, but maybe once it gets going a little bit . :)

Aight, kewl. I’ll add you to the pm, if that’s alright with you. Still trying to figure out if anyone’s interesting in my ramblings.

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Confused said:

Looks great, bro! I’ll add it to the thingy.

Just now, Ookla the Mystic said:

Aight, kewl. I’ll add you to the pm, if that’s alright with you. Still trying to figure out if anyone’s interesting in my ramblings.

*Thumbs up* Also, how much does the Kajtaniak skin resemble bark? Is it exact, or are there differences?

1 hour ago, Ookla the Ballerina said:

*Thumbs up* Also, how much does the Kajtaniak skin resemble bark? Is it exact, or are there differences?

The bark is kinda like carapace, meaning yes it’s exact and yes, there are some differences like it’s not all over the skin. Am I making sense??

4 hours ago, Ookla the Lad said:

I sleep in… for one day. Suddenly seventeen notifications out of nowhere.

I got y’all’s backs.

Spoiler

Name: Ji Naito 

Nationality: Dosh (Colonist)

Appearance: Cold dark blue eyes with raven black hair, streaked with white every here and there. He stands at 5’ 7” (170 cm). He usually wears comfortable clothing like hoodies and some pairs of jeans and yes, I made a drawing of him :pp.

Spoiler

An old drawing I made a while back :pp Like, over a year ago “while back.”

0A88E857-F5D5-452F-90F2-06AB26E6240C.thumb.jpeg.75863cbee0d60410f8a12af52e7238c7.jpeg

Personality: Is cold and can be temperamental at times, but is loyal to a fault. He does have a sarcastic side, but isn’t often seen when talking with strangers. His expression is kind of always mad at something. But he does have a soft side, when people are being treated unfairly.

Mystic? Yes/No

Type of Mystic (if applicable): Transporter and Discord (is able to summon and control ghostly blue apparitions of blades, as if they were on strings).

Backstory (optional): His family was murdered by the Angel of Death when he was only seven, but he was left as the only survivor as a form of mercy. Since then and having no close relatives, Ji lived in the slums of Odhak, defending himself with his power when necessary. He basically knows everything that goes on in there and where to hide.

Misc:

• Very agile
  • Has knowledge of basically everywhere in the slums
  • Has safe houses, which are just abandoned buildings
  • Knows people all around the slums and where to get information
  • Actively fights against the Pacis when they try and take away a Mystic
  • Has trust issues

Ji Naito sulked the wooden highways, stuffing his hands in his pockets. He stayed away from the Center––the area where all the rich people lived and constantly mocked him––and always ended up walking around the outskirts near the bottom highways. The salt of the canals to the right stung his nose, but Ji found it comforting. It reminded him of his home, where he belonged. It was the only thing that reminded him of his family, especially the times when he would play in the highways with his–– Ji quickly shooed the thoughts away. He wasn’t going to think about that today, though after eleven years, it still hurt.

Though he passed by many people, he kept his gaze fixated on the ground as he wove through people. He might be in the slums, but people did know him and few of them would sell him out to the Pacis for money. Ji couldn’t risk himself, even if he knew some of them personally; he didn’t want to serve the rest of his life from the people that made him the person he was today, all because of the stupid laws they made.

A hand grabbed his arm, distracting Ji from his thoughts. He looked up at the person, glaring at them.

They were unbothered that he was glaring, maybe even amused? He wore dark clothing, blending in with the shadows behind him, but Ji could tell from the parts that were visible that he was Kajtaniak from his rough skin. The stranger held his arm tightly, not intending to let go.

“Don’t touch me,” Ji snarled softly.

“I know who you are,” the stranger said, ignoring his comment. “I don’t care what they say, but I hear you’re worth a lot of money with the Pacis, and I intend to collect.”

“I said,” Ji said a little louder as his veins began to glow a light blue, almost white, “don’t touch me.”

A ghostly blue apparition of a curved, one-edged blade shot from what it appears to be Ji’s back and shot towards the stranger’s neck, as if it was controlled by strings. It didn’t go to impale, but it did draw droplets of blood from the chin and neck. The droplets fell to the stranger’s clothes or the wooden highway, soaking the old wood. It was a spirit copy of an authentic blade, or it certainly looked like it. The blade had some form of writing on them, but Ji couldn’t read them; they started from the bottom of the blade and went up to the middle. The writing glowed, the whole blade following suit.

The stranger’s eyes bugged out. He quickly backed away, sweat rolling down his brow. “Uh– I– Y-you ha––” he stuttered.

“Mystic!”

Ji snapped his head back at the voice. On the other side of the canal, a bystander was pointing at him and the apparition. On the floor above them, a Pacis officer in their white uniforms looked down on him and called out to him, already beginning to run towards him.

Ji cursed under his breath, and began to run towards one of his safe houses.

Standing atop a clock tower's pinnacle, Elya watched her city move in place.

Lights twinkled on and off, and buzzing crowds made their way through the streets as night began to darken to twilight. A wind blew from the right; only a few degrees off of true East. Elya breathed with it, wondering if there was any pattern to its blow. She only shifted herself fractions of an inch to account for the breeze, holding herself in a perfectly balanced stance.

There was a disturbance. She glanced to her right, watching a Pacis officer run into an alleyway in pursuit of someone. A Mystic?

Should be interesting.

Elya leapt from the tower, brushing her foot against the pinnacle to keep her feet against the tower. The breeze blew harsher against her now, but she curled into a ball, somersaulting down for just a second. When she came out of it, Elya kicked off the tower's tapered-out end and shot away from the building beneath it. The wind brushed above and beneath her, providing just a slight amount of lift; nothing that would be noticeable to a normal person, but enough to provide another layer of precision.

She breathed in, scanning all her options beneath her in a fraction of a second. The street, the people, the vehicles... everything within a radius around where she aimed to land. Everything still moved towards her--or rather she towards them--but her concentration sped up tenfold in just a moment.

Then she came between a lantern post and the ground, then kicked off of it and spiraled sideways. Her momentum broke out in a fraction of a second, and she hit the street at the shoulder, rolled to her feet, and continued running. Elya dashed at top speed, weaving between strangers and across every obstacle without issue. The world blurred around her as she removed all unnecessary information from her peripheral. Past a building, through a crowd, down from one street to the next without so much of a bead of sweat... now she had overtaken the Pacis, and was tailing the Mystic.

Hopefully she wouldn't seem too unfriendly.

@Ookla the Mystic

Edited by Ookla the Lad

49 minutes ago, Ookla the Confused said:

@Ookla the Mystic should there be a war

or not

i need to know if im going to post

Uhhh, let’s say that they just signed a peace treaty a few months before, but tensions are still high with the two countries.

27 minutes ago, Ookla the Lad said:

Then she came between a lantern post and the ground, then kicked off of it and spiraled sideways. Her momentum broke out in a fraction of a second, and she hit the street at the shoulder, rolled to her feet, and continued running. Elya dashed at top speed, weaving between strangers and across every obstacle without issue. The world blurred around her as she removed all unnecessary information from her peripheral. Past a building, through a crowd, down from one street to the next without so much of a bead of sweat... now she had overtaken the Pacis, and was tailing the Mystic.

Hopefully she wouldn't seem too unfriendly.

@Ookla the Mystic

Ji huffed, bobbing and weaving between people left and right. They cursed at him, but he didn’t care. Jumping over a box and stumbling back into his run, he risked a look over his shoulder. Someone different was following him, someone he didn’t recognize. Turning his head to focus on where he was running, Ji’s thoughts raced, trying to come up with a way to lose them. He ignored everyone around him, whether they yelped or cursed at him, as he continued to run. His heart pounded, his breath shallow. He ducked under people moving a box, then blinked.

Pumping his legs harder, Ji ran for a few seconds, then hopped over the railing towards the canal. Before hitting the water, his veins glowed and multiple blades shot from his back and impaled themselves in the wooden highway more than a few floors above where he’d been. Grunting and feeling the sweat roll down his brow, Ji pulled himself up where he’d sent his blades, zipping past the cursing Pacis. Blurs of people past by him, some of them barely giving a glance, others jumping back. His blades quivered, but he reached the new floor in time, rolling on the highway.

People backed away, but didn’t say anything. Few of them glanced at him, but continued on their way, not wanting to get involved.

He laid on his back for a few seconds, heaving for breath. Should not… have worn… the hoodie.

Ji sat up, stripping his hoodie off and tying it around his waist. The cool breeze felt good, welcoming. He grabbed his damp tank-top, fanning himself for a few seconds, before getting up and falling into a light jog to the safe house against his sore leg’s wishes.

37 minutes ago, Ookla the Mystic said:

Ji huffed, bobbing and weaving between people left and right. They cursed at him, but he didn’t care. Jumping over a box and stumbling back into his run, he risked a look over his shoulder. Someone different was following him, someone he didn’t recognize. Turning his head to focus on where he was running, Ji’s thoughts raced, trying to come up with a way to lose them. He ignored everyone around him, whether they yelped or cursed at him, as he continued to run. His heart pounded, his breath shallow. He ducked under people moving a box, then blinked.

Pumping his legs harder, Ji ran for a few seconds, then hopped over the railing towards the canal. Before hitting the water, his veins glowed and multiple blades shot from his back and impaled themselves in the wooden highway more than a few floors above where he’d been. Grunting and feeling the sweat roll down his brow, Ji pulled himself up where he’d sent his blades, zipping past the cursing Pacis. Blurs of people past by him, some of them barely giving a glance, others jumping back. His blades quivered, but he reached the new floor in time, rolling on the highway.

People backed away, but didn’t say anything. Few of them glanced at him, but continued on their way, not wanting to get involved.

He laid on his back for a few seconds, heaving for breath. Should not… have worn… the hoodie.

Ji sat up, stripping his hoodie off and tying it around his waist. The cool breeze felt good, welcoming. He grabbed his damp tank-top, fanning himself for a few seconds, before getting up and falling into a light jog to the safe house against his sore leg’s wishes.

Elya landed in front of him. "Hello."