Aight *cracks knuckles* Let's get the plot moving along.

Khusa watched the bustling city below him, people moving past each other without a care about his small business. He clasped his hands, his eyes searching for something with no success. He bit his top lip, turning in his chair back to some papers. Of course, the papers had been brought in by Haro a few minutes prior, but he had the time to look them over. His eyes scanned the words, the corner of his lip twitching upwards.

"Haro?" he called out, leafing through some more pieces of paper.

Her head poked in. "Yes, sir?"

"Go check the front door," Khusa said, looking up from the papers, what was once a smirk faded.

Haro blinked. "You don't have any appointments today."

"I know."

She held his gaze for a moment, but nodded, closing the door behind her.

Khusa leaned back in his chair, organizing the papers in neat little piles, then clasped his hands again. Watching. Waiting.

. . .

Haro Salio walked down the stairs, the heel clicks echoing quietly. She pushed her hair back as she descended. Why Khusa wanted her to check the front door was beyond her, but it was better to do it since nine times out of time, he was correct; Haro had little to no reason to not believe him now.

Slipping through patrons in the front, Haro pushed the door open to the blinding light. She rose her hand to shield her eyes from the sun, but it only took a moment of blinking to adjust to the bright light. Haro looked around, wondering who she should be looking for, till her eyes fell on a group of individuals she felt like she knew somewhere.

5 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

“Let me do the talking,” Velen hissed to Tip as they approached the woman standing at the front of the building. They cleared their throat. “I presume Khusa’s been expecting us?”

Haro blinked, then smiled. "Of course he has been."

She gestured for the whole group to follow as she walked in the building.

Haro smiled as she passed patrons, pushing through an employee’s only sign to a staircase. Climbing to the floor where Khusa was, she remained silent. Haro opened the first door to a little reception area, then marched on to the office door, opening the door and gesturing inside.

“Velen! Took you long enough,” Khusa called as he spread his arms out, giving a small nod to Haro then to the rest of the group. “And you two must be Tip and Lenn,” he added, nodding to the two new people.

And of course I initially forgot to give recap:

Velen (Szeth’s character) and Tip (Aon’s character) recently murdered a big time authority or something or other that was a client of Khusa’s (my character). Something, something: Khusa basically forced Velen to come with him so he could clear their and Tip’s names/faces from the police. Velen left, going to a hideout with Tip, Lenn somehow tagged along. Tip did some super secret, totally not plot related stuff, and left the hideout, and now we’re all here.

I don’t think that helps lol.

Edited by Mystic Syn

Velen narrowed their eyes, reminding themself to do a thorough search of whatever base they decided on in case Khusa had some of his spies follow the three of them out of his office.

“I have decided to take you up on your offer,” Velen said, “on one condition.”

1 hour ago, Mystic Syn said:

Khusa's eyebrow rose. "Bargaining with me? You are bold," he commented, leaning forward, his smirk coming back. "And what is your condition, dear Velen?"

"Tell me what you know about the murder of the Ipara family." Velen leaned in, resting their arms on the table and putting their face half a foot from Khusa's. "You most likely know this, but as a reminder -" Velen pulled back their hair, revealing the Alchemical enhancer on their ear. "I can tell when you lie."

To clarify, Velen was subconsciously analyzing his speech patterns during their discourse earlier. They were trained to do that by the Shadow.

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes

Khusa didn’t lie when they talked to them last, but okie; but he is a very, very good liar.

Khusa’s smirk didn’t fade as he regarded the device on their ear, then back at them. “I wish you the best of luck with my tells of lying,” he responded, then looked past the group. “Haro?”

She poked her head in.

“Get this delightful individual their file, please.”

Haro frowned slightly. “And where would that be?”

“Under the stabby-stab section,” he said without missing a beat, every single word true.

Haro nodded, and closed the door. Khusa looked back at them, then gestured towards the seats around his office.

“She might be a bit. Make yourselves comfortable,” Khusa suggested, clasping his hands again. “It’s better than what you have in that dingy hideout.”

4 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

“It’s better than what you have in that dingy hideout.”

"My hideout is quite nice, thank you very much." Velen walked to the corner of the room and leaned against the wall.

They're not one to sit down in a stranger's office. Also stabby-stab hehe

ok I would like to join here is my character.

Name: Shor Waton

Pronouns: he/him

Nationality: Valoran

Profession: he is a soldier in the army of Valor, specifically the fifteenth legion. he is an officer.

Appearance: Asian looking with a militaristic uniform. he usually wears a knife or two, if this is medieval style he has a sword if not he has a flintlock. 

Personality: He is sarcastic and is a little rough but is pretty nice to people.

Other Stuff: His father is the only member of his family alive and works as a cartographer in the capitol of Valor. Shor doesn't have a love life.