I'm mostly doing my own thing with Tip's religion, sorry if that's a problem.

Also making plot, hope this doesn't mess with any plans.

Tip stared at the telegraph. Almost silently, he cursed, "Shattered Stars."

So he called himself the Phoenix? Ironic. The legends claimed that Worldbreaker wielded a sword of flame and a cloak of ash. Fitting, to compare a madman to the Breaker of Worlds, the definition of evil. 

An old memory came to Tip. It was from a different time, a darker time. 'And so he came, clothed in ash from the inferno that trailed in his wake; covered in dust from the stones he had crushed. In his hand, there was Fury, which was a sword with no bronze but instead a fiery blade, and for its hilt there was obsidian, crafted by no human hand.' There was more, but memory failed Tip. 

The telegraph began again. I will be king. Tip sniffed, what was that smell? It was almost… smoke. Suddenly, although not without warning, the equipment combusted. Startled, Tip fell backwards over his chair as he stumbled out of the room. A fire elementalist with that much power, and a mad one at that, could do what he claimed, if they were even a he. In his panic, he didn't hear Velen's call. He rushed into the room where the visitor sat. "Velen we-" he stopped, glanced around, and started again, "Where's Velen?"

@Channelknight Fadran @Szeth_Pancakes

"That's fortunate that we're leaving," said Tip, comforted by the small amount of normalcy in Velen's voice. "Do you have another base we can access?" At the same time, he spoke to [Fadran's character, I forgot too] with a slightly echoing and robotic (although the idea of robots is likely foreign to them), "I have heard of the one Velen is taking us to, be on your guard, this could be dangerous. Oh, and whatever you do, don't get them angry."

Neither of you can hear what Tip says to the other.

Tip's in a state of panic, so his power has started doing just whatever to try and solve the problem. The fire isn't visible either, due to the aforementioned powerpanicTM.

17 hours ago, The Unknown Aon said:

"That's fortunate that we're leaving," said Tip, comforted by the small amount of normalcy in Velen's voice. "Do you have another base we can access?" At the same time, he spoke to [Fadran's character, I forgot too] with a slightly echoing and robotic (although the idea of robots is likely foreign to them), "I have heard of the one Velen is taking us to, be on your guard, this could be dangerous. Oh, and whatever you do, don't get them angry."

There are probably Alchemical mechs that could be described as “robotic”

Velen snorted at that remark. “Why?” they asked, opening a closet and shrugging on a clean jacket.

On 1/21/2022 at 6:41 PM, The Unknown Aon said:

"The telegraph room is on fire. I'll explain when we're further away."

“What.” If this kid burns down my house… “And, yeah, I have a few other bases we can access. I’ll take you to the Prait’s Hill one; I don’t feel like sleeping in a hovel right now.”

I'm good. Not getting much time on the Shard and I set roleplay for after I go through my notifs, if you @ me fairly often I should be able to do it.

"If you say so." Looking to either side to make sure no-one was listening, Tip continued. "I couldn't get through to (Alex? Whatever his name is), someone else responded. He called himself the Phoenix, and he had strong heat magic. He lit a fire through the telegraph cables."

5 hours ago, The Unknown Aon said:

"You are skilled at that. We may be able to side with this... Phoenix, if we wish."

Velen grunted, walking out into the street. The three of them walked in silence for about thirty minutes, then Velen stopped abruptly and pulled up their hood.

@The Unknown Aon @Channelknight Fadran 

Is it just Velen who has to hide their face, or does the entire party?

@Mystic Syn

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes