Welcome to the Museum of Cryptics
Please follow our guide through Cultivation's perpendicularity. Once on the other side, kindly refrain from touching the petrified lifeforms, as the disease may spread. Follow the guide, and keep a quick pace, as you may have to run from angerspren at some point in the journey.
If you are still alive once you have entered the building, present your passes to the Admittance Officer and enjoy your visit.

Spoiler

Staff
Curator: @Sequence

Guide: @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Guide:

Head of Security: @Tani

Security:

Security:

Admittance Officer: @EmulatonStromenkiin (Foklasfag)

Therapy Cat: @Telrao

Flexible Staff:

Flexible Staff:

Flexible Staff:

Garbage Collector: @Querith

Spoiler

The Number Exhibit
A mural on the stone wall depicts many swirling shapes, along with several examples of every number figure known to Rosharans and Scadrians, along with the various spren societies. Cryptics and other bystanders observe this mural curiously.

Spoiler

The History Exhibit

Several large glass cases hold models and sculptures of various Cryptics and strange objects. No context is provided apart from a few odd symbols etched into a pedestal in front of a glass case containing what appears to be a large, stone kidney bean.

Spoiler

The Biology Exhibit

A massive glass case holds a two story tall statue of a Shadesmar form Cryptic, which is cross-sectioned. The interior of the cross-section shows the different substances Cryptics are made of, labeled with old parchment.

Spoiler

The Relic Exhibit

Many glass cases and pedestals contain objects such as papers, scepters, swords, and statues of human beings. Some context is provided, as there are small plaques below each object, giving insignificant, and often unintelligible, backstories for the object.

Spoiler

The Geology Exhibit
A crude projector fabrial, which is lit and powered by Stormlight to change slides automatically, it attached to the ceiling. It projects onto a blank screen, cycling through slides, each showing the geography of various cities in Shadesmar, along with random plateaus. Bystanders sit in an arrangement of school chairs in front of the projector screen.

Spoiler

The Art Exhibit

(Gallery)

Several large canvases are hung along a long corridor, illuminating lights hung above to give the spectators a better view. They depicted mostly various Cryptic formations, but further along the line, there was a painting of an abnormally sized hamster with human eyes.

Edited by Sequence
Querith has been added to the staff.

A new sign is placed near the Museum entrance. "The Geology Exhibit!" It says in bold red lettering. "Now open!" Despite the sign's newness, it appears to be made out of wood several thousand years old. The aspen planks are yellowing around the corners, the old white paint peeling off. The sign emits a ghastly stench, driving away a few customers.

Edited by Sequence

• 1 month later...
Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Excellent. then this is the perfect job for me, I would like seven hundred donuts for my first payment.

Seven hundred doughnuts...? well, the Guide is payed... hold on... *math noises*. You will be payed 250 donuts per hour, so if you'd like to receive your paycheck every three hours, then each full paycheck (without overtime) would be 750 doughnuts.

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

mkay. *puts down lawn chair next to the perpendicularity and turns on Hawaiian lounging music.* I love this job.

Once people start to come through, you will guide them past the petrified lifeforms, and towards the main building. You will be equipped with a fabrial that emits a high-pitched noise. If angerspren start to come towards you and the tourists (which is very common), then you will tell everyone to cover their ears, and then use the fabrial twice. After that, you will tell the tourists to run to the building, and along the way, use the fabrial a few more times. You should be safe once inside. 

Just now, Sequence said:

Once people start to come through, you will guide them past the petrified lifeforms, and towards the main building. You will be equipped with a fabrial that emits a high-pitched noise. If angerspren start to come towards you and the tourists (which is very common), then you will tell everyone to cover their ears, and then use the fabrial twice. After that, you will tell the tourists to run to the building, and along the way, use the fabrial a few more times. You should be safe once inside. 

Okie, *pops some popcorn into my mouth* well what if we got more people who each have the fabrial and are set on the path and turn it on every few minutes.

4 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Okie, *pops some popcorn into my mouth* well what if we got more people who each have the fabrial and are set on the path and turn it on every few minutes.

Well, you are currently the only Guide, and the security officers will be stationed inside the building. Usually the angerspren are deterred by the signs covered in insults around our premises, so the only danger will be while tourists are making their way to the building. They will wait on the other side of the perpendicularity until a group of twenty has accumulated. You will lead them in groups of twenty every thirty minutes, so those will be times where no angerspren will be tempted. Also, there is only a 62% chance that angerspren will appear during the short journey back to the building.

Edit: Also, we're being funded by the Honorspren, and they are very... stingy when it comes to safety measures.

Edited by Sequence

Just now, Sequence said:

Well, you are currently the only Guide, and the security officers will be stationed inside the building. Usually the angerspren are deterred by the signs covered in insults around our premises, so the only danger will be while tourists are making their way to the building. They will wait on the other side of the perpendicularity until a group of twenty has accumulated. You will lead them in groups of twenty every thirty minutes, so those will be times where no angerspren will be tempted. Also, there is only a 62% chance that angerspren will appear during the short journey back to the building.

Thank you my dear Curator. should I charge them the broams when they first enter or when we have twenty people?

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thank you my dear Curator. should I charge them the broams when they first enter or when we have twenty people?

The admittance officer should take care of that. Also, one more thing. If the group of twenty does not arrive within forty-five minutes of the first person, you may lead through whomever is present.

Edited by Sequence