A debate was taking place. Whispers abounded, but these whispers were not Nobody's, but rather Nobody's. They claimed to be an arbitrator of justice, who had discovered the evil loyalties of... yet another nonexistent person. They were lazy, but made their arguments nonetheless. Words clashed over the day, until the end, where Nobody revealed their facade. It was revealed that Nobody's claims had been lies, attempts to draw out the Dakhor Monks. Seemingly, the attempt had succeeded, they turned their sights turned their eyes towards the quietest of the group. Zephyr, who despite their profession hadn't said a word until that day. They claimed that they were a hidden arbitrator as well, and that Nobody was truly an Elantrian. For reasons beyond the understanding me, they stacked vote upon vote on Zephyr, calling them Monk and liar, but in a flurry of votes at the last second, Nobody was chosen. 

While many people in this group don't exist, one of the most corporeal is known as No-one. No-one left the meeting expecting little trouble. They got little trouble. But then, through shear coincidence, unbelievably talented use of magic, power beyond understanding, or perhaps the will of one man, a bear fell on their head.

Illwei has died. They were an  Elantrian and an Elantrian of Justice. 

Shard of Reading has died. They were an Elantrian and an Elantrian of Watchfulness. 

Elantris has fallen! All aonic actions fail 50% of the time. 

Everything above the triple line break is made up by me and takes extreme liberties with what happened last cycle. 

Technically, the elims have reached parity and won, but their actual win condition is total eradication of the Elantrians, would you like to continue for the last cycle?

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Ookla the Pianist(Matrim's Dice) as Iad. They say you are reliable, but are you actually a scoundrel beneath the facade?

2. @ookla the quantificational (Dannex) as nobody. Who are you, strange traveler?

3. @Ookla the Petrichor(Ed Venture) as Kene. I've never met an honest salesman, are you the first?

4. @Ookla the Confused(Szeth Facepalm) as a nonexistent persom with a pentient for laziness. You laze about and do not, how can we trust you to do what you must when the time comes?

5. @Ookla the Procrastinator(Shard of Reading) as no-one. What is a memory that has been forgotten? Nothing? Or everything?

6. @MintSilverTea as Zephyr the Bard. Songs. The immortal embodiment of emotion. Love, heartbreak, anger, despair, and of course, joy.

7. @Ooklil' the Wei (Illwei) as nobody. What is more boring then nothing?

8. @Ookla the Paranormal (Archer) as Body. Why must you hate? Why must you oppose?

Link to Rules:

Docs will come after vote. 

Edited by The Unknown Aon

Hehe. Finally, my arch nemesis has been slain!

Does the fact that Elantris fell mean there was never an Elantrian of Death in play? If so, I'd end it here. If not, I'd play it out. 

EDIT: There's two possibilities here. 

1. The Elantrian of Death is not in play. The elims will both vote on a villager so that they will at least tie, which results in no exe. They can then use the NK to win in two rounds. 

2. The Elantrian of Death is in play. The village needs the EoD to shoot an elim. The elims have the bodyguard ability this round, so one of them will be protected. The EoD also needs to beat the 50% chance of Aonic failure. IF they succeed, they must not be the one NKed because the next round, it's 1v1, and the elim will force the tie and use the NK. So you have to win three coinflips to force the tie game. Only one of those is truly random though, so we could play out the round for the mind game opportunities.

EDIT: Mint seems sus

Edited by Ookla the Paranormal

Zephyr had been silent for days. The day the spoke, they were nearly killed, but in a rush, survived. In their place, Nobody fell. But one voice spoke out. One voice. Three words. "Zephyr seems sus." Spoken as an afterthought. One voice killed Zephyr. No whispers. Just the three words spoken by Body.

MintSilverTea has died. They were an Elantrian and an Elantrian of Justice. 

The Dakhor Monks have won. Congratulations to @Ookla the Paranormal and @ookla the quantificational.

Final Player List:

1.  @Ookla the Pianist(Matrim's Dice) as Iad. They say you are reliable, but are you actually a scoundrel beneath the facade?

2. @ookla the quantificational (Dannex) as nobody. Who are you, strange traveler?

3. @Ookla the Petrichor(Ed Venture) as Kene. I've never met an honest salesman, are you the first?

4. @Ookla the Confused(Szeth Facepalm) as a nonexistent persom with a pentient for laziness. You laze about and do not, how can we trust you to do what you must when the time comes?

5. @Ookla the Procrastinator(Shard of Reading) as no-one. What is a memory that has been forgotten? Nothing? Or everything?

6. @MintSilverTea as Zephyr the Bard. Songs. The immortal embodiment of emotion. Love, heartbreak, anger, despair, and of course, joy.

7. @Ooklil' the Wei (Illwei) as nobody. What is more boring then nothing?

8. @Ookla the Paranormal (Archer) as Body. Why must you hate? Why must you oppose?

Link to dead doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R9d1hn8er3ZfdWBhCUL0r2MhAKcP8a7xzssUNRfHjAQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

Link to elim doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EM44EMdjExMjjajK3rlbHHyab4OxVpHdip1oNd1w1lE/edit?usp=drivesdk

Link to master sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WPTe9QH_ybFmNCEAFTq6P4lQm6aM6_NfHP8jm5YwzX4/edit?usp=drivesdk

Edited by The Unknown Aon

Yaaaaaay. Gotta love being exed 2-1-1 by the elims only on D1 xD Upon entry to the doc I immediately guessed Danex/Archer as the team solely because I thought there was no way that a villager would seriously vote me for the reasons you two voted me :P.

@The Unknown Aon, make sure to post the doc links and such.

I almost protected Venture D1. He was my #2 choice. And apparently Szeth (who I protected) was the elims' #2 kill choice, so I was really close to doing something. Instead I forgot when rollover was and didn't self pres, and well, here we are.

Illwei, why did you think faking a redcheck at lylo in a QF was a good idea? Lol

58 minutes ago, Ookla the Pianist said:

Yaaaaaay. Gotta love being exed 2-1-1 by the elims only on D1 xD Upon entry to the doc I immediately guessed Danex/Archer as the team solely because I thought there was no way that a villager would seriously vote me for the reasons you two voted me :P.

I almost protected Venture D1. He was my #2 choice. And apparently Szeth (who I protected) was the elims' #2 kill choice, so I was really close to doing something. Instead I forgot when rollover was and didn't self pres, and well, here we are.

Yeah, I meant to switch from you Mat, but then the morning was incredibly quiet and by the time I got started an end-of-round post that would have probably moved my vote, the round was over. I forgot that MST is now only 2 hours apart from EST, not 3, because of the Daylight Savings Time change. Apologies for the mix-up, Ed Venture. Strategically, it was apparently good that I didn't kill Szeth, but since they were alive in the LG, they were going to be the target instead.

Illwei, why did you think faking a redcheck at lylo in a QF was a good idea? Lol

I actually thought it was a good strategy. The flaw in the execution was not drawing strong conclusions from it to build a wagon of support until it was too late in the round. But it was a challenge to react to naturally, so kudos to ya. EDIT: I think you voted a perfect game. Good job

Thanks for running this, TUA, Devo. It's hard to comment on balance because you had to factor in the fact that C2 was exlo. I feel like we got lucky not being kill blocked or scanned C1, and that role claims would have been difficult to defend against, but again, it was a small game. I will suggest though that the elim powers be obtained in the round immediately after they kill their target, not after a round's delay. Only two of the abilities were useful to us, and one of us couldn't use them because we were submitting the NK, so the extra limitation made it a fairly useless mechanic in this situation. I'd also change the wincon to outnumber, so that the EoD could still be an ace in the hole, but we wouldn't have to play it out so long that it's obvious who is on which side. 

and finally, DANNNNNNNNNNNNNEX YOU DIDN'T SUBMIT THE KILL?????? *concern

Nah, it's all good. Pleasure to be your teammate again! Is this the second or third time? Either way, it was an adventure. 

And good game all. If you want a laugh, feel free to read the elim doc. We tried a very.... unorthodox strategy. :ph34r: Shoutout to the overlords for allowing it

Edited by Ookla the Paranormal

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Paranormal said:

And good game all. If you want a laugh, feel free to read the elim doc. We tried a very.... unorthodox strategy. :ph34r: Shoutout to the overlords for allowing it

...I can't decide if this makes me feel better about my exe, or worse. I think better. My goodness you guys xD I wish I was elim, that would have been so much fun.

Still waiting to be elims with Archer :P.

Whoo. What a game. Thank you so much for running this Aon!!

Not too much to comment on, but man, the Elim Doc is quite funny! Wish it lasted all game! Maybe a plan for another game...like, the first time an elim would die to the Elim kill, it's redirected to a random villager instead? Either that or they just survive. Fun stuff, fun stuff! Hmmmm

Thanks y'all for the game!

5 hours ago, Ookla the Pianist said:

I immediately guessed Danex/Archer as the team solely because I thought there was no way that a villager would seriously vote me for the reasons you two voted me :P.

You knew who the elim team was before we did!

and vil!me woulda voted for you too tbh

5 hours ago, Ookla the Paranormal said:

DANNNNNNNNNNNNNEX YOU DIDN'T SUBMIT THE KILL?????? *concern

I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IF C3 WAS A REAL CYCLE
it did have aftermath in the name =P

but yeah
being intentionally anonymous worked surprisingly well
and it was hilarious
10/10 DannnnexPlan :tm: would definitely try again

also
that was my first DannexPlan as an elim

also also
illwei's fake scan claim had hugely unforeseen effects, solely because of our anonymousness
and that's really really funny to me

so yeah
y'all villagers should def read the elim doc
it's hilarious

thanks for running this TUO
and gg Village

2 hours ago, Ookla the Confused said:

@Ooklil' the Wei

what the actual flippin scud were ya thinking

I think that I should have retracted sooner because i kinda kept forgetting it was a QF lol. I was going to retract the night before but felt that wasn't enough reaction time. things happened so fast at eod i don't think the people that were there had the time to think abt it

If i personally had more time to think, then I would have realized Szeth was village, the reason I didn't is because Szeth had a reaction that, were i to have seen it from an older player, would have been obvious inside info that I was village and right (not voting me), but I forgot that I've seen reactions like that before from other players.

misc thoughts from that, i tried to explain them then but i don't think i made much sense at the time

Spoiler

We’re probably at 4v;2e. Szeth has claimed healer, so the NK isn’t guaranteed, but it’s better to assume it’ll go through.

I think this specifically was a mrr post because not only does it assume full innocence for Szeth (preflipping him village), but it also later in the post they preflip mint as a wolf, which makes no sense at all. (pushing mint here as very not e/e)

Mint claiming the check on me means that the only way mint is an elim there is if he votes szeth, because the claimed check on me would be to bump my credibility and be like "yes this is true" - independent of my alignment. the fact that they voted off at Archer meant that they were village.

Spoiler

For future reference, if someone claims a elim check on someone, the two people that you should be voting that cycle are that person and the person they checked. in this case it was me and szeth. yeah we were both village in this case, but like.

Danex, you're pretty good with tone tbh lol

mint/szeth e/e actually??

agh idk

isn't a good post content wise but the tone is good. We also saw Mat give a V read to Danex on D1 for probably tone as well.

(ftr my vote on Danex wasn't because i thought he was village, though i see that my phrasing was bad lol. I was saying i thought the opposite of Mat, which was Reading V and Danex E. lol)

Edited by Ooklil' the Wei

1 hour ago, MintSilverTea said:

I wanted to vote archer, but ironically never got to because a. I thought they would be a good ally and b. I forgot I could check roles ;w; maybe I should just spectate

I didn't use my action at all so

lol

can i ask why you targeted me

Edited by Ooklil' the Wei

16 hours ago, Ookla the Pianist said:

Still waiting to be elims with Archer :P.

Rule One of being an elim is Always kill Mat early. So I'd be required to bus you :P. 

1 hour ago, MintSilverTea said:

I wanted to vote archer, but ironically never got to because a. I thought they would be a good ally and b. I forgot I could check roles ;w; maybe I should just spectate

I mean technically you were the only villager to successfully use an action. So your contributions were helpful! :D. But inactivity burned you, because you didn't have any credibility and it let us control the narrative. Spectating isn't going to help that though. I invite you to try again as a player and get some practice figuring out what the village mindset is and which instincts you have are valid and which are misleading. You're going to be wrong a lot, but if you're wrong in a villagery way, your team can get a read on you, and you might be able to compare your thinking to other's to spot who is faking their reasoning. Everyone wins less than half their village games though, so don't be discouraged if it takes a while to learn how to win. 

19 minutes ago, Ooklil' the Wei said:

can i ask why you targeted me

I'm also curious about that

• 1 month later...

It seems we had quite the elim win streak! Congratulations to Archer and Danex (who seem to be a great elim team combo, if this and LG81 are anything to judge), for their victory and quashing of the Elantrian scourge. Thanks to The Unknown Aon for GMing. Though there were challenges with a small player base, it was still a great game.

If you're new to Sanderson Elimination and would be interested in joining a game, check out the SE General Rules & Etiquette Policy for a breakdown of how each game format works. Game signups are pinned to the thread for at least a week before they're locked and the game begins, so keep an eye out if you're interested in joining.

If you would like to run a game, please post in the GM Signups & Discussion Thread and request to be added to the list. Available game types include Long Games, Mid-Range Games, Quick-Fix games, and the new Break Tank Games. We encourage you to have a specific ruleset in mind before signing up.

Head to The Art of Game Creation to get feedback on rules you're considering. We have plenty of experienced players and GMs who can help you refine any game. You can also send the rules (including secret and blackout rules) to our game approval committee, which includes Stink, Amanuensis, Sart, Fifth Scholar, Straw, Kasimir, and Archer, as well as our mods, little wilsonDevotary of SpontaneityElberethAraris Valerian, or myself. We will help you out in any way we can.

Thanks again to everyone who made this game and community possible. We look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r:

Edited by Elandera