Lost metal predictions

bmcclure7

What are your predictions for lost metal?

My predictions 

1. Hemalurgy would be explored it much more detail.

2. A new autonomy based magic system will be introduced.

3. We will see more of autonomies God metal.

4. Kelsier will be take about nut not see on screen but Marsh will be. 

What are yours? 

1. The outside shard will be revealed or some variation of it. My working theory is that there's an avatar of either Autonomy or Odium called 'Rust' or perhaps it corrupts the investiture of scadrial and presents itself as rust on metal that alters the effects when burned/used as a metalmind.

2. Marsh will be more prominent in the story and Kelsier will appear at the end to save the day perhaps against this outside force. I know he figures prominently in Era 3 so he'll definitely have a big role in a setup towards that.

3. I have to figure some main character is going to die. My bets on Marasi at this point, though she'll go out with a bang.

4. Wax's sister will end up being used as a pawn of Set in a big way, perhaps leading to a critical showdown for him that's tough for him to carry out.

5. We'll see some key Ghostbloods characters here somewhere, maybe just cameos. I'm thinking Mraize and his babsk.

8 hours ago, Invocation said:

Yeah I don't think we're getting an answer for this one, sadly. I'm dying to know, but apparently that's more of an Era 3 thing.

There’s a more recent interview where he confirmed we’ll know in the next book. 

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/466/#e14695

It’s likely that the consequences will be explored a lot more in Era 3 while we’ll still learn an identity of some sort in the Wax and Wayne finale. 

15 minutes ago, Andy92 said:

There’s a more recent interview where he confirmed we’ll know in the next book. 

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/466/#e14695

It’s likely that the consequences will be explored a lot more in Era 3 while we’ll still learn an identity of some sort in the Wax and Wayne finale. 

Yo how did I miss that? I appreciate the new bit of info.

Now I don't have to regret the extra wait to find out definitively who Trell is.

1: We meet Kelsier, but he’s a cameo. Possibly ditto for Marsh. Maybe Spook too.

2: We learn more about what Trell wants

3: Sazed and Wax talk

4: We meet Ghostbloods, but not the ones we already know because that will give away too much from SA5. Note: this is not including their boss.

5: Marasi, and possibly Allik, join the GBs.

6: The Sovereign/Survivor secret gets out.

7: We actually meet Ranette’s girlfriend.

8: We do not learn the names of Wax’s, Wayne’s, Steris’ and Marasi’s mothers.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

5 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

We meet Ghostbloods, but not the ones we already know because that will give away too much from SA5

Yeah, I'm big on that. We already know only very few, and Mraize and Iyatil definitely seem to be part of the Rosharan Chapter / Roshar Operatives. The GBs are said to be a massive organisation, so I rather think (and am very excited for it) that we'll meet atleast one, maybe a few, Scadrian GBs (as in, GBs stationed there, not necessarily people from Scadrial). Maybe one of them will be from a planet aligned with the Shard that Trell belongs to, and that will be our Info. If Trell is Autonomy, which I believe, it might be Sand master or otherwise Taldainian that tells us something like "The same force that guides Trell rules in my home. It stifeled progress for centuries. No wonder it took interest in your world" or something like that.

5 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

The Sovereign/Survivor secret gets out.

I wonder how prevalent Images of the Sovereign are to the Southerns are. As in, will Allik see a statue of the Survivor and be like "wait a minute"

8 hours ago, Benkinsky said:

Yeah, I'm big on that. We already know only very few, and Mraize and Iyatil definitely seem to be part of the Rosharan Chapter / Roshar Operatives. The GBs are said to be a massive organisation, so I rather think (and am very excited for it) that we'll meet atleast one, maybe a few, Scadrian GBs (as in, GBs stationed there, not necessarily people from Scadrial). Maybe one of them will be from a planet aligned with the Shard that Trell belongs to, and that will be our Info. If Trell is Autonomy, which I believe, it might be Sand master or otherwise Taldainian that tells us something like "The same force that guides Trell rules in my home. It stifeled progress for centuries. No wonder it took interest in your world" or something like that.

I wonder how prevalent Images of the Sovereign are to the Southerns are. As in, will Allik see a statue of the Survivor and be like "wait a minute"

It would be deeply ironic if we see a holy war in the future between the the survivorist,  And the followers of the sovereign.