Spiritual Shadows

Morningtide

Based on the underlying theory of Forgery, Everything that Has, Will, or Could exist does Exist in the Spiritual realm.  So far we dont have any examples of a being that exists in Just the Spiritual.  But the Spiritual is a realm that ignores little things like time or distance, so it might be hard to visualize what a purely spiritual existence might look like.   

3 hours ago, Ookla the Theoretical said:

Basically, I was just wondering about the possibility of Spiritual Shadows. If Cognitive Shadows are the imprint of a person in the Cognitive Realm, is it possible for there to be imprints of people in the Spiritual Realm?

Thoughts?

Well, a persons spiritual aspect is just their spiritweb. And we know, from Brandon, that after someone has died there is still an "imprint" or their spiritweb in the spiritual realm for a long time.

so... yeah id say there is an "imprint" of people in the spiritual realm. 

Or are you asking if that imprint would somehow have a consciousness like a cognitive shadow? Cause i dont think it would.

Edited by Eternal Khol

Yeah i think the "spiritual corpse" of your remaining spiritweb probably counts, but it doesn't have a mind governing it anymore, since your cognitive aspect vanishes into the Beyond or whatever. So it just sits there, disConnected from your other two aspects, decaying as the borders of your Identity slowly blur over the years...

4 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Yeah i think the "spiritual corpse" of your remaining spiritweb probably counts, but it doesn't have a mind governing it anymore, since your cognitive aspect vanishes into the Beyond or whatever. So it just sits there, disConnected from your other two aspects, decaying as the borders of your Identity slowly blur over the years...

This ↑

Also, I just though there maybe could be purely spiritual realm beings that could exist though. Back when The Rithmatist was supposed to be in the Cosmere, Shadowblazes were meant to be purely Spiritual Realm beings that got pulled into the physical realm.

Brandon has said that there are things in the Cosmere that exist purely in the spiritual realm(though he didnt specify what or even if they are some kind of beings)

Edited by Eternal Khol