Jorgen and Jason

Ashspren

I'll keep this one short: has anyone else noticed the similarities between the names Jorgen Weight and Jason Write? I feel like there's probably a connection in there somewhere, but it could just be a coincidence. Also, I haven't had the chance to reread "Defending Elysium," and do a full character study on Jason yet, so I could totally be grasping at straws. 

I'm pretty sure it's intentional, and I'm pretty sure Weight is a derivation of Write (in that it changed over the generations), such that Jorgen is a descendant of Jason. I can't find a WoB about it though.

EDIT: Hmm, the more I go looking the "less" I find. Maybe I made this up in my memory? So maybe they aren't related.

Edited by Govir

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! You probably know this already, if you've watched Brandon's recent spoiler stream, but this question was asked in it. Of course, it was promptly RAFO'ed. Brandon did say that he wouldn't dig into this relationship in the main Skyward series, but he may eventually :)

Edited by NorthStar