Shardcast

Vargrave

Hi Guys,

I've been a long time listener of Shardcast via the Podbean app. Today I went searching for some news, hoping everything is all ok in Shardcast land, as its been two months since an update, but it looks like several pods have been posted since the Kaladin episode (the last one on Podbean).

Will Shardcast continue to be published on Podbean? If not, what non-iTunes system can I use to get more Shardcast goodness into my ears.

Keep up the good work, love listening to you all.

Hmmm, my understanding is that Podbean and a variety of these podcast apps always go off the RSS feed. Individual podcasts don't manually post these to any of these services nor do these services actually host the audio file itself. So either it loads off of the podcast's RSS feed (which hasn't changed). Many simply grab iTunes's information, and iTunes is just grabbing from the same old RSS feed.

I am not sure why it wouldn't be loading the new stuff on Podbean as there is plenty of stuff on the RSS feed itself. You should be able to subscribe directly on most apps via the RSS feed: https://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:102123174/sounds.rss

Anyway, I will try to figure out why this might be happening, but I really don't know currently. I looked at Podbean's entry and it does link to the correct RSS feed, and the RSS feed definitely has the most recent stuff there... I couldn't hazard a guess as to why it's not working on Podbean's end.

Quick update - Tried subscribing again in Podbean via the RSS directly, and it still only has up to the Kaladin episode. I downloaded a new podcast app (Player FM, for those playing along at home), subscribed via RSS and it shows up to the Jasnah episode. Win.

So I'm not sure why Podbean was not working, but I'm not married to it so I don't mind changing to a different app. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my issue. You guys rock.