What the living crem is up with the blurb?

Szeth_Pancakes

I haven’t finished Cytonic yet, but is there a reason the blurb sounds like it was written by a 13-year old? Seriously - I’m the copy editor for my high school’s yearbook, and it’s much worse than some of the articles people have turned in. It switches from past tense to present tense multiple times, the grammar and sentence structure is extremely awkward, and some of it is untrue and/or misleading. Is there a story behind this, or what?

• 1 month later...

I don't know anything specific regarding Cytonic's blurb, however I do know that in the publishing industry most authors do not write their own blurbs. Because of this and Brandon's busy schedule my assumption is that someone else writes the blurbs for Brandon's books. My theory for why it is so poorly written is that Brandon has such a dedicated fanbase who likely won't read it, on top of the fact that it's the third book in the series. Hope this helps at least partially answer your question. :D