Mat

Bah, alright, I'll play. I'll just RP and roll dice most of the time because I really don't have bandwidth to play seriously -.-

Changed my avatar because Wyrm dared me to. I'll swap it back later if necessary. On mobile right now. 

Signing up as Kiril Jerzy, local amateur student doing a field ethnography of Allomantic and Feruchemical subcultures. 

Edited to justify because I cannot live without justification.

Edited by Ookla the Wyrmslayer

LG82: Day One: Something is About to Happen

In separate parts of town, the Allomancers and Feruchemists met to discuss. Each group knew roughly where the other party was, yet each group kept to themselves.

For now.

Day One has begun! The turn will last about 48 hours and will end on Friday, December 3rd, at 10am PST.

• There will be an execution today, with a 1 vote minimum. Tied votes will be decided by RNG.
  • PMs are closed.

As a refresher, here are the Ookla Season rules, to be edited when I realize I forgot one:

• When voting, please use normal usernames.
  • If you are an Ookla, please keep your normal pfp.
  • Edit (I knew this would happen): If you're an Ookla, it would also be helpful to put your original name as your member title, though I won't enforce this rule as much as the pfp one.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Ookla the Porched (Araris Valerian) - Lord Hadrian Penrod
  2. @Ooklil' the Wei (Illwei)
  3. @Ookla of Anarchy and Chaos (Tani) - Reva
  4. @ookla the quantificational (Danex)
  5. @Ookla the Confused (Szeth_Pancakes)
  6. @Mage
  7. @Sart
  8. @Ookla the Paranormal (Archer) - Brawnze
  9. @Ookla the Wyrmslayer (Kasimir) - Kiril Jerzy

Edited by Ookla the Pianist

Ahh, it’s that glorious time of year when I struggle to log into my account. (:. Please just call me Archer, that’s easier for everyone.

The line in the rules, “only alignments are revealed upon death”, implies that individual players have more that could be revealed about them. From that line alone, we pretty much know that there’s roles in the game. Looking at Mat’s QF55, the roles he used were Coinshot (one-shot killer), Thug (tank a kill), roleblocker, vote adder, and person who can see who someone targeted with their actions. I imagine this game probably has a similar set. I suggest we avoid revealing our roles, but offer unsolicited advice every round about how someone with one of the usual array of roles might use them. For example, if you’re an alignment scanner, I encourage you to bank on the possibility of a bodyguard role and reveal any alignments you get promptly. Knowing who is a villager is almost as good as knowing who is evil.

Brawnze was in a daze as he entered the town, pulling a pile of bronze shavings on a sled behind him. There were so many- he stopped to try to figure out what the large, four legged creature in front of him was. What had the Old Stories called them? Horse. So many horse.

“Brawnze has brainze. Brawnze made bronze,” he shouted at the people milling about. “Come look at bronze! Bronze good.”

He smiled, ready to transform the Loud People's lives. A drop of blood trickled out of his lips. He spit out his snack. "Note to Brawnze. Bronze make bad meal for Brawnze."

FIELD LOGS #0212-AXV

Allomancers are wary. Have not heard much from them yet. Some sensible talk from Brawnze [=Archer]. Have heard the local Feruchemists seek to conceal themselves among the Allomancers and avoid attention. With much unknown, perhaps they will be less wary than expected.

Capabilities of the local Feruchemists and Allomancers are unknown, but are unlikely to deviate too significantly from what is known. Local informants suggest both are small in number.

As Prof Erikeller would remind me, the point of a field study is to take up the perspective of the group under study, to understand situations & issues through their eyes and frameworks. Mutual antagonism between the Allomancers and Feruchemists might prove a complicating factor. But we work with what we've got. This town is fairly remote but has been known for the distinctiveness of the Allomancer and Feruchemist subcultures present.

Seeking an informant to introduce me to the groups under study, esp. the Feruchemists. Perhaps Sart might be of help?

Hadrian gazed sadly from his window in Keep Penrod. There had apparently been some sort of mix-up with his invitations, because nobody was showing up to take advantage of his hospitality. Which put a bit of a stop to his plan to gain prestige by saving the allomancers of the city. Two of the people that had refused his invitations were doubly suspicious, for Hadrian had been unable to determine their names. Anyone so clandestine as to show up in Luthadel without making their identity public must obviously be a Feruchemist trying to hide their Terris origins. It didn't take a smart guy to pick up on that, but it was worth sticking with for now. Sart

Random guess: Szeth-Illwei not e-e because their vibes are too different. 

Speaking of guesses, I think it'd be worth looking at the usual Feruchemical roles and guessing what the elim team might have at their disposal. Probably worst case scenario is some kind of gold ferring. We've had Iron Ferring vote manips before. Zinc scanners are a thing. Feel free to spitball. 

Sart

Just now, Ookla the Paranormal said:

Speaking of guesses, I think it'd be worth looking at the usual Feruchemical roles and guessing what the elim team might have at their disposal. Probably worst case scenario is some kind of gold ferring. We've had Iron Ferring vote manips before. Zinc scanners are a thing. Feel free to spitball. 

Sart

unironically makes me think it's an Archer-Szeth team so lets see how this all plays out

2 minutes ago, Ooklil' the Wei said:

unironically makes me think it's an Archer-Szeth team so lets see how this all plays out

Or. It's an Illwei-Archer team. :P. I really thought I'd get called out for badly distancing with Araris, not Szeth, so that's interesting. 

3 hours ago, Ookla the Paranormal said:

Or. It's an Illwei-Archer team. :P. I really thought I'd get called out for badly distancing with Araris, not Szeth, so that's interesting. 

This honestly feels like an elim post. Being sardonic instead of providing a good defense is something I would do if I was an elim. Archer

3 hours ago, Ooklil' the Wei said:

That’s fair, but I really had nothing to do with that post. Do you think Archer would be a bad enough elim to make his first guess on a team member? I mean, maybe. But that’s like the opposite of distancing.

Edit: Help how do I fix my color tags

Edit 2: @Ookla the Pianist helppppp

Edit 3: oh wait they work now for some reason???????

what

Edited by Ookla the Confused

56 minutes ago, Ookla the Confused said:

The color thing

i saw that you were on

I got you. The tags don't work if they are bolded.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Paranormal said:

Um, wouldn't Szeth and Illwei have rather different vibes regardless? I'm not sure that anyone can vibe the same as Illwei, to be honest.

Edited by Ookla the Porched

2 hours ago, Ookla the Confused said:

This honestly feels like an elim post. Being sardonic instead of providing a good defense is something I would do if I was an elim. Archer

That’s fair, but I really had nothing to do with that post. Do you think Archer would be a bad enough elim to make his first guess on a team member? I mean, maybe. But that’s like the opposite of distancing.

Excuse me while I google a word real quick. :P. The point I was trying to make to Illwei was that you could frame it using the same logic as her and I are both evil teammates, and because v!Illwei knows we aren't, then the logic isn't great. That felt like the right level of response that the broadside merited. 

If I was an elim, my teammate would probably be Sart because I'd be playing the reverse physiology game to shrink the wagon on them by making it seem too easy. As a villager though I was more interested in seeing how Araris and Kas reacted, and I find it notable that Araris didn't at all. 

1 hour ago, Ookla the Porched said:

Um, wouldn't Szeth and Illwei have rather different vibes regardless? I'm not sure that anyone can vibe the same as Illwei, to be honest.

I disagree, because if they were in the elim doc gleefully scheming, the conversation would align their energies! Or maybe keeping up with two conversations was very draining for Illwei... hmmmm 

I said that mostly jokingly but now that I've written it, it's made me rethink my previous read there. 

aw man. that sart guy, definitely not to be trusted.

crud, i am that sart guy.

and someone else might be doing this dumb lowercase gimmick.

oh dear.

archer. what's with the bandwagon? i know araris does stab votes, but that seems out of character for you.

FIELD LOGS #0212-ACV

Brawnze [=Archer] does not seem to like Sart. Claims it was an experiment, but as he has not seemed to waver on the topic [=vote], perhaps it is more than that. No indication either way. Suspect those of Brawnze's inclinations have a tendency to be proactive, whether Feruchemist or not. I will have to keep my eyes open if I wish to make contact and study the Feruchemists as well. [=Archer has a deepwolf MO and is a proactive Villager so I have no opinion on whether this is an opportunistic vote or not. Akan datang.] Penrod [=Araris] is rumoured to have a killer poker face. Most attempts to elicit a reaction from him fail. Wonder what prompted the attempt.

A splinter Pathian sect in Elendel has records of previous groups -  Hemalurgic rather than Feruchemical, but all the same - capable of initiating new members. Perhaps there is only one Feruchemist and he is recruiting. The lack of knowledge and therefore the uncertainty makes it difficult to analyse the situation. Seems unlikely to me, but is not ruled out. Feruchemists after all can do strange things with Identity. Am primarily concerned with the way the local Feruchemist group behave as a subculture with their own cues and codes but question of their abilities v. the capabilities of the local Allomancers is a fascinating one. After all, Allomancy is more studied.

Does every Allomancer have an ability? Have any of them gone rogue, seeking to supplant the others? [=SK?] Unknown. Find it unlikely however at given prevalences.

Uncertain what to make of the doubled vote on Brawnze from Sart. Potential retaliatory element.

Unclear why Szeth points to Brawnze and says that it would be bad play for Feruchemists to identify their own from the start. Eiwlil known to act that way - cannot recall if Brawnze and Szeth have behaved similarly as teammates. 

Am wary of narrowing down on who the Feruchemists might be this early. Risk antagonising the local factions, and then I'll have to postpone the field study to yet another year, and deal with the paperwork from having to graduate at least a year later. Haven't heard from Mage yet, or DanexReva made a token presence, and - something about Szeth seems to set my teeth on edge. 

Is intuition alone sufficient to identify a Feruchemist?

11 hours ago, Ookla the Paranormal said:

If I was an elim, my teammate would probably be Sart because I'd be playing the reverse physiology game to shrink the wagon on them by making it seem too easy. As a villager though I was more interested in seeing how Araris and Kas reacted, and I find it notable that Araris didn't at all. What about Kas? He didn't react either...

I definitely agree with you about the vote being a way to potentially help Sart (although it's also risky, since attention can be deadly D1), but I'm not sure what sort of reactions you would expect from Kas and myself, or why they'd be alignment indicative. You should know that the pair of us can be fairly stubborn, and that you'd be unlikely to get a strong response from either of us. I don't like you singling me out for no reason, and am tempted to vote on you, but I still have reasons to leave my vote where it is.

@ookla the quantificational, what are your thoughts on Archer's vote on Sart, and then his comment (which I quoted above)? It would also be nice if @Mage and @Ookla of Anarchy and Chaos could comment on this, at least partly as a way to get you guys involved in the conversation. This game will likely be 3-4 cycles long, so we can't afford a lack of participation early on. I doubt there are any kill roles this game, but if there are, I'll echo my call from the last game to target any players that aren't voting/participating in discussion.

12 hours ago, Ookla the Confused said:

In what way?

My first take made me lean one way. When I found an equally compelling reason to lean the other way, which was the alternative interpretation, I ended up back in the neutral middle. 

8 hours ago, Ookla the Wyrmslayer said:

Suspect those of Brawnze's inclinations have a tendency to be proactive, whether Feruchemist or not.

...  something about Szeth seems to set my teeth on edge. 

You misspelled provocative. :P. 

They've been living up to their Ookla name so far. 

11 hours ago, ookla the lowercase said:

archer. what's with the bandwagon? i know araris does stab votes, but that seems out of character for you.

Maybe I'm trying to work my way up to an Araris-like reputation so I can get away with them. :(. Actually it was supposed to tell me about three people, and I haven't gotten elim reads off of any of them for it, so it was a bit of a flop. 

56 minutes ago, Ookla the Porched said:

but I still have reasons to leave my vote where it is

But I'll still sus this vague statement anyway. :P. 

But I'll plus one asking Danex for an opinion. I was going to vote on you just now, but I changed my mind and I'm still on the Sart train and craving validation. Thoughts?