Mat

The Allomancer walked down the streets of Luthadel, doing nothing in particular. It was a nice evening, despite the ongoing ashfall, and he thought he could do with a bite to eat. He pushed through the flood of people- why did it always seem like he walked against the flow?- with a bit of haste in his steps.

He rounded a corner speedily, and was forced to stop abruptly when he realized that there was another man in the way. "I apologize." he said politely, and was about to continue on his way when he noticed the man's peculiar metal arm bands. The Allomancer took an interest in all things metal, for obvious reasons. The Allomancer pointed at them. "May I ask what your bands are?"

The other man looked away. "No."

The Allomancer frowned. He wasn't used to reactions like that. He grabbed the stranger's arm in what he hoped was a comforting way. "Let me buy you dinner, friend." he said. No one could resist an offer like that.

Soon, after the two men became acquainted, the man explained that he was a Feruchemist and the Allomancer returned the favor of honesty by explaining his own Metallic Art. The men quickly became engrossed in a discussion over which ability was more useful, more extravagant, or more of anything else. The discussion turned into an argument. And the argument only increased in ferocity, fueled by the tempers of the two men.

They each went their separate ways after that night, but not after taking a vow. A vow to not rest until the superior Metallic Art was discovered.

Welcome to Long Game 82: Secrets Written in Metal! This is a game with a bit of a silly premise, but really I just want to have fun with the writeups :P I'll be the GM, and @Elandera will be the IM.

Signups are now open, and will run for just over a week, until Wednesday, December 1st, at 10am PST. The game will start just afterwards, and that will be the rollover time for the duration of the game (until my schedule inevitably changes).

This is a mostly blackout game. Play at your own risk, there are secrets :ph34r:

Here are the known rules:

Spoiler
  • Cycles are split into a 48 hour Day and a 24 hour Night.
  • There will be an execution each Day, with a 1 vote minimum. Tied votes will be decided by RNG.
  • PMs are closed.
  • The factions are the Allomancers (the village), and the Feruchemists (the eliminators).
    • The Allomancers win when all the Feruchemists are dead.
    • The Feruchemists win when they outnumber the Allomancers.
    • The Feruchemists have a doc to communicate, and a kill each Night.
  • Only alignments are revealed upon death.
  • There are secret rules.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Araris Valerian - Lord Hadrian Penrod
  2. @Illwei
  3. @Tani - Reva
  4. @Danex
  5. @Ookla the Confused (Szeth_Pancakes)
  6. @Mage
  7. @Sart
  8. @Ookla the Paranormal (Archer) - Brawnze
  9. @Ookla the Wyrmslayer (Kasimir) - Kiril Jerzy 

Spectators:

Quicklinks:

Edited by Elandera

Word of a feud between Allomancers and Feruchemists was spreading throughout the city. Hadrian wasn't quite sure how, given that the Terris people were rather passive, and that there were only rumors of a couple in Luthadel itself. Nonetheless, the conflict presented an excellent opportunity for a noble house on the rise. A short time later, Hadrian put the finishing touches on the last of several invitations:

Dear Illustrious Allomancer,

I'm sure you have heard that Feruchemists have contested the known fact that Allomancy is the superior Metallic Art. What you may not know is that the conflict appears to be escalating, and several notable Allomancers have been found dead. The Penrods assure you that our lineage extends back to the first Mistborn, and that it is firmly aligned with the interests of Allomancy. To this end, House Penrod extends the safety of its keep to you for the duration of the threat, along with the use of the Penrod ballroom for discussion and refreshment.

Sincerely,

Lord Hadrian Penrod

I'll be signing up as the man himself.

Just now, CRichardThrone said:
  Hide contents

I'm thinking of joining, though I'm a little worried I might be multi tabbing and that's not a good idea where I'm at.

I've never had to multitab a game, except to look at the playerlist while making a PM, which won't be a problem this game. I'm also not the most hardcore player, but I think it's relatively uncommon on SE.

18 minutes ago, The Unknown Aon said:

I've never had to multitab a game, except to look at the playerlist while making a PM, which won't be a problem this game. I'm also not the most hardcore player, but I think it's relatively uncommon on SE.

Hello Aon. I haven't played on this website before, though I've heard a little bit about how games are run here.

Edited by CRichardThrone
Removed fluff from 2nd sentence.

It's come to my attention (thanks Archer) that Ookla Season starts pretty soon, I think in two days. I GMd last year during Ookla Season, so it shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure when voting/unvoting etc to use the original name of the person you're referencing, and maybe if you do change your name go ahead and say in-thread. Makes life easier for me. Thanks!

19 minutes ago, CRichardThrone said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm thinking of joining, though I'm a little worried I might be multi tabbing and that's not a good idea where I'm at.

More the merrier! :P SE I think generally is less intense than other sites, with the games being a bit less rapid-fire, so I don't think you'll have to multi-tab (though that also is a playstyle thing). I'm biased, since I'd like as many players as possible, but I agree that I wouldn't be super concerned about this.

16 minutes ago, CRichardThrone said:

Hello Aon. I haven't played on this website before, though I've heard a little bit about how games are run here.

Hello, (btw, most people here call me TUO, TUA since my name change) I second what Mat said, most people post once or twice a day, with a decent number only posting once and several posting many times. 

16 minutes ago, The Unknown Aon said:

Hello, (btw, most people here call me TUO, TUA since my name change) I second what Mat said, most people post once or twice a day, with a decent number only posting once and several posting many times. 

Not that a larger post rate wouldn't be welcome :P.

39 minutes ago, The Unknown Aon said:

Hmm that's slow compared to where I come from regarding my homesite.

It isn't unusual for top posters to be in the hundreds of posts where I'm at.

Edited by CRichardThrone
Fixing a typo.

14 hours ago, CRichardThrone said:

Hmm that's slow compared to where I come from regarding my homesite.

It isn't unusual for top posters to be in the hundreds of posts where I'm at.

topposting here is probably in the 40s-50s depending on the type of game

we had one game earlier this year where 5 of us 100posted for a few days but that was...very different lol.

16 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

We like to strike a balance between enough content that @Kasimir can't chill, but everyone else is able to participate.

What happened to nice quiet RPful games :(

1 hour ago, Illwei said:

I was honestly under the impression that no content was enough to make Kas un-chill

>:(

1 hour ago, SeaDragonet said:

What exactly is a blackout game?

That just means a large portion of the rules are omitted from what you get to know. So you can see there the rules that you do know, but there are secret rules as well.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Confused said:

I am back and will join!!!!!!!!-!!/!/!/!/!/!!:!:!:!/!!/!/727!  Ppm

w hi by  inn. Iw

jj no Ian sたら、あ?たら、あ?

*checks profile*

Hey Szeth :P

Which reminds me of an additional SE Ookla rule: if you change your username, please don’t change your pfp.