Coppermind confirmation emails not received

Ixthos

Hi guys. So, despite still having a lot to do I decided to finally make a Coppermind user page, and make some adjustments to the Shard page - Harmony being lumped with the others was really bothering me. However, I was puzzled that i hadn't received an email about my account being created as some other sites had done, so I went to check. Long story short it seems I haven't been receiving the emails, and I did confirm I had typed my gmail account in correctly. Could anyone help clarify or resolve this issue?

Also, once my email is confirmed will I be able to create a user page? I still am stressed with what I have to do IRL and so neither of these issues should be a priority for me right now, but if anyone could help that would be appreciated :)

Hi there! Not sure what might be going on with the email confirmation; I just reset the email address on my account to test it, and got the confirmation email right way. It came as an email from [email protected] with the subject line "The Coppermind email address confirmation"--is there a chance it ended up in your spam folder or something like that?

Email confirmation I believe only effects your ability to receive email notifications for things on the Coppermind. Page creation rights are something we switched to handing out manually, in large part due to some issues with spam and also because what needs a page and what it should be named is something that's sometimes better to discuss in advance (most discussion these days happens on our Discord); I've given your account the permission.

Totally understand being busy IRL, but welcome to the Coppermind, we're always happy to have new editors around when they have time! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about things!

8 hours ago, Starwatcher said:

Hi there! Not sure what might be going on with the email confirmation; I just reset the email address on my account to test it, and got the confirmation email right way. It came as an email from [email protected] with the subject line "The Coppermind email address confirmation"--is there a chance it ended up in your spam folder or something like that?

Email confirmation I believe only effects your ability to receive email notifications for things on the Coppermind. Page creation rights are something we switched to handing out manually, in large part due to some issues with spam and also because what needs a page and what it should be named is something that's sometimes better to discuss in advance (most discussion these days happens on our Discord); I've given your account the permission.

Totally understand being busy IRL, but welcome to the Coppermind, we're always happy to have new editors around when they have time! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about things!

... I swear I checked my spam folder before this. Thank you, I found the confirmation email in the spam folder, I don't know how I missed it, though now it says the code is invalid. It does say it will expire on the 30th, so I'll wait until the start of next month and try registering my email again. Still, thank you, and thank you for adding me to the editors list! I'll be sure to contact you if I have further questions or if the issue persists, but until then thank you again and I hope the rest of your day and week are good ones!