Just to clarify, a tie in voting means no one gets lynched, right?

The town had been silent for a whole day, no doubt preparing for the oncoming siege. Or perhaps preparing to hasten it, as Unknown had heard. That had sown the first seeds of distrust and silence. Now, no one really knew whom to trust.

So, Unknown was making his way around the ghost town, knocking from door to door, building up rapport with the people. He only hoped it would pay off in the days to come.

EDIT:fixed colour

Edited by Mark IV

Signing up as Slart, a quiet hunter.

Who definitely isn't using white text under his breath.

Rowan says hello.

Well actually he doesn't. He probably just nods his head at Slart. Silent hunters and all.

And this is a bit off topic, but why are hunters always silent? Why aren't there ever any chatty hunters?

Rowan says hello.

Well actually he doesn't. He probably just nods his head at Slart. Silent hunters and all.

And this is a bit off topic, but why are hunters always silent? Why aren't there ever any chatty hunters?

Probably because a chatty hunter is an unsuccessful one. Then again, all you really need is good job-social life separation; chat in the taverns, shut up in the wild :P IDK, roll up a chatty hunter next time, then! ;)

Hey Almighty GM Meta! :P I have two questions, more pertaining to your GMing preferences.

1. Would you like us to include you in all PMs sent?

2. Would you like us to green out votes in the original post as well (i.e. you're counting first red vote, rather than last?)

Thanks! :)

Hey Almighty GM Meta! :P I have two questions, more pertaining to your GMing preferences.

1. Would you like us to include you in all PMs sent?

2. Would you like us to green out votes in the original post as well (i.e. you're counting first red vote, rather than last?)

Thanks! :)

I think you were the one to ask me about the first one in the last AG, Kas! :P I would like to be included in all PMs. This way, I can be sure that there are no infractions and I can handle any issues that pop up before they have a chance to become larger issues. 

I guess I never really saw how reading the 'first red vote' thing helps much in the first place. When I'm tallying votes, I'll start at the beginning of a turn and just record votes as I go. So if you switched your vote, all it means to me is that I replace your previous vote with the new one. So no, you don't have to worry about going and switching your previous votes to green. 

I will say this though, you do have to retract your previous vote though. You can do this in the same post that you're creating the new vote though; you don't have to go back and find your previous votes. If you have one red vote and then you vote for someone else without retracting, I will take the first red vote.

Just to get this out there, but if I do not take active part in a discussion, it will most probably be because I live in a completely different time zone. However, I will post my posts at time like right now, and those will most probably contain the bulk of what I have to say.

But, I'll try to participate as much as I can (or as much as I need to).

Best of luck for the AG everyone, and may the odds be ever in your favour.

Edited by Mark IV

So some questions:

- The Smoker: He may choose a target each cycle. While burning copper, you and any target you may have are unaffected by emotional alomancy and are invisible to Seekers. Is that how the ability works? Do you burn by default? If you stop burning, do you have to specify when you want to start again?

- Can there be multiple Tineyes?

- To the people who have played this once or twice before have any advice for us first timers? Don't trust Claincy would have been relevant if he was playing, but he's not this time. I'm imagining PM safety is quite an important thing. I think it got the village in a bad place previously in the AG, and I don't think people have learnt their lesson yet - I understand that Burnt managed to get quite a few role claims in LG15. And remember that just because your role isn't as important as another, that doesn't make it safe to reveal it, as it'll help narrow down the other roles. Unless someone has been confirmed by a Seeker, analyse a players actions with the question Would this help them if they were an eliminator?' Paranoia is your friend.

So some questions:

- The Smoker: He may choose a target each cycle. While burning copper, you and any target you may have are unaffected by emotional alomancy and are invisible to Seekers. Is that how the ability works? Do you burn by default? If you stop burning, do you have to specify when you want to start again?

- Can there be multiple Tineyes?

- To the people who have played this once or twice before have any advice for us first timers? Don't trust Claincy would have been relevant if he was playing, but he's not this time. I'm imagining PM safety is quite an important thing. I think it got the village in a bad place previously in the AG, and I don't think people have learnt their lesson yet - I understand that Burnt managed to get quite a few role claims in LG15. And remember that just because your role isn't as important as another, that doesn't make it safe to reveal it, as it'll help narrow down the other roles. Unless someone has been confirmed by a Seeker, analyse a players actions with the question Would this help them if they were an eliminator?' Paranoia is your friend.

- You're correct. Any Seeker looking at a Smoker with their Coppercloud on (or the Smoker's target) will get something along the lines of "Undetected" or "Undefined" as their result. They'll be able to tell that the person is under the effect of a Coppercloud, but that's about it. Any Smokers burn by default. They have to send in as an action each Night if they want to turn their cloud off. If they do not send in an action, they only wind up affecting themselves though. 

- Can there? Sure. There can be duplicates of any of the roles. Should you count on it? Definitely not. Ask people that played about my QF and whether or not trying to guess what I'll do for role distribution is a good idea. B)

- Try to win? :P

We're getting close! Only a few more hours to go! I hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas, because in less than 12hrs, it's about to be a bloody one! :D

Edited by Metacognition

El sighed, staring intently at the two leaves, trying to find even the minutest difference. She held them up to the light streaming in from the window. Was the left one a little darker? She couldn't tell.

Her focus was interrupted by the ringing of the bell downstairs, but she frowned and just concentrated harder. Kassien would call if he wanted her.

Then she heard a muffled thud from outside the window. What now?

She peered cautiously out of the window into the alley. Looking straight down, she saw a man she didn't recognize lying on the ground, apparently unconscious. A cloaked figure was just vanishing around the corner onto the street.

As El watched, the man stirred and began looking around in confusion. El couldn't hear his words, but his attitude was clear. He rubbed at his forehead, which was definitely at least bruised. El nearly went to call Kassien, but the man got up and stumbled out of the alley under her own power.

With a sigh, El returned to her desk as the bell tinkled again, letting whoever-it-had been out. If she wasn't going to eat until she figured out which one was poisonous (and ate the other one), she'd better get started. She was already hungry, in fact.

After much debate with myself, I'm signing up as El. This character is the illusionist who creates the story. Thus, entirely RP. If I help, it'll be in that context. I didn't mean for this character to be for the AG, but it turned out that way, and it's kind of perfect.

On with the game!

EDIT: When I said I'm an illusionist, that did not pertain to El. I'm RPing as one of the characters from my novels. In that novel, he is an illusionist. Here, he is RPing as El, an apprentice apothecarist. RP within RP! See here for a more detailed explanation.

Edited by Elbereth

I've been going back and forth on whether to join this game. I want to try playing again, and I want to play the AG since I missed the last one. But I'm not sure I can be super active the whole time. I've decided to give it a shot since I should have time for most of the game. I just might not be able to be very active at first or at the end if the game goes long.

I'll sign up as Lu, town busybody.

Coinshot: The Coinshot does what they do best. They push metals around; specifically into other people's bodies. Once per night, the Coinshot can target a person for death. Unless otherwise disrupted, that person dies.

Lurcher: Where the Coinshot pushes, the Lurcher pulls. Once per night the Lurcher can target someone and that person will be saved from death.

1) Is the Coinshot kill differentiable from the Spiked kill in the writeup?

2) Does the Lurcher protect from spiked kill too?

3) Just to be clear, but there is no protection from lynching, right?

1) Yes.  Past times the Spiked have used a knife or axe or other bladed weapon while Coinshots use coins.

2) Yes.  Though sadly two Lurchers protecting one person doesn't end with the target ripped in half. (I asked this in my first game.  Still think it would be funny to have happen.)

3) Thugs can survive one lynch as long as they haven't already been attacked/lynched but that's it.

1) The Spiked kill will be obvious from a Coinshot kill, but there won't be a difference between a Coinshot kill and a Mistborn who draws Steel.

2) The Lurcher can protect from the Spiked kill, a Coinshot kill, or a Mistborn who has Steel kill. While it should be obvious due to the fact that it can only be activated at night, it cannot protect from the lynch.

3) The only ability that can save someone from the lynch is the Thug's ability to survive an extra kill attempt. The lynch is considered a kill attempt in that regard. 

Edit: Ninja'd on my own rules. :P

Edited by Metacognition

One last thing, (I know. I'm full of doubts)

Does the Lurcher protect from all kills made on the person, or just one?

I.e. if a player is attacked by both spiked and Coinshot, does the Lurcher protect from both kills at the same time, or just one?

Edited by Mark IV

One last thing, (I know. I'm full of doubts)

Does the Lurcher protect from all kills made on the person, or just one?

I.e. if a player is attacked by both spiked and Coinshot, does the Lurcher protect from both kill at the same time, or just one?

Just one. The Lurcher effectively negates a single kill attempt at Night. So, to protect against more than one attack would take multiple Lurchers or Mistborns with Iron. 

The bell tinkled as Teys let himself out.

Kassien stood there a moment longer, just thinking.

A band of koloss, Kassien thought, shaking his head. There had been a veiled threat in Teys's words, too. If you don't stay, I'll force you to. He hadn't liked that. Couldn't blame someone for trying to save their own life. You didn't stop koloss, no matter what Teys said. You just tried to get out of their way.

Sure, Luthadel could hold out against a siege of koloss, if well-defended, but it was the only city that was walled. Tyrian Falls was a small town on a major trade-route, but no other city in the Final Empire was permitted walls, much less Tyrian Falls. They had metals, but for all Allomancy was a force-multiplier, he just didn't know if it would be enough.

He wondered how much of that conversation El had overheard. After all, he'd tasked her with examining the differences between arrowroot and blackleaf. A good apprentice, he thought: a little distracted, but then, no one was perfect. He briefly toyed with the idea of keeping it from her, but discarded it almost immediately. He wasn't going to let Teys force her into anything. And if El chose to stay in Tyrian Falls, then she had to know what was coming. Anything else would be doing her a disservice.

He pulled open the drawer. The letter from Eren was still there; still tucked neatly in its envelope and set at the very bottom of a stack of correspondence from fellow apothecaries, friends, and the occasional alchemist and physician.

He'd need to change his will, Kassien decided. Eren had long finished his apprenticeship and was travelling; the last thing he needed was to be tied down to an apothecary in Tyrian Falls. El, on the other hand...

If he was dead, Kassien thought, it was at least something he could give her. He made a mental note to do so, added it to his list of things that needed doing, and returned to sorting out the ingredients.

As El's edit clarifies, within the game, she's RPing as Kassien's apprentice, rather than an illusionist. Also, I just wanted to get one more RP in for the road ;)

Night 1: One Horse Open Slay

-15 days earlier-

Slart stalked through the sparse trees, tracking his prey; a deer. The day was clear and bright as the sun reflected off the snow. Slart had been patient. He’d been stalking this deer for the past few days and his rations were starting to run low. But a deer would not only give him plenty of meat, but he’d be able to sell whatever he wouldn’t use in town for a couple boxings and other supplies.

He followed the tracks as they crested a small hill, creeping as silently as possible. When he reached the top, he peeked over to get an idea of his surroundings. He’d didn’t do more than glance before he stood up abruptly, all cares of hiding gone.

The clearing below was a bloodbath. The snow was dyed red in a 3 meter radius from the middle. Pieces of fur, antler and hooves were scattered all about and intestines hung from low hanging branches. Something had gotten to his prey before he did and then, it seemed, they had made it explode. What type of beast had the power to do such a thing?

Still as silent as ever, he made his way down to the edge of the carnage. He circled about it, looking for clues and signs. He stopped when he found a footprint in the snow. It was vaguely human shaped, but far larger. Either he had just found bigfoot or he had a pretty good idea at what had been here….

Koloss. He shivered slightly and it had nothing to do with the cold. Where there was one Koloss, there would be others. He followed the set of prints with his eyes off into the distance. If the monster had kept going in a straight line, then it was headed in the general direction of the Village….

The snow mixed with the ash on the ground until everything was coated in a dull gray. The sun set and the mists appeared, adding to the monotone coloring scheme. Even if the people of Tyrian Falls believed in the new Survivor belief that was circling around, going out at night would’ve been dangerous as is. Thus many stayed in their homes.

Lippen sat in her rocking chair, her needles clacking together as she made another set of scarves and mittens to help keep people warm. Inor was putting the finishing touches on the stuffed remains of one of Sean Conrad’s pets. Inor didn’t know why he would want it stuffed, but the nobleman paid well and it gave Inor a chance to partake in his hobby. Kane visited his greenhouse as he tried to coax a little life into his plants with his soft and gentle voice. He had heard somewhere that flowers responded well to that. Edrab penned the next few pages of his book.

Many stayed in their homes… but not all….

Clara Lepinceau had fallen on tough times. She’d been forced to leave the safety and sanctuary of Luthadel after the Lord Ruler’s untimely death. Of course, when one was immortal, the only kind of death that they could have would be an untimely one. While many would’ve claimed that Clara was no longer nobility, she just would not accept it. So she had moved away from the center of the universe and the chaos and settled here in Tyrian Falls. She had a mansion on the far side (along with a few other people of higher class and station) and while it was no Keep, like those that the Great Houses kept, it was good enough to convey to everyone that she was not part of the rabble.

She was headed back to that very mansion when disaster struck. Due to the weather and Gidomara Grae’s expert procrastination, carriages were incapable of getting through the streets with all the snow. Thus her carriage had been converted into a sleigh and the poor workhorse had to tough its way through. She was passing through the center of town when they struck.

All she heard was a loud thunk, followed by a more meaty squelch. Her coach coasted forward of it’s own volition for a second before it hit something solid, ramped over it and was sent airborne. She was thrown about in the cab and she cracked her head when she and the carriage crashed back to the ground, the carriage resting on its side. She passed out almost immediately.

Alexander Venture had seen it all. It was too bad he wouldn’t be able to tell anyone. He had been huddled up under the overhang of one of the buildings bordering the square, trying to wrap himself in layers to keep warm. As the sleigh neared the center, two crossbow bolts had flown out of the darkness; one aimed at Clara’s unfortunate driver and another for the horse. Both were killed instantly. The sleigh had then hit and ramped the horse’s body before crashing back to the ground.

Alexander had never been much of a brave man and he wasn’t about to start now. As a few cloaked figures entered the square, he took the opportunity to run.

It was Riew that happened upon the grisly scene, while he was making a late night run. It was he who helped Clara from the carriage and got her to the inn to warm up. It was he who found the ugly omen written in blood in the snow. It just said:

“Don’t bother running. You’re all going to die here.”

And the Game begins! :D Best of luck to you all and let’s see if the Village is actually cursed!

Remember, we start on a Night turn, you everyone has 24 hours to get in your actions. Roles are being sent out as you read this. If you do not receive a role PM, please let me know.

Edit: All roles should be sent out now. Also, since I forgot, yes there is a Tineye, so PMs are open for use. Please remember to include me in any PMs you make!

red_1451192340.png

Current Player List

Edited by Alvron