All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. main plot

"No fair! You're cheating!" Dawn yelled. "Am not!" Brethren retorted. "Tapping is perfectly legal, right Free?" "It hasn't been made against the rules. Yet," Unity said. "Actually, it has been," Compile piped up. "as of two days ago. The Rules of Racing, Part 17, Article 4: The use of Investiture hereby disqualifies one from winning." "Why are we arguing over this?" Unity asked. "Because we're us. First one to the hangar wins!" Precious called. The sound of retreating footsteps carried down the hallway towards Crow. @ApatheticTeenager
  3. Reason 2(3.14): That big red button had caused the rocket thrusters underneath the empire to ignite.
  4. I've heard a lot of discourse over which of these is actually going to end up being a thing, but never how much each one is shipped. What is your favorite pair?
  5. Nalthis Round - Wave 2 Storm it all to Ashyn. I just realised I messed something up fairly royally. But you'll find out what eventually. Puzzle 4: Turning Test Puzzle 5: Vertigo
  6. SING PRAAAAAAISE HALLELUJAH!
  7. main plot

Who's gaurd?
  8. I don't know, from what I've seen, their games, though acclaimed for their lore, center themselves too much around gameplay and too little around story. I for one, wouldn't like a boss rush with the story being item descriptions and 30-second cutscenes every five hours. Not if we're talking about a Sanderson adaptation.
  9. Reason 0: Someone had pressed the big red button of doom.
  10. If EA was making it, then the game would be a disaster. Honestly, the games industry is changing a lot, and I’m not sure who I’d want to make Sanderson’s books into games. Also, I think the book-based games would be more difficult to make appeal to the mainstream. Most studios would see it as taking a huge chance.
  11. Hey, could I get a copy? Thanks!
  12. Reason 7: The oceans were drying up, making them much higher above sea level than before.
  13. Correct. I was not requesting to sub.
  14. The Aforementioned Reason 5.23859487247934571 (Which Alcatraz's proximity made come after 6, obviously): They were not throwing away their shot. (Their poor counting ability was due to the regular interruptions of their childhood education regimes by large hurricanes. As such, they learned to sing and to dance surprisingly modern looking hip hop numbers, but never to do math. Hopefully, none of them will ever get a job working with money or anything like that. That'd be bad.)
  15. Reason 6: Alcatraz was there.
  16. Reason 4.7689: They weren't sure how to count and included every decimal point out there, even 7.000000000000000009 and 5.23859487247934571.
  17. It'll be okay. Like you told Zelly, just keep putting one step in front of the other. Things will get better. *hugs*
  18. I'm not. Cadmium Compounder. We always need to generate lynch discussion. Yes, we want to prevent the all lose scenario of the Krell winning, but we can't afford to ignore the Gunners.
  19. Today
  20. I’ve always imagined Taln as Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime.
  21. Four thousand?! That's amazing. Congratulations! I don't have any funny questions for you (sorry to disappoint) but I do have a random one that I thought of a while ago but haven't had a good opportunity to ask anyone until now. I'm asking based on the assumption that you've read a foreign language copy of a Sanderson book at some point. (If you haven't, just ignore this.) Anyway, Brandon likes taking ordinary words and turning them into names or magical terms. Usually, when a book is translated, names aren't changed unless they're problematic. But do you know if the same holds true for words Sanderson has hijacked? For example, is the Shard Honour still called that, or is it altered? What about investiture? I don't know why I'm thinking about this stuff, but now that I am, I'm super curious what editorial decisions get made during the translation process.
  22. We aren't super strict about this, especially since submissions are already staggered by nature with many of us in different time zones. Also, you can critique the following Saturday/Sunday if you prefer, and you'll even still be within that week's submission cycle! There's certainly no expectation that we respond to critiques as soon as they come out.
  23. main plot

Edahs hesitated. Maybe? he thought. It certaintly felt familiar, like some trace of his old power was resident in this new being. Unable to decide, he continued making his way towards the Plasmacore building, making slight inquisitive explorations into the mind that had spoken to him. @ApatheticTeenager
  24. Keep in mind that Radiants can also be actively feeding stormlight to the plates while within, kinda like a passive regeneration effect that allows prolonged use, but they also lose potential investiture to bind with. IIRC Kal notes a loss of stormlight after the fight.
  25. Keep in mind that Radiants can also be actively feeding stormlight to the plates while within, kinda like a passive regeneration effect that allows prolonged use, but they also lose potential investiture to bind with. IIRC Kal notes a loss of stormlight after the fight.
  26. Who? What? Where? When? Why? How? 4 or 76? Playing a game of chess against one another, who would win: Kelsier or Dalinar? Playing a game of checkers against one another, who would win: Spook or Pattern? Do you use a needle threader? Or, better question, how do they even work? Why was it invented? Who wasted their time coming up with an invention that's such a bother to figure out how to use properly? (Those things that keep me up at night... ) And finally, want a cookie? (Hemalurgy-free, TUBA certified)
  27. I always thought of a gyro when I heard of chouta, and I love conversations like this where we get a little glimpse into other people’s envisaging of Brandon’s stories. Always Interesting.
  1. Load more activity