All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. This is an interesting idea. But I do not think Szeth would ascend to honor. Don't Honorspren really dislike Highspren? One idea I have for this is because the Highspren use rules and an excuse to do anything, and the Honorspren (the spren most connected to Honor) don't see anything particularly honorable about that, other than an excuse to commit injustices a lot of times. Szeth was able to become a Skybreaker because of his devotion to the law as he saw it, which made him do many dishonorable things, and he is now bonded to a highspren. Thanks for having this moved to the correct forum! The thing that makes me think that Odium is not the Broken one is the deathrattle that says: I don't see Todium saying this, to be honest. I could see Kaladin possibly saying this. But I don't know. I have a suspicion that whoever says this will eventually be the one who rules based on the other deathrattle. I also feel that the entire arc of the cosmere is moving towards Adonalsium being restored*, with the shards on Roshar uniting, and then all the remaining vessels trying to unite with as many other shards as possible. And a distinct possibility that Hoid is trying to manipulate the vessels to do this for some reason (selfishly to take the combined shards for himself or as a way of fixing what he did in the past). *or at least the shards starting to unite again; each shard is sort of crazy on its own and only together would they do things correctly
  3. I would bet that there are ways around it, though they may not be extremely easy to find at first. Whatever allows Kandra and Mistwraiths to shape shift also makes them immune to these mutations. Additionally, with a better knowledge of the Spiritweb, what specific pieces you want to take in an attribute spike, and Bindpoints in general, it may be possible to channel the changes into smaller, yet actually beneficial changes, such as an iron spike giving you a little more muscle mass or bone density but leaving you human. This could be made easier to find through SR hacks and computers, but if it does happen it probably won't be till era 4.
  4. I think Szeth as Honor might be one of the most terrifying Honor's Vessels you can imagine. Blind obedience and mental instability combined with severe punishment for every crime committed is not a good interpretation of Honor. But Szeth is on his way to change as a Skybreaker so he might be able to better judge what's good or bad. Yet I still can't imagine Szeth-Honor as a good ending. He might be even more dangerous than Odium. Keep in mind, Vessels do impact the way Shardic intent is manifested, Szeth will have a massive influence over what Honor is about.
  5. Ohhh, I like this! Yes, it makes sense in that context.
  6. Interesting. I hadn't been looking for alternative interpretations, but if we start looking for an individual carrying burdens of nine entities, it could be Taln carrying the burdens of the other Heralds, it could be the champion of nine shadows, it could be a successor to the Nine Fused that form a council. Madness could be associated with them all. The wording though... the Almighty is the Vorin term for Honor, right? Dalinar believes the Almighty to be dead, or that the being originally thought to be the Almighty wasn't and that there is something beyond Honor. I'm not sure if we have enough info on Taln's belief system or the exact mechanism of Death Rattles to know if this is being filtered through Connection or something similar. Is it really the Almighty they call to or is it "Oh, <insert relevant diety>, release me"? That said, we don't have any particular metric to estimate the probable accuracy of the Death Rattles compared to other forms of future sight, including Renarin's vision of his own death and Dalinar's fall. It's not guaranteed that all of them will be fulfilled, so it wouldn't surprise me if this Death Rattle predicted the same event as Renarin's vision... with similar uncertainty on if Dalinar completely dodged it.
  7. Today
  8. Did Adonalsium ever had the Vessel, or was it just investiture that gained sentience on its own, Vesselless? We don't know. Hoid seems to be the type that does not want to hold that kind of power - he rejected an offer to become a Shard during the Shattering, I don't think he will become Adonalsium if it needs a Vessel. I personally believe Adonalsium was without any Vessel. I see Cosmere going in either of two paths - reformation of Adonalsium, or Splintering Shard to even smaller pieces, so no mortal would ever be able to hold powers of gods in their hands. Reformation of Adonalsium seems like a too obvious thing to end up this way and I certainly don't want to see Hoid wielding the power of all 16 Shards combined.
  9. I can agree with that - though my response that you quoted was not about Full Feruchemists - it was about "why feruchemy, an art that is balanced between Ruin and Preservation (you Ruin yourself to Preserve an attribute, afterall), wasn't "given/created" by Preservation alone." So, if Feruchemy is the natural pathway of investiture for a World created by Ruin and Preservation together, and that pathway is genetic (due to the same) then Ferrings would be the naturally occuring Manifestation of Investiture. My current theory (headcanon), pending more information, is that the Hero 1024 years before Alendi used the power of the Well to "upgrade" Terris from Ferrings to Full Feruchemists (which still has holes, even though we know Rashek made himself Mistborn that way does not mean another hero could have done the same with Feruchemy or to other people, but may have been possible by tweaking Teris sDNA rather than a direct Investing of power). The natural Terris insularity would reinforce that trait and prevent it from spreading across the northern continent. And we all know what happens next.
  10. I guess they just need to touch. Just like Antimatter needs to just touch matter it will interact and annihilate. However Brandon did state that physical form of investiture is more resilient to gaseous anti-investiture. But also that trying to ingest solid anti-investiture would be like pouring molten metal into your mouth - it would destroy your soul. So we don't know in the end. I would say touching is enough if both investiture and anti-investiture are in the same state, or anti-investiture is in the denser state. Well, we've seen Dor outside of Sel and it's a liquid.
  11. Well, there is that issue that apparently Attribute Hemalurgy causes rather awful physical effects (see Chimeras or Kolloss), which is seemingly innate part of Hemalurgy. Since Set don't use any attribute spikes, this limitation seems to hold still, and even with Autonomy they were unable to circumvent it. So these 'chip' spikes would give you the attribute...and mutate you horribly. Of course it is possible that in future they will figure out a way around it, however I would not bet on it.
  12. Blame someone else on it and run away to Bermuda. Do you like stomping on ants?
  13. Cycles, when you think about it Mistborn has some interesting parallels with Dark Souls. A constant cycle to hold back the dark, power needing to coalesce in one place to achieve this delayal, the 'good' god sacrificing himself to ensure the world continued. The only thing we're missing is a few cryptic serpents trying to manipulate things and we're set. Edit: Heck, we even have that one guy who shows up everywhere, even entirely different worlds! I can't agree with that personally, I don't think the Terris had access to naturally occurring Full Feruchemists, the Southern Scadrians didn't have them only Ferrings, the Full Feruchemists originated from just the Terris. Like how Mistborn originated from the ancient kings that burned Lerasium. That cannot be explained as a coincidental 'Scadrian Magic Physics thing', because then why were Mistborn non-existent before Lerasium? The pieces fit a different picture there, an intentionally designed one.
  14. "ok. i take it i missed something majer down here..." roy said awkwardly
  15. It would be interesting to read about it, but I think that's too far in the past to be influential to SA5-10. Right now Shallan might be on her way to free BAM in KoWT and this would not matter that much in the backhalf books. What I think will happen is that KoWT will end in peace or some kind of ceasefire and the prologue of SA5-10 will be about the event that restarted the conflict and brought it to another devastating level. But that’s too obvious so who knows.
  16. I don't think he needed Preservation for that. Realmatic Theory was a part of ancient Terris religion. Kwaan was able to travel to CR and that alone is enough to realize how metal looks for an entity watching it from outside of PR. It glows. If it glows in CR it means that it can't be read. Even Kelsier in SH immediately realized that metal and souls are the same thing. This is simple enough for Kwaan to reach that conclusion as well, especially if he knew about both Preservation and Ruin and their true nature, just like the First Generation of Kandra knew that (admittedly some of that might have come from Rashek after Ascension, but I think it's clear that ancient Terris was still aware of Ruin). Cosmere spoilers:
  17. I think aluminum around the stomach might interfere with your Allomancy, especially steel and iron as those come from that area. What about small watch like primer cubes charged with A-copper? You just turn it on and off when you need it and it won't mess your Allomancy.
  18. This table literally differentiates between pure Atium and its alloys. And you just ignored the WoB I've given to you which quite definitely prove that what Elend experienced IS the same effect pure Atium gives you and that the table IS talking about the real pure Atium effect. That was already after the retcon happened, Peter clearly stated that it is older than people assume in that WoB. Did you even read it?
  19. After reading Secret History, I’m convinced Kwaan’s knowledge that Shards can’t read metal comes from Preservation Himself, as part of the plot to put Rashek into position to be that cycle’s Ascendant. We know Kwaan has some knowledge of the Cognitive Realm, because he was researching if trees could think. However, there’s nothing in-text or WoB that suggest there were worldhoppers among the Worldbringers, much less Kwaan himself. We don’t even know any history about the Pits of Hathsin and worldhopping to Scadrial, apart from our knowledge on Preservation’s initial creation of the Pits and its history during the Final Empire. I think Preservation gave Kwaan visions of the Cognitive Realm, of the fact metal glows to Shards and thus can’t be altered by Ruin (who can’t read the thoughts that Pres could use as a loophole). If not this, I think Preservation created Kwaan’s photographic memory for the aforementioned purpose of eventually nudging Rashek into position. Kwaan then just kept paying attention to his metal tablets, constantly watching for interference from Ruin. Then he made the final tablet once certain Ruin never altered a word.
  20. Thank you for your kind words, it's much appreciated! Thank you! Blue color is sometimes hard to play with, but I love designing dresses for Syl. Kaladin get a simpler outfit this time Thanks!! Thank you~!! Thank you!
  21. Oh woops, my bad. In that case I have no idea what the next 'Prologue Event' could be. I kind of doubt it'll be another assassination since Brandon wouldn't just repeat the same thing in the same series. It would make more sense to have this take place closer to the Back Half of Stormlight than right after Stormlight 5, though the Assassination of Gavilar took place about 6 years before TWoK so really it could be anytime between Stormlight 5 and 6.
  1. Load more activity