All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. Rob had been prepared. He had underestimated how far she would get before slipping. Putting a foot backwards to steady himself she suddenly stumbled forwards into him. Using one hand to grab the railing, Rob made sure he didn’t also slip, acting like a little wall to prevent her from falling all the way down. Putting his other hand on her shoulder he tried to push her upright again. He looked down. They were on almost the last steps anyway. “Almost there,” He said, stepping a little back.
  3. Shana gripped the handrail with both hands and slowly started to descend the stairs. She took her time, reached out for his shoulder now and then to catch her balance, made a short break, when she felt like her legs would stop working. Ben had been right, she should have stayed in her bed, but going back up was no option. It was on the last steps, that her foot slipped and her arm wasn't strong enough to keep her upright. Unceremoniously she stumbled down, into Rob.
  4. Seein this in approx. 14 hours. HYPE
  5. I audible all day everyday at work, Theres nothing better then listening to a Sanderson classic while cutting up a few thousand sheep. But I need a break from time to time to give my spheres time to restore its stormlight. Does anyone have any great non sanderson audiobook recommendations? Preferably something longer or a box set. Outside of Sanderson and the fantasy genre I like post apocalyptic, drama, mystery and straight up savageness. Here are a few books I have enjoyed recently to give you an idea of my taste. The Undead World 1-7 - Peter Meredith (Hands down best zombie apocalypse story ever) Mountain Man Trilogy - Keith C Blackmore (Booze, guns, zombies and more Booze) Dodge & Twist - Tony Lee (A sequel to Oliver Twist. Great book gives Oliver Twist the dramatic and shocking ending it has always deserved) The Potato Factory Trilogy - Bryce Courtenay (The only book I have ever read that made me genuinely boil my eyes in both grief and joy at the same time. By far my favourite book of all time *Apart from The Stormlight Archive* If you haven't read these books go and get them ASAP)
  6. Today
  7. “It’s not.” Rob said and then descended several steps, then looked up at her. “Okay, now even if you fall, you won’t plummet down the stairs, because I’ll block you.”
  8. Althea turned into the direction Devaan wasn't facing, her back to Max. The tunnel made it easier, you only needed to cover two directions. There always the chance of an invisible attacker, or someone walking through Shadesmar, but still, it would be stupid to not cover their back while they waited for a reaction.
  9. Shana followed him out of the room, closed the door behind her. She took a steadying breath and walked to the stairs. They weren't long. She could do this. She had to. "Do you need help?" Rob asked and she wanted to shake her head, to tell him, that she could make it down safely on her own, but she wasn't sure about the safely part. "Only if it's not too much effort on your part."
  10. 332. Stay at home and don't open your door. Especially if a wizard, dwarfs, a weird old man or whoever knocks on your door in the middle of the night. Just turn around and continue sleeping.
  11. Max smiled. “Definitely. What do you think I’ve been doing this past year?” Besides, he has one nicrosilmind that was almost empty anyway, he could probably use the rest of it up. Extending his hands outwards, Max concentrated, Rioting tiredness, fatigue, and sadness. The sadness was so they’d be able to hear Frob. He extended the Riot in all directions, making sure to exclude the people around him. He tapped his Nicrosilminds more, enhancing the Riot, flaring it more and more. Slowly he was approaching a level of power close to Oasis, but not quite. He didn’t want to slip, lose control. @Gancho Libre
  12. "Whatever it wanted, it seemed either desperate enough to attack another spirit, or smart enough to try and pick us off, going for the healers first." Mutig looked around, then felt something at his side. One glance told him enough, the thing had scored a good hit on his ribs when he had burst in. He casually moved to the side, looking towards Thorstein, while hiding his ribs. We can worry about that later, but I won't be making that mistake twice. "Thanks for showing up when you did."
  13. “I guess so,” Rob said, moving out of his room, towards the stairs. He looked back at her. “Do you need help?”
  14. era 3

"I can't promise you that. It won't be safe. It never is, when you spy, when you betray." Mike felt cold, stared at his notebook, then looked up at Bella and smiled. "I'll try."
  15. "No." She was sure the stairs would pose a problem, but she wanted to go downstairs and so she would. "But I don't want to be alone in my room. I'm not good at being alone." She begged him with her eyes to not tell her to go back into her room, to simply let her try. The worst thing to happen was her falling down the stairs. "I can sit down there, listen to everbody talking and laughing. I can even sleep in a corner."
  16. "That'll use up a lot of your stores. Can you handle it?" Devaan asked. He's gotten stronger. His rioting is a force to be reckoned with. I haven't seen him pinpoint fatigue someone yet, but I doubt he wouldn't be able to do it with enough force to knock someone out. There's also the Oasis incident Yeah.
  17. Max paused. It’s just one person, he said. And an evil one at that. I promise, no losing control.
  18. “I can Riot,” Max said. “If I do it enough, it should be enough to make some sort of reaction. If I Riot sadness, and then push it in all directions - minus you guys, of course, all we have to look for is someone weeping.”
  19. "It will be hard to impossible to follow his footsteps with the water in the tunnel." Althea mused and looked along the tunnel. "I think Max rioting is our best option. Or we really have to start searching every little piece of rock down here." "The downside of the rioting is, that they might be able to flee before we arrive there." Do you really want to do this? We can always do this the old fashioned way. Max was strong enough to incapacitate them with his rioting, but she'd never suggest he'd do it again. Not after the last time.
  20. Rob froze, looking to her. If he ever needed to talk to someone, she said she was there. To help him? Today had been a weird day. People asking how he was, people offering themselves if he needed to talk to someone, compliments. But he needed to make sure, not to give in to everything. Like his father taught him, a real man didn’t need others. Right? But still, it was nice. “I... appreciate it,” Rob said. “No one has ever said that to me before.” He looked at her leaning against the wall, like he was, but his legs weren’t shaking like hers. “Are you sure you’ll be able to go down the stairs?” He asked, moving to the doorway of his room.
  21. I actually disagree with this. Jasnah is a queen. No matter how brilliant or powerful she is, she will need other powerful people to help uphold and secure her rule. (as exemplified by how much time Adolin, Navani, Jasnah, Kaladin and even Shallan have spent protecting Dalinar in the first 3 books) Having a romantic relationship with Jasnah that any more official than "occasional booty call" would necessarily land Kaladin a full-time job as a de facto agent of the crown sworn to advance the Queen's interests. This would make Kaladin's relationship to Jasnah essentially the same as his realationship to Dalinar and Bridge 4 as the charge he must protect and serve. Essentially Kaladin is in the process of learning work-life balance and how to have a life outside of his work and becoming the consort to the Queen is the exact opposite direction from where he needs to go. Tib P.S. When I said that Kaladin needs someone who doesn't need his protection I think this only works if it is someone who is just not regularly in danger as everyone else in his life is.
  22. "No. Or if it did, I didn't listen." Amara helped Lilia back to her feet. "It simply was there, attacking us, but it tried to trap me, not to kill immediatly."
  23. "Fantastic. Now how do we find Frob? We know he's somewhere down here, but we don't know where. So unless anyone can track him him through these tunnels, we'll have to just walk in a random direction and hope for the best."
  24. "Max and I can easily pass information around, over a large distance as well." Althea stated. "As long as we're in the same realm it works." "And no, no objections on my part."
  25. "Down here, we are at a disadvantage. We don't know where any of these tunnels lead. Stay sharp and be careful. We don't know what's behind any corner." Devaan looked at Neo as he spoke. "As to your question. Vesuvius most likely has multiple exits. Which means we might have to split up until we have him cornered. We'll case the place before we go in and trap any obvious escapes. When we get there, Max, Althea and I will do check the safe house out. You don't have the ghost blood stealth training that we do, so we'll come back for you once we've finished, Any objections?" He asked as Max and Althea dropped down the hatch
  26. I really like your analytical approach to the topic! Just to nitpick: Your description of the three TWoK plotline does not fully align with Brandon's description. Don't know whether this would influence your analysis...
  27. And so said Sharder followed @Silva s call and came by to take a look. A story, she'd just become a story? That was good, she guessed, she liked stories. She remembered when she had looked for a profile picture, found the painting and it had fit her. She liked magic, and the woman looked strong, self confident. She looked like she had her own story to tell: Let's say to woman's name was Amelia, her real name was lost, but Amelia will work for now. Amelia grew up in a large town, with a spiral tower. Her parents were poor, the öived from day to day, earning money, buying food, earning more money. They were overly happy, when they managed to secure an apprenticeship for their daughter and so she moved to the master craftsman, started to learn a trade. But Amelia had dreams and every day she stopped, looked at the tower and wished she could be a mage herself. Maybe a sorcceress. Maybe a truthsayer, she'd even become a necromancer, as long as she was able to wield that mysterious power everything would be fine. And her dream came true. One day she discovered her powers in a way that is not important for us right now, important is, that she learned how to use them. Years later, a war ripped her country apart, the earth was poisoned and thousands died by the claws of demons and beasts. The mages in the tower were clueless, they had no idea what to do, how to battle these creatures and they died gruesome deaths while trying to figure it out. Then Amelia had an idea. Using herself as bait she destroyed the veil between the worlds and lured the demons into the eerie glow of another plane. They followed her, the scent of her blood and so the trap worked. Amelia repaired the veil, but she trapped herself and since then she is fighting, keeps the demons occupied, as she has no idea if they are able to leave this place again after her death. @Dragon reborn
  1. Load more activity