All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Edgar sighed, but didn’t argue further. He knew he couldn’t change her mind, he just hoped she’d fall asleep anyway.
  3. “But I like the horses…” Jenny was too stubborn to let herself fall asleep, so she stayed in the limbo one found themselves in after waking up in the middle of the night to get a glass of water. It was somewhat more restful than being wide awake, at least.
  4. He smiled, scooting over so she could have a little more room to rest. “You should try to sleep.”
  5. Jenny rested her head on Ed’s shoulder. She’d forgotten how hard sitting up could be when you were tired. She noticed a pure black horse out of the window and, despite her exhaustion, managed to point a slightly shaking finger in its direction and excitedly announce its presence. She wondered what it was named. Hopefully it was something befitting a beautiful steed, like William.
  6. Today
  7. Edgar tried to steal her as she walked, making his way back to the seats. He sat next to her.
  8. “Sure.” Jenny reluctantly let go and started stumbling back to their seats. She liked it when she and Ed could be alone, but that was rather difficult on a train stuffed with people. Being away from their group wasn’t a super great idea, either, since any of those people could be a monster in disguise.
  9. “Ok. Do you to go back with the others?”
  10. “I think sitting down is fine.” They hadn’t bought enough tickets for her to have room to lie down on the seats, and she wasn’t a particularly big fan of the idea of lying down on the floor. She could sleep sitting up if she had to.
  11. “Do you want to sit down? Or find somewhere to lay down?”
  12. “Just really tired. I’m still healing. Tomorrow morning I should be fine, though.” Their ambrosia was very handy. Jenny felt a bit bad for eating so much of it, but at least they had gorgon blood as a backup. Her eyelids began to droop again, which was extremely annoying.
  13. “Are you ok?” he asked, very concerned. Was she hurt?
  14. Eventually, Jenny nearly collapsed. Standing there with her eyes closed, the sound of Ed’s heartbeat had briefly lulled her to sleep. His arms around her prevented her from falling, but she still blushed with embarrassment. She probably should’ve sat down, but she didn’t want to move.
  15. He rested his head on top of hers, holding her there for a long moment. He didn’t feel like he needed to talk anymore.
  16. Jenny nodded. It made her sad to think that Ed apparently didn’t have anything to live for before he’d met her. It had admittedly been the same for herself, though. Thinking about how awful that had felt just made her more sad for Ed. She was glad he didn’t have to feel that way anymore. Since her head was pressed against his chest, she closed her eyes and listened to his heartbeat. It was a comforting reminder that he was ok.
  17. “I won’t. I promise you I won’t. I have someone to live for now, remember?”
  18. “Um… don’t die?” Jenny always felt bad when she didn’t know what to do to help, so she figured that she should give Ed an answer since he’d been asking that so much. She also genuinely wanted him to follow that request, although he was probably already planning on doing that. Still, it couldn’t hurt to remind him.
  19. “Is there anything else I can do?”
  20. Jenny smiled weakly. This quest would’ve gone far worse for her had Ed not been there to calm her down. She slowly forced herself to relax. Staying tense would just exhaust her more. She hugged Ed back, but not quite as tightly. Her arms felt too heavy for that.
  21. He hugged her a little tighter. “Well I’m always here to give them.”
  22. Something in Jenny felt indecisive. That emotion then withdrew, the saturation leaving along with it. She would’ve felt more relieved were it not for the fact that her put-togetherness had also faded away. Her posture slumped a bit and she once again was on the edge of pushing herself too far. “Hugs are nice.”
  23. He wrapped his arms around her again. “I’m so sorry, that must have been horrible for you. Can I do anything to help?”
  24. “Terrance was upset because he thought he was a monster. I made eye contact with him and got really spooked. I think with the way he’s been talking about things, it’s been bringing up some not very good thoughts in my head. The dread amplified them.” Jenny felt strangely embarrassed. She kept losing any progress she made when it came to improving her self image, despite all that Ed was doing to try to help her.
  25. He walked with her along the train until they found a secluded area. “Will you tell me what happened with you and Terrance?”
  26. “Sure!” Jenny hopped up, excited at the excuse to move around. Trains involved a lot of sitting. They’d also moved on to an area with less animals standing in fields, so the view out the window wasn’t as interesting anymore.
  1. Load more activity