All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. brandon sanderson

I do have to say, that this announcement doesn't excite me all that much. Glad it does him. I used to watch Shad's videos and all, but now I just can't do it.
  3. 22 hours!? How can this be?
  4. The second, I believe, but I could be wrong there. I'm all for Mac's idea of a bunch of small plots leading up to the climax, that sounds cool to me. It also is a good idea thematically - slowing down a bit and doing smaller stuff right before the big world-changing plot just feels right. Zinc's could be one, Po's/mine could be one, the GB takeover could be one, tons of character stuff or other miniplots (like Darth's idea, if I'm reading that right) could be going on at the same time. It was brought up that Invo's plot idea could work well integrated with Fate's (people call you that, right? Or is it just me). @Sorana and the other GB plot people, is there a chance I could join the new group fighting the Ghostbloods? RP a character in that until they're defeated? And I'd like to plan with you.
  5. When the holiday that celebrates the founding of the town you live in is called Steel Days, and you think "That could totally be a holiday in The Final Empire or maybe Newcago."
  6. Nah, I might throw her into a conversation with a different NPC soon, but I'm good for now. Definitely stay - most of us have extremely strong ties to this area and I can't see them leaving. Plus it just makes more sense plot-wise. Seems like we're good with moving out of the police station, so: (correct me if I'm wrong about what time it is, that's often fuzzy to me in this RP ) Cassie lifted her face in the cool night breeze as they walked home. It was pretty late - the prom had been during the evening, and then everything with the Voidbringers had happened, and then they'd been questioned...it was probably past midnight, she reflected. Her hand dropped to her pocket, fingering the set of keys within, but she'd already decided going back for the car was too dangerous right now. First, get to the house. She could walk over and drive it back in the morning. Instead she drew out her phone. The police had supposedly called Uncle James, but Cass didn't feel like taking chances after the events of the last few hours. She pressed the button to speed-dial his number and waited nervously. @Dr. Dapper
  7. Why is this so hilarious? Heal my trauma victim, hurt Tom. Deteca - 7 Safire - 4 Tamika - 7 Ember - 6 Nultūk - 4 GWLU - 5 Ben - 5 Brandy - 5 Butt - 9 Tom - 8 Silence - 8 Wes - 6 Ghanderflaffle - 7
  8. @[email protected] of the Mists There's also historical examples of this which Brandon probably drew on directly, most obviously the religious orders of the Knights Templar and the Knights Hospitaller.
  9. Man! I can't believe the cats got out of the bag again!
  10. Fixed the sandersection at myhouse is more extensive than my old middle school library
  11. Who? Me?
  12. When someone at the library asks for a book recommendation with fantasy and action and you go right to the Sandersection. (She left with Elantris - yay!)
  13. You know, I really enjoyed reading that. It's a good story, I like it a lot. The only complaint I really have is that the poetic descriptions can be a tad distracting, but they're cool and give the story its own brand. I'm excited to see more.
  14. If you look at my last couple posts, for some reason quotes are doing weird things that has never happened before. After the first time, I was careful to check and make sure I wasn't doing anything stupid like quoting inside of a quote box, but the result looks as such. The weirdest thing is that one of the quotes went in fine and frankly I'm just confused. The ideal avenue of deduction would be to disable my chrome extensions and re-enable them one by one to see if that's the problem, but is there a place on the forums I can spam a few posts to try and weed through the problem? Also, after I post I can't interact with the buttons below my post. i.e. edit, options etc.
  15. Definitely the first, talking is a huge plus. With the bonus of being a good swimmer. Still not ideal, but better than the alternative. *looks around guiltily* They were so cute and fuzzy and I just wanted to say hi, okay? Not my fault they, er... That dude, clearly. That one right over there. You see him? It's that guy.
  16. From the album Fallen

The man, the snake, the handerfle! This is ol' Ralvon when he was a bit younger. I had a lot of fun drawing him, even if his eyes gave me trouble. I feel like he should look more evil, but it's no big deal. He's scary enough as a handerfle, he deserves to have looks as a human.
  17. There's a lot of mixing statements and questions so if any remain, just restate them. There could be an argument that BAM displays Bondsmith-type abilities but I think BS is pretty clear. He also says it right off. The hedging and fuzziness stem from trying to place Yelignar or Ashartmarn into an order Some of my deductions are likely to change as we gain more clarity on Ashyn, Roshar and Braize histories. and So humans destroyed Ashyn (I think because of Odium's influence). Humans fled to Roshar and were accepted by Honor (and likely Cultivation) who ordered the Singers to do so too. Sometime in here, H, C, and spren started paying more attention/growing closer with the humans. "For their betrayal extended even to our gods: to spren, stone, and wind." Odium had followed the humans and as they expanded out from Shinovar, Odium approached some very angry Singers and gave them the chance to be reborn when they die, thus giving them revenge. Humans then went to Honor and proposed the Oathpact because the angry Singers would. not. go. away. Thus began the cycle of desolations with Humans and Honor (and likely Cultivation) vs Singers and Odium. BS has kept tight-lipped about the specifics of what went down. We'll have to wait a while before we get any more details about the past. A good chunk of what you're asking probably won't be solidified until the back five.
  18. Today
  19. I'll sign up as... A character. I'll come up with a name later.
  20. Vin barely succeeded in killing the Lord Ruler, but something went wrong during the fight. The scene ended with Vin limping away, barely conscious and out of pewter. Eventually, she fell unconscious and died. Elend was unable to gather the support needed to ascend and rule Luthadel, so the Steel Ministry was able to clamp down its iron (or steel?) fist. As Ruin's influence grew, he wormed his way into the mind of an unlucky Inquisitor. That Inquisitor was tricked into releasing Ruin from his prison, and things only went downhill from there. After a rather dubious gap in logic and storytelling, all of the Inquisitors went mad and started killing everyone. Because that's just how life works. Welcome to LG59, lovely people. Housekeeping and General Notes: @Coop772 and I will be GMing this game, and @Alvron will be the IM. The game will start on Monday, September 2, 2019. Rollover will be at 12:30 PM PDT. Days are 48 hours long. Nights are 24 hours long. PM's are closed. There is a minimum requirement of 1 post per cycle, for each player. Less posting than that will result in death by the inactivity filter. The full game rules may also be accessed here. Game Rules: Basic rules Spike Rules Spike Roles Allomantic Roles Player List: Spectators: Quick Links:
  21. Thank you!
  1. Load more activity