All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Jenny tried to gently help Ed sit up. They needed to leave soon. Ed had to rest, and mortals were going to start chasing them at any moment. “Please don’t try to stand.” She whispered this to Ed to avoid embarrassing him in front of the others. She knew he’d hate to not do anything, but his condition was scaring her. Jenny didn’t want to come as close as she had to losing him before.
  3. It is never too late A week is quite a lot of time when it's life and death Therefore I shall take this breath of life and use it to bolster my natural tendency to survive, which normally only applies when most of my peers would wish it didn't
  4. He struggled weakly to sit up, but was unsuccessful.
  5. Today
  6. Hi! 

What's going on in your lives? 

Feel free to answer that however you want, if you want more of a prompt you can tell me one thing that's been hard and two things that are good! 

One thing that's been hard for me is figuring out if I'm going to stay in my college town for the summer or move back home with my parents. 

Good things: one is that I got on depression medication! Wooooo! Another is that my run of The Tempest is going well, we close tomorrow (which is sad but good!)

7. That admittedly made sense. Ed had been sitting last time she’d seen him, and the thud was probably him falling down. Why had he stood up? He’d needed Jenny to carry him there, he couldn’t support himself. She looked back at him and saw that he was a sickly pale. She paled, too. Ed was normally heavily impacted by pain, but this seemed to go beyond just pain. @Weaver of Lights
  8. "i didnt do anything. he tried to stand up before falling down in pain."
  9. Proposal to make a separate page for people on Canticle. The first thing to address is do we have a canonical demonym. I would assume it's Canticlite but I'm not sure we ever see it in the source material. Second is would we treat it like Rosharans who do not fall under Ashynites (which currently also doesn't have its own page) or would it be a subcategory on the Threnodite page.
  10. Good observation, though IMO. The child sacrifice in WOR is Shallan. The child sacrifice in ROW Eshonai. Thinking about this made me notice another pattern I wondered if anyone had observed. Each viewpoint radiant deals with a flashback ('childhood') trauma differently. Five Stages of Grief Denial : Shallan Anger : Dalinar Bargaining : Venli Depression : Kaladin Acceptance : Szeth IDK fits pretty well. Not sure what it implies. None of the above seem like a healthy response, though if there is a right way to deal with grief I don't know it.
  11. “Ed?!” Something was hurting Ed. Jenny scrambled to her feet and tried to move so that she was standing in front of him, nearly tripping over him in the process. Roy must be involved with this somehow. She couldn’t protect Ed from him blind, so she cracked one eye open as a compromise. @RoyalBeeMage
  12. Film Idea: Called Forever Death, and centers around a breakup that the main character has/had, and explores the idea that breakup's are like death because you're not with your partner anymore, but it's not a Forever Death because there's the chance of returning.

13. His death has been brought up before, Dalinar nearly killed him by forcing him to be a Blade to use an Oathgate in Oathbringer, this was brought up again in ROW during Adolin's Trial. Rayse wanted to kill the Stormfather but couldn't risk doing it because of Cultivation potentially using that momentary distraction to kill him in turn, but now Odium has a new Vessel being personally taught by Cultivation, so TOdium might just be in the perfect position to both kill the Stormfather and deal a wound to Cultivation to even them out. Not to mention there is a rather ominous Death Rattle about Light fading:
  14. Edgar tried to stifle his yell of pain, but was largely unsuccessful.
  15. I finished Memory of Light and I'm having an existential crisis. 

SPOILERS FOR WHEEL OF TIME:

I don't know how far down I have to go.

This should be fine

Who restarts the Age counter? Like, who will decide that the 4th age is over, but instead of the 5th age, we'll call it the 1st age? How many ages are there? The 4th age seems like it will be an age of legends, but that was the second age. What will happen between the 4th age and the next 3rd age? The Dark One's prison still needs to be sealed at that point for them to break it open, so what would happen? I don't understand. Also, did Rand and Moridin switch bodies? HELP!

16. She held the trembling child in her arms. Thankfully, she had brass left from earlier. She took away the worst parts of her fear, despair, anguish, and anger. “It’s okay, it’s okay…”
  1. Load more activity