All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Tal was…there, staring blankly. I’m not like you… You are me. I am not. You will be.
  3. Well, we've already seen three perpendicularities that were destroyed - all on Scadrial, the Well of Ascension, Ruin's perpendicularity in the Pits of Hathsin and the Autonomy's perpendicularity under Bilming. It's not that unique, stuff can happen. They aren't permanent. Dhatri is a home world of Prasanva, which was invaded by the Dark Aether, making it inhospitable for Aetherbound. That's definitely related. The fact that this force was likely able to kill an Aether is a big deal in my opinion, far greater than the disappearing perpendicularity that someone could have drunk for example. The way of accessing powers are vastly different between a Shard and an Aether. An Aetherbound is in a symbiotic bond with their Aether, accessing the power of a Shard you have many ways, depending on the magic. Honor isn't responsible for granting powers to people directly - spren are. Killing a spren results in the same thing as killing an Aether, losing the access to the power - Teft was left powerless after Phendorana was killed. The nature of Knight Radiants is similar to that of Aetherbound, as they both form a symbiotic relationship with a being that gives them powers. The difference here is with their reach, a Radiant will lose their powers if they got separated from their spren on a relatively short scale, while an Aether is basically omnipresent (just like Shards are) - TwinSoul remained in contact with Silajana even on another planet. The fact that an Aether can communicate and grant powers to someone on the other side of Cosmere means they are significantly invested. Are they equally invested in Shards? Debatable of course, Aethers claim they are as a collective. But there are many Aethers, more than the number of Shards - 12 alone on Lumar, 12 on Dhatri (one dead now), many others on other planets as they've spread across Cosmere. So while individually they seem to be weaker than a Shard, but still very powerful, collectively they might be able to rival one or all Shards in raw power (though they might be far more limited in using that power than a Shard is). Investiture, just like energy can't be destroyed, it can only change state. Shards can die like Aethers can and that dead Aether still left a broken pieces on an Aetherbound's body - the Aether isn't entirely gone, it's dead, but something was probably left behind (that's why , just like a Splintered Shard is dead, but not entirely gone, leaving behind a Splintered pieces. The Aether is killed, their body and essence was not destroyed, it was just broken. One just needs to look at Threnody to see how devastating a Splintering of a Shard can be to people in the Physical Realm. Or Sel to see how it affected the Cognitive Realm. But it's true, Aethers have a Physical body, that's what Aetherbound grows, that's what resides on Lumar's moons. But they still have a very significant presence in the Spiritual Realm, because of their ability to stay in contact with their Aetherbounds all across Cosmere. Shard's have a physical body as well. Nothing in Cosmere can be truly destroyed. A soul-corpse is always left in the Spiritual Realm. Even people can be brought back no matter the state of their physical bodies - Yumi just made a body for herself out of raw investiture. Shards as a being are dead and gone after the Splintering. I do want to know if a killed Aether can be restored, just like a Splintered Shard can be reassembled. I don't agree that Aether must be mostly physical because they were destroyed - Spren can be "destroyed" too and they aren't "mostly" physical. I do agree that Aethers have a significant physical presence and do have a physical body, as seen on Lumar, or with Aetherbounds. Shards can be killed, their power Splintered and dragged out of the Spiritual Realm - when you "destroy" an Aether something is left behind, their power, their essence, their investiture. That's because laws of thermodynamics work in Cosmere, investiture can't be destroyed, it can only change states. A being can be killed - a Shard or an Aether die in the same way - but it leaves something behind, a dead body and raw investiture. But it can't be destroyed. And we saw that dead body of an Aether on Aditil. I wonder what you can do with it, I want to know if a killed Aether can be restored, just like a Splintered Shard can be reassembled.
  4. I am sharing this testimony to partners who are suffering in their relationships because there is a lasting solution. My husband left me and our 1 child for another woman for 6 years. I tried to be strong just for my children but I couldn't control the pains that torment my heart. I was hurt and confused. I needed help so I researched on the internet and found a site where I saw that vuka, a great spell caster, can help get lovers back with a natural zodiac sign spell. I contacted her and he did a special prayer and spell for me. To my surprise, after 12 hours, my husband returned home. That's how we met again and there was a lot of love, joy and peace in the family. You can also contact vuka from any part of the world a powerful spell caster for solutions +27699565344
  5. My name is Charlotte Emily from California United States, and i wished to use this medium to tell you about a powerful and wonderful spell caster that has brought back joy and happiness into my life Am giving this testimony because am so happy, I want to thank JOJO LOSO for the great thing He has done in my life , He brought happiness back to my life, I never believed in spell casters until my life fell apart when my lover of 3 years decided to call it quit almost when we wanted to get married. I was so emotionally down to the extent I could not do anything reasonable again, almost went crazy, became violent and always unhappy, after 2 months in pain before an old friend of mine introduced me to a spell caster online called JOJO LOSO. In less than 12 hours i saw wonders, my lover came back to me and my life got back just like a completed puzzle, and after 1 month we got married and it was just like a dream to me because i thought i had lost him forever. Thank you JOJO LOSO for helping me, but most of all, Your Honesty and Fast Accurate Resu
  6. Let's just be real here, 90 percent of the people on the shard are nerds. Like what storming person goes on social media here, of all places. The storming seventeenth shard? That just screams nerd!
  7. It's probably fine. When last I raised a similar concern on a necro thread, the mods told me it was generally ok and not to worry too much if the thread isnt locked. The Policy states one of the acceptable reasons to revive a topic would be to discuss new related information and the TSM content probably qualifies.
  8. Granted, but he appears for a fraction of a second in each film, and Lucasfilm kept his appearence secret. I wish for a private audience with my favorite celebrity, Brandon Sanderson.
  9. I DIDNT MEAN TOOOOO I JUST STARTED ONE FIRREEEEE …OKAY A LOT OF FIRES AND THEN EVERYONE WAS DYING
  10. The weird part for me is, I know all of the people you've mentioned. One of them is not like the others. Frustration defied the Law of Degrading Activity for too long. It's about time that he paid his dues, but it's also his duty to frustrate everyone, so... shrug.
  11. Today
  12. Scene 8: Burn Don’t worry friends! Im okay! Just getting some emotions out since I have a lot of time to write. Hopefully most of you understand this feeling, it’d be a blessing to have never experienced it. Maybe it’s just an anger issues thing. *shrug*
  13. Plz take the poll
  14. He waited. Do you want him to leave? Daniel asked her.
  15. Granted. He’s a zombie. I wish for Michael Jackson to appear in every Star Wars movie.
  16. Honorspren existed before Aharietiam, they were created directly by Honor. There were around 2000 Honorspren killed in Recreance, all created by Honor except for Syl and her generation that was the first created by the Stormfather as Honor was dying, shortly before the False Desolation. OB ch 108: RoW ch 87: Windspren are the plate spren of Windrunners and that's also the form Honorspren often take when they are in the Physical Realm.
  17. yeah, like I haven't seen Wiz in forever. I rarely see Bookwyrm, I don't see Insa, Frustration hasn't been here in a long time, etc.
  18. Vin could still be manipulated by Breeze, A skilled undercover soother/rioter would totally be able to effect a mistborn, and you can't just constantly keep up a copper cloud, you'd run out of metal, no matter how slow it burns. I think an aluminum hat is just a good safety precaution.
  19. guys

the ACT scores have come . . . .

I'm not gonna open the email right now because I've been awake for like, an hour.

Needless to say, I'm more nervous right now then I was on the actual testing day lol 😅

1. Edema Rue

Edema Rue

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU GOT!

20. Please avoid necro-posting, this is against Shard's policy. This topic is almost three years old and the question is already marked as answered. Reviving such old and dead topics is not advisable.
  21. Granted. However you can never again eat unripe bananas. I wish for my old hamster, Gandalf, back.
  22. I need one sentence story premises to practice writing cuz I can't think of any good ideas...

23. But it's still possible. As Brandon said "Mateform is not the only form capable of producing--any more than Warform is the only one capable of swinging a sword. The forms are specializations" - even Rlain in a Dullform was able to learn how to fight with a spear in WoR. You are literally arguing with Brandon at this point. I'm not saying that all are capable of reproduction, but many, if not all are, even if most are asexual and may have reduced chances of fertilization.
  1. Load more activity