All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. *as a potato refugee, watch in horror as you eat my potato brethren* *flees to less crispy section of Spudgart*
  3. "Did you put something in this?" *drinks ginger ale*
  4. I dont think so, mostly from the example of Nale. His Herald madness seems to be in full swing, in his case it took his signature traits of Justice and Confidence and he's too self-doubting to trust himself or his own sense of Justice with being the Sworn master/guide of the next generation of Skybreakers, even though he (Stallone Voice) Is the Law.
  5. "Of course." *gives ginger ale in a shot glass*
  6. *puts fries on three plates, brings one for Grandparent, self, and if a guest wants some* "I brought your weird sauce if you want that-"
  7. "Can I have some ginger ale?"
  8. No, it's not. Also it smells funny.
  9. "True." *pulls fries out of frier* "BBQ sauce?"
  10. "How DARE YOU-" ". . . but it's tasty-"
  11. I have no idea what's going on but how dare you
  12. Welcome! Would you like a knife?
  13. For the Set, we don't know if they did or not, but looking from their perspective any Trellium spike they get is another potential hemalurgist they can shield from Harmony, which was probably more immediately appealing than using their limited amounts of it to work out its allomantic and feruchemical attributes. As far as I remember they never covered how exactly the Set gets the Trellium, but I assume Autonomy had to give it to them directly, and I would assume that Autonomy only gave it to members who had proven themselves with a specific use in mind. Admittedly their multiple test runs of the explosives and the fact that they worked that reaction out in the first place makes this theory a bit weaker, but you could say that they were experimenting with spikes they had recovered from fallen members (which wouldn't be able to be used for feruchemy or allomancy but could still be used to split harmonium just fine) or one of the scientists really impressed Autonomy and got a small amount to work with, then once they found it out and the whole bomb plan Telsin took charge and was rewarded with the resources they needed to execute the plan. Any efforts to do large scale research on the allomantic or feruchemical abilities of Trellium would likely be shut down by the Set as just not being a practical use of resources, given that they know how to use it for hemalurgy to access a set of powers that are already well understood. Consequently, if the power is something more esoteric than the normal allomantic abilities, getting a few one-off experiments approved probably wouldn't be enough to figure out how it works and not worth a mention, especially how feruchemists have had ~300 years to work on the spiritual metals and still don't know much about how those work. For the kandra and our protagonists, the simple answer is that nobody wanted to risk getting Trell's attention or doing something damaging to themselves by burning the metal. I'd be hesitant to burn it myself in their situation, given that they have no idea what the power would be (and they didn't even know what shard Trell was until Lost Metal, so no guessing based on intent). Also any Trellium they did have would be spikes they took from the Set and you can't burn those anyway.
  14. "A old person taught me how to make it though-"
  15. *in a bad, southern, grandmotherly accent* "I'm traditional. Back in the South, we don't have all y'all's fancy "fry sauce." We had good old fashioned ketchup and BBQ sauce! Sometimes gravy, if you were crazy." *nom* *slaps hand away* "I'm not done talking yet!"
  16. *Steals carrots* We are at war, this is no time for reading. Also, it's Thursday so we can do as many sacrifices as we want...
  17. "Sneaking some of your guyses fries"
  18. "how DARE you- only 'just okay'" *mixing*
  1. Load more activity