Mistborn - An Overdue Dance

I always loved much of the playful relationship between Vin and Elend and nothing topped it more for me than when they finally got to dance and Elend of course immediately pulls out a book. I can only imagine how exasperated and yet amused Vin must have felt. I also loved the idea of her simple, but elegant black dress and him in his white uniform. Such a contrasting look, though there weren’t a ton of descriptive details to work with, so I took some liberties. 

Anyways, I wanted to do a piece involving that scene and so this was the result. Hope you all enjoy!


Credit

https://www.deviantart.com/shinobi2u/art/Mistborn-An-Overdue-Dance-802401333

26

8 Comments

This IS beautiful!  There is a lot of detail here to appreciate; in particular I really dig the texture that Kredic Shaw silhouette makes and the coins are a nice touch (I imagine they translate to "In TLR we trust", lol) :)

1

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, Shard of Thought said:

I love this so much! It's beautiful!

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, StarrFall said:

This IS beautiful!  There is a lot of detail here to appreciate; in particular I really dig the texture that Kredic Shaw silhouette makes and the coins are a nice touch

Yeah, when I start the piece and started trying to figure out a composition, I knew I wanted to include Kredic Shaw in it somehow and the coins and atium seemed like iconic things I couldn't leave out (I had other things I was contemplating, but it made it far too busy, so maybe in another piece). Glad you liked the piece!

 

9 minutes ago, StarrFall said:

 (I imagine they translate to "In TLR we trust", lol) :)

:lol: I love it!

1

Share this comment


Link to comment

I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT! This is the best artwork of their dance I have ever seen! Dear me, it's wonderful.

If I may... may I have permission to use this artwork for a YouTube video of mine? It's a song that I made for that very scene in the book, but my best recording of it was done on audio instead of video, and I want there to be a visual to go with it. I will most certainly credit you if you are alright with that.

Seriously, your piece is truly wonderful.

1

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 6/29/2019 at 1:23 PM, Firerust said:

I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT! This is the best artwork of their dance I have ever seen! Dear me, it's wonderful.

If I may... may I have permission to use this artwork for a YouTube video of mine? It's a song that I made for that very scene in the book, but my best recording of it was done on audio instead of video, and I want there to be a visual to go with it. I will most certainly credit you if you are alright with that.

Seriously, your piece is truly wonderful.

I'm glad you enjoyed and you are certainly welcome to use it with credit. Thank you for asking!

On 7/4/2019 at 5:23 PM, Jaywalk said:

This is amazing!

Thanks! :)

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 7/12/2019 at 4:50 PM, shinobi2u said:

I'm glad you enjoyed and you are certainly welcome to use it with credit. Thank you for asking!

Thank you, fine fellow. I will most definitely credit you for it. :)

0

Share this comment


Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now