- Extreme Versatility
- Easy to learn
- Complex, learnable, practical magic systems
- Able host both a Medieval setting and a Sci Fi setting without needing home rules
Magic System Design:
These are one of my favorite aspects of Other to think about. I do have to say the premise of these magic systems have been shaped by my reading of the Cosmere, though you won't see any Surgebinders or Mistborn I bet some of you will be able to make them.
- There are going to be too many
- You can combine every system with each other to create things that I really regret giving access to
Your character earns Experience for a variety of reasons, which I'll probably go over later, and using Experience you can invest in a variety of feats. There are no classes, except for Magic Synergy Classes, but those are a can of worms I am too lazy to explain.
- You do stuff
- Get Experience
- Pay some to learn a new skill or something like that
Spellslinging, combo building, and attack dodging. Your turns remove your initiative until you lose a turn. They run fast(ish) and chaotically, every move could be your last. You should rely on creative attack design instead of overpowering force.
The first combo system I designed could make dealing 2000 damage too easy
Build your own race! Invest some points in features such as tough skin or natural psionics.