Shardcast: The Unmade and Oathbringer Part Four Epigraphs


This week we have a spoooooky episode. It's Oathbringer's Part Four Epigraphs, which talk about the Unmade. We spitball all sort of crazy things about the backstory of the Unmade, and then delve into all the epigraphs. We talk about all of your favorites of these creepy Eldritch horrors.

Today we have Kerry (KChan), Ian (WeiryWriter), Eric (Chaos), and Ben--Overlord Jebus, who's joining us on the podcast for the first time! You can complain to Jebus about his bad audio, I did my best.

For answers on spren fishing you can see our video where Jebus went to the London signing!

 

2




User Feedback


Steeldancer

Posted

I have a question. If you spiked Jebus, who did you kill to do so? 

2

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Run Ookla, run! said:

I have a question. If you spiked Jebus, who did you kill to do so? 

A cake, taking its sweetness. :D 

1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Correct me if I'm wrong, (I haven't finished the pod cast) but don't the three mindless Unmade have no hyphens (one segment names)? And then the semi-intelligent ones have two segments in their names? And then Ba-Ado-Mishram has 3 segments to it's name? And it sounds like it's the most powerful Unmade? (Sorry about spelling)

My theory is that the hyphenation denotes level of intelligence.... Can anyone support or disprove this? I lent my copy of OB to a friend.

Edit: level of intelligence and perhaps power

Edited by Cheat Commando
Addition/Clarification
0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cheat Commando said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, (I haven't finished the pod cast) but don't the three mindless Unmade have no hyphens (one segment names)? And then the semi-intelligent ones have two segments in their names? And then Ba-Ado-Mishram has 3 segments to it's name? And it sounds like it's the most powerful Unmade? (Sorry about spelling)

My theory is that the hyphenation denotes level of intelligence.... Can anyone support or disprove this? I lent my copy of OB to a friend.

That almost works! But who knows is Chemoarish fits that. Pretty cool idea though. 

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some thoughts after listening. 

I read Overlord Jebus's WoB about spren fishing before listening, so the comment on how it probably wasn't just something Isaac did very amusing. 

The Survival Shard is definitely Hope, and Kelsier will pick it up to ascend. His final words were clever foreshadowing by Brandon. 

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2017 at 2:20 PM, Chaos said:

That almost works! But who knows is Chemoarish fits that. Pretty cool idea though. 

Ah yes... Forgot about the Dustmother....

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was me on female/male unmade sentience/sapience dichotomy! And you just blew my mind with Re-Shephir = Reshaper

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
Wax

Posted (edited)

Ugh... I had to stop listening and come and post this.  Sja-anat is pronounced 

Ja—a-naat in the audiobook.  The sia-naat pronounciation does not fit!

and give Jebus a turn to speak (sorry, but unabashed fan)!

Edit: Kerry - you can get a job as a cat herder :P

Edit2: Amaram is pronounced Ema(-)ram in the audiobook

Edited by Wax
0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wax said:

Ugh... I had to stop listening and come and post this.  Sja-anat is pronounced 

Ja—a-naat in the audiobook.  The sia-naat pronounciation does not fit!

and give Jebus a turn to speak (sorry, but unabashed fan)!

Edit: Kerry - you can get a job as a cat herder :P

Edit2: Amaram is pronounced Ema(-)ram in the audiobook

Yeah, we talked about Sja-anat and that pronunciation. Still is weird to me! 

I don't think I could pronounce Amaram that way, though. That's way too bizarre for me. 

Jebus talked a bunch in this podcast! We've had way quieter people :P 

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now that we know that Odiam came to roshar from out side it. do we think perhaps his Unmade might be splinters of the shards he has killed??

0

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ba-Ado-Mishram:

Adoda means "light".
Mishim is the smallest (blue) moon.
-ram we find in Amaram as suffix.

Might there be a possibility to translate the names of the Unmade?

1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now