Pin Me Up! (Sharder Geo Tracking Visualized)

With the help of Aether, Lord of Lists, I've plotted the locations of the 17th Sharders as best I can based on the locations provided in the Master List of Origins™. Those who have posted their locations in that thread will automagically be plotted in the map.

You may find a link to the Nationality Thread here.

So as not to clutter Lord Aether's thread with Move-My-Pin requests, I've created this topic for those who want the pins to be closer to their actual locations. You may either post it here or PM me.

I originally set the map to be available for everyone to tag their locations, but have since revised the sharing rights for purposes of uniformity.

The pins are colored based on Gender. Blue for Males, Pink for Females and Green for Not Telling. 

Chaos has a special Lightning Pin, because, well, he's who he is. 

This is a work in progress and profile pictures will get linked in the next couple of days. If you wish your pin to be removed, just post here and the pin will be removed within 24 hours. 

Here is a link to the map and a snapshot of the current global distribution.

Map of 17th Sharders

17th_Map.png

Mine's fairly close - I'd say it should be smack dab in the middle of the Charlottetown text instead of being in Rustico, but considering that I think all that I've ever said was PEI, it's not too far off :P

Fan-tucking-tastic map, contrary! 

I'm sadly not on the right spot on the map. I live in Melbourne, Victoria Australia.

Funny how America is just a massive mess of pins.

Thanks Panda.

If you just provided the country before, then I normally put you right smack in the middle. Now that you've given a more specific location, I've put your pin near that of lord Claincy Ffnord.

Yeah, there's so many Sharders in the US, at least those who are willing to divulge their locations. 

Huh, wow, I'm really close to Staff Venture. Should I be worried about that sort of thing?

I think you should be more worried that you're right next to Jit. Isn't Jit the name of that Hedge Maid (with the sewn up lips) in Sword of Truth?

Mine's fairly close - I'd say it should be smack dab in the middle of the Charlottetown text instead of being in Rustico, but considering that I think all that I've ever said was PEI, it's not too far off :P

I've moved it Lance. It's now in Charlottetown.

This is a pretty neat idea! :)

It's cool to see a visualization of where everyone is.

Thanks Panda.

If you just provided the country before, then I normally put you right smack in the middle. Now that you've given a more specific location, I've put your pin near that of lord Claincy Ffnord.

I'm assuming you did the same with the states in the US? Without specific information they go smack dab in the middle? Mostly asking because my pin is in the middle of the state I live in, yet, funny enough, it's MAYBE 20 miles east from where i ACTUALLY live (probably less)

This is a pretty neat idea! :)

It's cool to see a visualization of where everyone is.

I'm assuming you did the same with the states in the US? Without specific information they go smack dab in the middle? Mostly asking because my pin is in the middle of the state I live in, yet, funny enough, it's MAYBE 20 miles east from where i ACTUALLY live (probably less)

Thanks Eerongal. I've moved your pin based on the approximate distance you provided.

So apparently I'm hanging out near Uluru. That's awesome :)

Is this the sandstone park? There are so many parks near your pin.

Same with mine. It lists me about thirty miles away from where I actually live. Which I'm completely fine with. 

Is this the sandstone park? There are so many parks near your pin.

I'm not sure I understand your question. I don't actually live out there, but I like the fact that that's where my pin is.

Uluru = Ayers Rock which is a http://youaredoingthatwrong.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/uluru.jpg'> MASSIVE orange rock in the middle of the desert. If that's what you were asking?http://youaredoingthatwrong.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/uluru.jpg

Edited by Delightful

Is it Ok for me to Change my Symbol to a Question Mark? (Cause I already did).

Nevermind. It didn't stay.

For my gratitude, and because you're of my guild...I'll change it.

*on mobile now, so I'll check if I can do it here*

EDIT: Done.

Edited by Quitecontrary

Lol, Joe. I'd forgotten I said that. I maintain it to be truth though. Unless the book is a mass market or second trade paperback copy, it won't leave my bedroom.

Go ahead. It amuses me to be reminded of these slip ups.

EDIT: Revisiting the map, it's kinda sad to see only myself and skaa in our country. I'm sure there's more...enough to fill a Sharder Party.

Edited by Quitecontrary

RgZYOYw.gif

On second thought....

Awesome work, Quitecontrary.  But, you have me in located in the Spokane, WA area.  I am on the other side of the state on Camano Island (north of Seattle).

Thanks Shardlet, I've moved it. Typically, when I only have the state, I put the pin in the center of the state, until I get more accurate info.