Forgery challenge

You are a forgery in a medium sized  12ft square room with cobblestone walls, you have access to materials to make 3 stamps. Inside the room there is a small bead that's slightly beat up, writing desk that although cheaply made is taken care of well,. the walls are strong but have no windows, and you are in the corner of the building the door is oak and guarded most hours of the day outside the door is a long hallway. You have to escape, tell me how. or how you got more comfortable. If you have any questions about the room for specifics please ask.

Challenge accepted.

Clarifying questions:

How many guards are there?

How long is our time frame?

Am I being observed?

Do my guards know I'm a Forger/what Forgery is?

What does the surrounding building complex look like? Is this a room in the middle of a dungeon, or a shack with a long hallway leading to the door?

-So what's at the end of that hallway and what's in the rooms surrounding me, is the question.

Fourteen guards on four hour rotations, two at a time, at least three of them are talkative. You are being held indefinably, and the guards will open the door and talk to you if they want but no observers otherwise.

your in the corner room of a rolling estate, and the hall leads to the main complex with more guards.

First attempt:

-Make a stamp to Forge the bedspread into appropriate clothing for escaping through the grounds.

-Make a stamp to turn part of the exterior wall into a door or window. Failing that, murder the mortar between the cobblestones so that the wall can be disassembled with relative ease.

-Given infinite time, spend a year or two developing a woodsman/outdoor survival and escape persona.

----

In the short-term case, wait until a less chatty/nosy pair of guards is at the door at night, then Forge the wall and bedspread and be on my merry way off the estate.

In the long term, do the above and apply the woodsman soulstamp to myself as I leave.

• 1 month later...

Firstly I'd get access to materials to make more stamps, destroy some mortar with forging, pry loose a few rocks, change them to soulstone, then I'd probably try to convince the wall that there's a secret bolthole in it, then use that.

I'd kick apart the bed frame to get a long piece of wood. I'd attempt to Forge that into some kind of weapon (staff, spear, you get the drift).

I'd Forge the door to have the interior rotted out of it, so I could break through it easily.

Lastly, I'd attempt to create what would be the most difficult stamp to make. I'd attempt to make one of the guards sympathetic and wish to help me.

-

My game plan:

Ask one of the chattier/friendlier guards in to chat, or wait for him to come in by himself. After distracting him, I'd Stamp him to make him more inclined to help me. I'd then grab my makeshift weapon and break down the door. The Stamped guard and I would overpower the other guard, and then I could steal his clothes. We'd hide his unconscious body in the cell, making sure to keep him knocked out. I'd re-Stamp the other guard as needed to keep him loyal. When the guard shift comes, I can fake being a guard and get out. After that, I stroll on out of the complex and, if possible, requisition or steal a horse so I can make a swift retreat before my ruse is discovered.

Thoughts? I think it might work.

Firstly I'd get access to materials to make more stamps, destroy some mortar with forging, pry loose a few rocks, change them to soulstone, then I'd probably try to convince the wall that there's a secret bolthole in it, then use that.

Sorry, Forging isn't Soulcasting. :/

You can't change ordinary rocks to soulstone, that's too big of a difference. The Stamp wouldn't take, at least not for very long.

Sorry, Forging isn't Soulcasting. :/

You can't change ordinary rocks to soulstone, that's too big of a difference. The Stamp wouldn't take, at least not for very long.

It's just making it into a different type of rock, change which quarry it came from or just a mix up with the builders who made the room, seems pretty plausible, plus if it changes back into stone after you carve it that's even better, it'd be harder :P

EDIT:

Also creating a soul stamp for a guard you don't know would be nearly impossible, Shai is one of the best Forgers alive and only just manages to pull it off when she has access to infinite stamps, people who know the subject well enough to talk, his journals, and test subjects. It also takes more than one stamp.

Edited by Voidus

Well, until I get clarification, this my offering:

I will forge the room's soul and make it think it housed the entrance of a secret passage that leads far away from the ground into the wilderness, to be used by the nobles who lived in the manor long ago. I'd escaped after dinner and be far away before they thought to check on me again.

• 4 weeks later...

if the floor is wooden, and assuming it is the first floor, forge a "panic room" that a nobleman had installed but was forgotten about over the years from the place being sold and trading hands. Then squirrel away some of the food from my meals into the panic room. Then one night hide in the room. Wait till guards discover my "sudden" escape, and wait till they begin to search the outlying grounds for me. Meanwhile slip out of panic room, go down the now unguarded hall way, grab a change of clothes from the servants area, and escape. 

• 2 weeks later...

Forge myself to have been bitten by a radioactive spider when I was a child.  I'm pretty sure that's all I need to do.

That is so 1940's.  Nowadays, it needs to have been a genetically modified spider.

Edited by happyman

Soulstamp myself to be dead (if this is even possible) from a non-disfiguring cause like a heart attack, and it wont have to last very long, just long enough for the guards to notice and carry me out to be buried. And then just run like crazy into the woods after the soulstamp wears off while the guards are struggling with the fact that i arose from the dead.

• Chaos locked this topic