What's YOUR Talent?

I thought the point of this thread was to come up with a new Talent that applies to you--not necessarily from the books...

Yeah, I was trying to answer your question about whether Brandon had used it.  So congratulations!  I think you got one that isn't in the books.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My Talent would be knocking things down/over. Chairs, people, vases, glass things... 

...Buildings...

"Whoops, there goes the Library of Congress!"

It would be an extremely combat-oriented talent.

• 4 weeks later...

In vocal conversation I have a the talent of every thing i say being completely forgotten. 

And people completely forgetting i am there.

Yes, this is the Talent of being ignorable. Great for infiltrating libraries!

I've been waiting to see this one in a book for a long time.

Let's see

- my laptop crashes if it is touched on the left side (it took too many hits and must have sme weak contacts)

- i brought my bike to the mechanic three times in the last year, the last one because I somehow broke the handle (I cracked the metal in 2, don't ask me how that happened)

- i also broke several mouses

- during my undergraduate thesis in chemistry, i broke more glassware than basically anyone else.

and several other minor stuff

So, I have the all-powerful breaking talent. I only need to figure out how i can control it and then i can take over the world

Mine? The fact that my intelligence is ignored (unless nobody understands it) and my lack of intelligence is paid way too much attention to.

Or... I'm witty but misunderstood?

My talant is to become completely oblivious to my surroundings while reading.

What? Sorry, I'm reading.

Mine would likely be forgetfulness. My short-term memory is awful. The disadvantages are obvious. As benefits, perhaps I could forget that I didn't know useful information. For instance, I could forget that I didn't know any martial arts. Or I could forget that I didn't know how to pilot a ship. Or I could forget that I didn't know first aid.

Forget that you don't know how to use a sword?

Warbreaker

End up like Lightsong, charging into the enemy base, being stabbed, and saying, "That was not how I expected this to go."

Edited by Stroniax

4 way speed chess- (shizmoo/tempestchess) if anyone knows what im talking about props!

Is it the one played 2v2 where when you take an opponent's piece you give it to your teammate who can place it on his chessboard on his move? That one has a different name in every country. Alas, you remind me that I haven't enjoied one in years.

Still, i fail to see how it counts as a smedry-like talent.

• 2 months later...

On a smaller scale than Alcatraz's talent (and apparently king of nowhere's talent), I kill computers.  Somewhere I even have a little icon to go with that.  

The laundry list includes:

- First laptop I ever owned, the screen one day started turning white after some time of being turned on.  For awhile it would fix itself if you shut it down and waited a few minutes before rebooting.  Eventually it really did turn into a ghost, which is what I think it wanted all along.

- First desktop I had got a virus that turned all text to gobbledeegoop.  Two friends were able to clear that off after figuring out the sypher to only have the fan go out immediately thereafter in a puff of smoke accompanied by a burning smell.  That got replaced, and I named the computer Lazarus.  Lazarus later suffered a second fan loss and recovery.  At some point I allowed him to go to his eternal rest.

- Current laptop is now dying.  The screen loves to do this flashing thing like it wants to be a strobe light.

- At my old job, I went through three computers in the six years I worked there, which is really terrible.

(Edit to add the bit about king of nowhere.)

Edited by traceria

• 3 weeks later...