What's YOUR Talent?

I can make any stop light turn red at the exact wrong time. Also, I can kill you with my brain.

If you think I didn't catch that reference, it's too bad I'm thinking of growing a big black mustache. I'm a traditionalist.

• 3 months later...

Mine would likely be forgetfulness. My short-term memory is awful. The disadvantages are obvious. As benefits, perhaps I could forget that I didn't know useful information. For instance, I could forget that I didn't know any martial arts. Or I could forget that I didn't know how to pilot a ship. Or I could forget that I didn't know first aid.

Edited by Strawberry Eggs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My talent is absent-mindedness. (Think absent-minded professor. There's a reason it's a stereotype.)

Usefulness, usefulness. Hmm. Maybe if I don't notice that something happened (like that somebody shot me), it didn't really happen! Of course, it would have to have an important caveat not to be over-powered.

• 2 months later...

I piss people off. It's seriously to the point of being supernatural. Put me in the same room with another person and I can have them spitting fire within an hour. It's mostly under control, but at toally random times I'll whip out an overly whitty insult that hits far too close to the mark, and a few minutes later I'm out the door wiht a bruised butt and a smarting sense of pride.

It's scary.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can pick up and move objects without realizing it. When I was little I constantly lost things and left lego bricks everywhere and in my high school physics class I kept stealing the kilogram masses. Some of the objects I have taken should really bo too big for me not to notice.

I can pick up and move objects without realizing it. When I was little I constantly lost things and left lego bricks everywhere and in my high school physics class I kept stealing the kilogram masses. Some of the objects I have taken should really bo too big for me not to notice.

This one is mine, too. My parents would claim I would sometimes walk through a room with something in my hands. Five minutes later, they would ask me where I put it, and I would just stare at them blankly and claim I never touched it. I honestly didn't remember it. As a Schmedry talent, that could be devastating, and more than a little surreal.

• 5 months later...

Well, I already have a Talent for speaking gibberish, looking completely ugly in the morning, tripping, loosing stuff, and breaking things. I think I just might be the greatest Smedry ever!

But coming up with one, I think my Talent would have to be singing off-key. (Note: I don't know if that's one from there series or not; I'm only half-way through book 3.)

• 1 month later...

Well, I already have a Talent for speaking gibberish, looking completely ugly in the morning, tripping, loosing stuff, and breaking things. I think I just might be the greatest Smedry ever!

But coming up with one, I think my Talent would have to be singing off-key. (Note: I don't know if that's one from there series or not; I'm only half-way through book 3.)

I don't think that one's in the books anywhere, but given what "bad dancing" is capable of, I don't think I'd want anything valuable near you...