Master List of Origins™: the Ultimate Nationality Thread

Aether

I have now added a new feature: continent counting!

The List now consists of 93 (almost 94) members. Seems like I've still got some ways to go to cover the Site membership of some two thousand.

And boy I know places in my county where you could definitely get lynched for being a communist.

I suppose I can believe that, but what made you think of that?

Also, what state? You don't have to say if you don't want to.

Edited by Aether

United States of America, more specifically, Elkhart, IN, which, fun fact, was rated as the most hopeless city in the country a few years ago in an article I can't find now. 

Well, at least it's not Witless.

Shall I add your brother as well? Does he have a user here?

United States of America, more specifically, Elkhart, IN, which, fun fact, was rated as the most hopeless city in the country a few years ago in an article I can't find now. 

Hopeless as in the town is dwindling? The people are depressed? They are all destined for damnation? No one has a good fashion sense? What exactly does the most hopeless city mean?

It was an evaluation of a ton of demographics: unemployment, average wage, general happiness. Elkhart went from having most millionaires per capita to having the highest unemployment rate in the country at the start of the recession. That's what happens when your main industry (RVs) is a combination of homes and cars when both of those industries fail.

He's not a member yet. So I wouldn't worry about it. (Just for fun, he lives in Arlingyon Virginia.)

To be more specific for me, I'm in Utah. (and how the heck did you find my first introductory post here?! That was ages ago. I even looked for it when I came back after my two year hiatus and I couldn't find it! Impressive, Aether. Impressive.)

For a couple others I noticed aren't on the List™:

RubixKube is in Utah, and Chaos is in Montana. Aaradel is in Utah. Gamma is in Ohio. Silk is in Canada (British Columbia, last I'd heard).

To be more specific for me, I'm in Utah. (and how the heck did you find my first introductory post here?! That was ages ago. I even looked for it when I came back after my two year hiatus and I couldn't find it! Impressive, Aether. Impressive.)

Oh, I have my ways. B)  But thanks! ^_^ 

And so you moved to Utah. I didn't dare to write Idaho since you said you likely wouldn't stay there for long. I did write it in invisible ink, though. Might still be there, who knows?

For a couple others I noticed aren't on the List™:

RubixKube is in Utah, and Chaos is in Montana. Aaradel is in Utah. Gamma is in Ohio. Silk is in Canada (British Columbia, last I'd heard).

I haven't included them mostly because I haven't gotten around to it yet. Since they haven't been especially forward in these Nationality Thread, I have to either rely on kind souls such as yourself or go and find them myself. I'm (very!) slowly moving through the entire library of Introduction Topics, which should let me expand the List quite a bit. I'll see if I can't add the ones you've provided later tonight.

Edited by Aether

So you know, I took that as a challenge. Unfortunately it wasn't much of one at all. I found your newer one in 30 seconds flat and the older one was barely harder. :) Not as hard as you might think, especially given how early you joined the site it was actually very easy.

And now I realize that that could appear somewhat creepy. It's just really easy to track down certain old posts on 17s.

So you know, I took that as a challenge. Unfortunately it wasn't much of one at all. I found your newer one in 30 seconds flat and the older one was barely harder. :) Not as hard as you might think, especially given how early you joined the site it was actually very easy.

It's not hard if you know how to use the advanced search-functions. Just click the cog-sign next to the search bar.

It's not hard if you know how to use the advanced search-functions. Just click the cog-sign next to the search bar.

Oh. I did not. Well that would have made it exceptionally easy instead of just really easy. :P

That kind of takes the fun out of searching for posts actually =( No challenge.

So you know, I took that as a challenge. Unfortunately it wasn't much of one at all. I found your newer one in 30 seconds flat and the older one was barely harder. :) Not as hard as you might think, especially given how early you joined the site it was actually very easy.

And now I realize that that could appear somewhat creepy. It's just really easy to track down certain old posts on 17s.

Well, my "search" pretty much just entailed looking at my previous posts and topics. And since it didn't appear, I assumed I hadn't created one. :P Hence the newer topic.

And so you moved to Utah. I didn't dare to write Idaho since you said you likely wouldn't stay there for long. I did write it in invisible ink, though. Might still be there, who knows?

I didn't even notice that. Haha. "She might've disappeared..." yeah. Almost a year ago now. Not nearly as fast as I would've liked....

'Murica, Arizona. Also, I was born in North Carolina, lived in West Virginia for a while but I've lived here for 15 years. I'm half Mexican as well as Scottish, Russian, and Native American. The Mexican and Scott are the most noticeable though. 

I feel I should count for more than " almost" being in Antarctica.

Fine. I'll upgrade you.

LOL, love the link you put next to my name  :lol:

The way you wrote where you live just made me automatically think of it.

Where did you find that picture of me?!?! That woman and I are not on very friendly terms anymore and I have tried to delete all evidence of our friendship since. She accused me of giving her leprosy. So racist.

I can remove it if you'd like, but it's honestly just a huge coincidence I even found it. I just googled "Texas fun" and stumbled upon it. Sorry if it gave you a start!

Edited by Aether