Overpowered Combos

Left

Overpowered Magic Combinations!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Which World's Magics would you pick

Scadrial + Nalthis

-

1. Allomancy + Feruchemy (And let's not forget the cookies) are already a very potent combination.

2. Breath is awesome. You can use it to power Allomancy, it gives you some nice all-around enhancements, like immortality, too.

3. Awakening your clothes to make yourself even more OP. Stronger, longer reach (rope fingers for the win), and you can Awaken a Mistcloak to do a variety of useful things.

4. You can be all glow-y and colour-distorty.

Scadrial and Roshar, but not for what most would think. I want Feruchemy + Soulcasting. 

Mostly though I want Roshar's rather easy and abundant access to Investiture via Stormlight. They literally carry it around as their money. With a Nicrosil Mind (easy enough to get via Soulcasting, even if I can't naturally get one easily), I can store that raw investiture and use it to power all of my feruchemy effectively endlessly, with no real upper limit. I'm immortal via Atium and Gold, impossibly strong and fast from Pewter and Steel, a genius via Zinc, a perfect social butterfly via Duralumin with many friends, and the luckiest son of a bitch around via Cadmium so nothing ever really goes wrong for me. And with regular access to stormlight (I'll just sit through a Highstorm tapping Gold to cover whatever excess damage my natural Stormlight abilities can't take), I never need to suffer through the process of actually filling metal minds.

Scadrial and Roshar, but not for what most would think. I want Feruchemy + Soulcasting. 

Mostly though I want Roshar's rather easy and abundant access to Investiture via Stormlight. They literally carry it around as their money. With a Nicrosil Mind (easy enough to get via Soulcasting, even if I can't naturally get one easily), I can store that raw investiture and use it to power all of my feruchemy effectively endlessly, with no real upper limit. I'm immortal via Atium and Gold, impossibly strong and fast from Pewter and Steel, a genius via Zinc, a perfect social butterfly via Duralumin with many friends, and the luckiest son of a bitch around via Cadmium so nothing ever really goes wrong for me. And with regular access to stormlight (I'll just sit through a Highstorm tapping Gold to cover whatever excess damage my natural Stormlight abilities can't take), I never need to suffer through the process of actually filling metal minds.

You'd run out during the Weeping and we don't really know how much Stormlight you'd need especially if you were to compound it further.

You'd run out during the Weeping and we don't really know how much Stormlight you'd need especially if you were to compound it further.

This is mostly based on the assumption that most forms of investiture are at least roughly equal. 

I would need to skimp a bit during the Weeping, but that's only a few weeks per year. Just make sure to store up a bit extra in prep. Even without easy access to Stormlight though, Nicrosil Feruchemy has such easy access to investiture it's painful. As I understand it, I could store one type of attribute and through a Nicrosil Mind intermediary, convert it to a more useful one. So walk around at 75% weight like Wax and then take that excess and put it into all the others as needed.

This is mostly based on the assumption that most forms of investiture are at least roughly equal. 

I would need to skimp a bit during the Weeping, but that's only a few weeks per year. Just make sure to store up a bit extra in prep. Even without easy access to Stormlight though, Nicrosil Feruchemy has such easy access to investiture it's painful. As I understand it, I could store one type of attribute and through a Nicrosil Mind intermediary, convert it to a more useful one. So walk around at 75% weight like Wax and then take that excess and put it into all the others as needed.

Feruchemical nicrosil definitely seems OP from what we know of it.

Yeah, it's basically the answer to unlimited power in every aspect of Feruchemy since there are plenty of rather useless things that can be stored (or rather things that you wouldn't horribly miss while storing). That on top of the ability to take investiture from other power sources as well is just nuts.

I'm personally hoping we are going to see some stringent riders put on this power when it finally presents itself in the second trilogy.

From what we know it can essantially decode Investure and then recode it to other metalminds (or whatever form of magic is available to you).

How about giving Nightblood a gigantic Nicrosilmind and letting him go to town?

Sel has the easiest access to Investiture IMO, it's definitely what I'd use as fuel.

Sel's access to Investiture though seems rather unreliable and is dependent on location. Taking Roshar's seems far more reliable. Even if you don't get a chance to recharge during a Highstorm, it's in their money which they also use as lamps.

Edited by killersquirrel59

Sel's access to Investiture though seems rather unreliable and is dependent on location. Taking Roshar's seems far more reliable. Even if you don't get a chance to recharge during a Highstorm, it's in their money which they also use as lamps.

That´s still a limited amount of Investure you can only hold for a limited amount of time, has to be collected and it comes irregulary to boot. You may have to stay in one location but in that location Sel certainly is the most reliable and I suppose it should be possible to redesign your power beacon for other locations.

It's mostly for the fact that my combination is based on taking that energy and channeling that extra into everything else. If I'm based on Sel Investiture for that, the only way I can get more is to go back to Elantris. If I'm based on Roshar, almost anywhere in the world will give me another supply of Investiture in a few days, and in the meantime I can suck it out of money. Even though there is more on Sel, it's far easier to get it when I need it on Roshar.

It's mostly for the fact that my combination is based on taking that energy and channeling that extra into everything else. If I'm based on Sel Investiture for that, the only way I can get more is to go back to Elantris. If I'm based on Roshar, almost anywhere in the world will give me another supply of Investiture in a few days, and in the meantime I can suck it out of money. Even though there is more on Sel, it's far easier to get it when I need it on Roshar.

The Dor still provides Investiture outside of Elantris, it's just weakened, but given you could draw as many Aons as you want, so it's still infinite over time, you just can't release as much all at once, combining that with Feruchemy's ability to store it over time is actually a really awesome combination IMO.

The Dor still provides Investiture outside of Elantris, it's just weakened, but given you could draw as many Aons as you want, so it's still infinite over time, you just can't release as much all at once, combining that with Feruchemy's ability to store it over time is actually a really awesome combination IMO.

Voidus pretty much said it all. Why rely on someone else having Investure lying around when you can store it in you magical battery and go all TLR with extra AonDor support.

That is true. I guess I never thought about the fact that the Dor was still providing Investiture, just at a lower rate. However, do we know how far from Elantris this power extends though? As I understood it, AonDor was only possible in the immediate vicinity of Elantris, at least only in Arelon and Teod if not only in Elantris itself. No real potential to travel if that is the case. Though the sheer insane power of being an Elantrian Feruchemist might just be worth it.

Plus if I can pick any powers in the forms they come prepackaged in on their native worlds, I'd be an Elsecaller Radiant anyway, so I can Soulcast the materials I need and transport myself wherever I need to be when I need to be there.

It requires some tricks to use elsewhere but it's not impossible, it's not to do with Elantris so much as the Aons from my understanding, since they're based on the Arelish landscape that's where they'd work.
Elantrians are awesome because they're basically multiple KR orders combined, they can teleport, transform things, cast illusions and heal

I suppose it is true that the Investiture on Sel would have to be able to function anywhere. Otherwise the Dakhor monks wouldn't have been able to use their bizarre abilities in the invasion of Arelon. Also Forgery seems to work anywhere just fine. So it isn't a limitation of the nature of Investiture on Sel that restricts area, just a restriction of AonDor. 

Definitely Roshar and Scadrial, be a Windrunner or Skybreaker and Feruchemically store investiture while flying around in a highstorm. Seems like an easy way to fill a metalmind with as much stormlight as i might need.

Hadn't thought of that... take an upvote, sir.

I would take Scadrial and Roshar, because being a Mistborn with the ability to Soulcast an unlimited metal supply would be just awesome.