Overpowered Combos

Left

Overpowered Magic Combinations!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Which World's Magics would you pick

If you could choose to have not one, but two different world's magics available to you. Which would you choose?

I only wrote the shard worlds because writing out all the combinations of magics would take up to many places, so you only actually get one of the magics from each world. Only Allomancy or Ferochemy for instance. I'm counting the individual KR orders as individual magics so you can't be a Skybreaker and Lightweaver.

Please write which magic systems and why. :)

I had to choose Roshar, because the element that drives the magic is easily obtainable. Scadrial's magic is so cool that I had to choose this one too. But my point is that I don't know where to mine most of the metals myself, so i'm dependent. I wouldn't want that. Roshar magic seems a bit OP too. The combination would be so so much fun. 

I voted Roshar/Scadrial.
I'd be a Fabriel user, assuming that Porridges theory about three systems of magic on Roshar is true. It let's me basically copy the surges without being limited by spren/honor blades.
I also chose mistborn for Scadrial so that I can fly, and because I think that it has some major cosmerical applications that we don't know of.

Edit:Changed cosmetic to cosmerical

Edited by CalebTheGeek

I'm going to pick Scadrial and Nalthis. Feruchemy is my Investiture of choice, while Awakening could conceivably have the funnest applications (like creating a wisecracking Lifeless squirrel sidekick with the command "be snarky".)

In addition, I'd love to see how using FeruNicrosil would affect the strength of my Breaths. And the passive benefits of the Heightenings would be great to have. Combine it with FeruTin, and you never need to fear ninjas again. This is an important consideration.

The Lord Ruler package always seemed like the deal for me, due to its sheer power and versatility.

I think Forging plus Awakening could be an incredibly subtle and versatile art. For instance, notice that it should take perhaps less work to fully animate a Lifeless with forging than a vegetable...

Windrunning plus double-iron twinborn = Newton's Nightmare. 'Nough said. (By storing weight, you could also make your Stormlight last much longer, and in a high-metal environment, you could use Lashings to power your flight while doing course corrections with ironpulls and weight manipulation. You could fly at a metal pole, store weight, pull on the pole, and do an acrobatic flip as if anchored to it.)

AonDor (ie being an Elantrian) plus being a Mistborn would be pretty cool. AonDor is the most abusable magic system, but it takes time to prepare. If you're attacked, you can defend yourself with some quick and dirty allomancy. Need something more complex? Pop up a time bubble, draw your Aons, and wham.

Alternatively, being a Windrunner/Elantrian is pretty cool since you get a shardblade, but it doesn't have the time bubbles, which are super useful if you use AonDor.

I honestly think Scadrial on it's own is overpowered. If you become a Mistborn and have full Feruchemy than you are basically unstoppable. Roshar/Scadrial is most likely next if you just a Mistborn with Shardblade/plate against basically invincible. 

In terms of fun or utility Nalthis and Scadrial seems cool. You get all the potential of breath along with some cool things from Feruchemy or Alomancy. 

Scadrial and Roshar. Scadrial for Hemalurgy and Roshar for all those surges (I believe they will count to thirty, isn´t it?).
Soon I would be Sylar Knight (yeah, yeah... Heroes reference)

Can I use stromlight to increase my physical abilities (particularly increased healing) , and store those inside a metalmind? If so, I'd pick the jasnah brand of radiant and full feruchemist. Soulcasting, teleportation, and the next best thing to being a compounder in all 16 metals.

I think it works more like you start storing health into your metalmind while holding stormlight. The stormlight heals you as you store so you can store for as long as you have stormlight. The destination is the same, but the journey is different.

Hard choice. Feruchemy/Lightweaver or Elsecaller, at least if I'm stuck on Roshar. You can power the Feruchemy through Stormlight, and you can create the metals you need via Soulcasting. What's not to love?

Oh, and there's the fun fact that you can sit in a highstorm and Soulcast a bunch of nicrosil from air, all the while storing the ridiculous amounts of Investiture you get from the storm into the nicrosil. Easy way to get ridiculous amounts of Stormlight stored.

Edited by Moogle

You guys aren't fully reading the Opening post. You only get one magic system from each Planet.

I only wrote the shard worlds because writing out all the combinations of magics would take up to many places, so you only actually get one of the magics from each world. Only Allomancy or Ferochemy for instance. I'm counting the individual KR orders as individual magics so you can't be a Skybreaker and Lightweaver.

If we could have all of that worlds Magics, we all go with The Lord Ruler package+.

Awakening and Forging, then. You can do some really subtle things with both - for example, forging yourself to have studied Awakening with a master and knowing all the commands, or forging a drained object to be coloured still.

Roshar+Scadrial: Elsecaller and Mistborn. Being able to Soulcast and Teleport, along with the power of a mistborn. Run out of Coins? Oh look, I just made some. Run out of metal? Here's a drink. 

Can you Forge a spike to have killed someone in the past, for humane Hemalurgy?

Likely not. You can't Soulcast atium/lerasium because they have Investiture, and Hemalurgic spikes have Investiture. You might be able to change a spike to have stolen a different attribute, though.

Can you Forge a spike to have killed someone in the past, for humane Hemalurgy?

I've been thinking along those lines, based on the Ars Arcanum in the Alloy of Law. The author says something about the potential for using Hemalurgy effectively on Sel. If you couldn't stamp a spike, could you forge yourself an Inquisitor identity?

As for the question at hand, I would go with a Radiant/Mistborn combination. I'm not sure which order of Radiant I would choose, though. I need a better idea of what the other orders can do. Steelpushing and Ironpulling approximate flight just about as well as controlling Gravitation, so that seems redundant. Mistborn powers are already great for fighting, so it wouldn't need to be one of the more martial orders.

I've been thinking along those lines, based on the Ars Arcanum in the Alloy of Law. The author says something about the potential for using Hemalurgy effectively on Sel. If you couldn't stamp a spike, could you forge yourself an Inquisitor identity?

When does it specifically refer to Sel as a good place for Hemalurgy? I remember the Author stating that it could be useful for the Cosmere at large, but I can't remember a specific reference to Selish Hemalurgy.

I'm loving a lot of the combinations but I would like to remind people that you get access to a magic system the same way people in book do. This means that you can't be a Fullborn, Dakhor Monk/ Elantrian, or have access to all ten surges.

I'm not fussing at anyone in particular but I think a lot of you didn't read the opening post.

Thanks to Joe for helping me notice this.