Weekly Submissions: How many is too many?

Silk

We've had a busy few weeks submission-wise, with six or seven people submitting weekly for the last couple of weeks, and I'm wanting everyone's feedback on whether it's too busy. It would be nice to be able to accomodate everyone during busier weeks, but only if it works. So, what do you guys think: Does it? Did you find that you were getting enough feedback with the increased numbers? Did you have trouble keeping up (though of course, you don't have to respond to every critique every week). Let me know what you think.

My opinion should count for little since I'm currently not what you would call an active member. But were I actually critiquing, I still wouldn't be able to keep up with 6-7 submissions per week. I'd end up doing two to four, and maybe possibly getting to the rest at some hypothetical future time where submissions are few and free time is abundant. In other words, I would never get to them.

Of course, RE has never worked on the expectation that everyone will crit everything, but during the times that I've been active I've always tried hard so to do. It never felt right to expect others to crit me if I didn't reciprocate.

Thanks for the feedback, all--sounds like we're pretty much unanimous in thinking five is a good number. We'll try that out for a while. :)

(If you meant to comment and haven't had a chance yet, I'll still be checking this thread, so don't feel that the ship has sailed.)