Cosmere Soundtrack

I'm new around here, so apologies as this is probably a repetition of previous discussions, but would anyone like to share their favourite soundtrack albums for reading Brandon's works ?

I remember reading a while back that Brandon wrote one of the Mistborn books to the soundtrack of the M. Night Shyamalan film "The Village". Personally, I rather enjoyed some Jeremy Soule music whilst thrilling to the adventures of Vin and Elend & co in that blasted land, in the form of the soundtrack from Skyrim (note - I never played the actual computer game, so the music was fresh for me and not associated with anything pre-existing, which is probably why it worked so well).

Mistborn Era 2, and what a pleasure is a 'reading night'  featuring top- notch Wax & Wayne banter to the strains of the soundtrack of "Westworld" (Season 1), washed down by a sharp whisky. 

When it comes to what is surely Brandon's 'magnum opus' in the form of The Stormlight Archive, I suggest Jeremy Soule's "Fear Not This Night" as excellent 'title' music to commence an evening reading The Way of Kings, but above and beyond that I highly recommend the albums of Audiomachine, which appear to have been specifically written as scores for epic fantasy books. Their album "Tree of Life" appears almost to have been written to be synchronised with the climatic sequence of The Way of Kings (start listening to tracks 3 - 5, "An Unfinished Life" to "Equinox" as Kaladin teeters on the brink of doing the right thing). I would also recommend their other albums "Epica" and "Existence" and for Oathbringer's amazing final chapters a particular sequence from the album "Life" featuring the very aptly entitled tracks -  "Reunited", "Remember Not to Forget", "Try Again Tomorrow", "The Falling", "Radiant", "All Is Not Lost" and "Life Imitates Art". Blast *that* music out as you stand with Dalinar in the gap in the wall...brilliant stuff. 

Or should that be, radiant ? 

You can also find the album if you search “Kaladin” on YouTube.  But pleeeease buy the album if you like the music .  The more money it makes the more likely it is they’ll do a sequel album for WoR.  And I would give up an arm (Lopen joke) to get another album

• Chaos locked this topic