The doors of the Grand Peacock opened, sending music and laughter spilling out into the night. It had been a great day in Babylon Restored. A new governor had been appointed in the city and some sense of Democracy was finally taking place in the Fractured states with the passing of Calamity.

“A toast!” Governor Green held his glass in the air to make another speech. (After all, that is what politicians do best.)

“I'd like to thank everyone who had a part in my campaign. Soon, not only our city, but the rest of the world will be restored to a stable place for our children to grow up in. No longer will we live in fear of…”

Screams rang through the banquet hall as Governor Green slumped against the table, a gleaming dagger protruding from his back. A note attached to the hilt read “We are the rightful rulers. All who challenge us will meet the same fate.

Welcome to QF34: Reckoners CLUE

You will all be suspects of the Governor's murder. The lynch is for voting who will be interrogated next by the police. The game takes place in the hotel where the murder happened.

Essentially the game is CLUE set in the Reckoner’s world, so it would be fitting if you chose a name accordingly, but don’t have to. :P (i.e. Miss Maroon, Baron Buttermilk, Lady Lilac) Have fun!

Spoiler

Factions:

1. The Democrats (The Village) You are trying to return Democracy to the Fractured States. (Win condition- Catch(by the “lynch”) or kill all of the “Rightful Rulers”.)

2. The Rightful Rulers (The Eliminators) You believe that the Epics should still be in power. (Win condition- Kill, or outnumber all of the Democrats.)

General Rules:

• Cycles will be 24 hours

• There will be no PMs, unless you have a mobile (item).

• The Elims will have a private doc in which to communicate.

• The Elims will have one kill per cycle.

• A tied lynch will result in a coin flip.

• When a player dies, the means of death and the room will be noted in the writeup.

• The standard elim kill will be revealed as another victim of the “Rightful Rulers”. (But, if an elim kills a player with an item it will not be stated in the writeup that it was them.)

• There will be four “Rooms” in which you can stay at the hotel during the investigation: The Dining Room, The Kitchen, The Living Quarters, and The Ballroom.

• The first cycle will start the players randomly in one of these rooms.

• You will receive a list of the other players in the room with you at the beginning of each cycle.

• You may only target the other players (with your actions) who are in the same room as you for that cycle. (excluding the “mobile” item, which may be used to talk to any player in any room)

• To change rooms you must send in an order to your GM telling them which room you would like to move to for the next cycle.

• You may stay in any room for as long as you like.

• You may still vote on players, and make pms (with a mobile) with other players not in your room.

• All items are a one time use. (Excluding mobiles)

• Epic powers may only be used once per cycle.

• You may not pass an item to another player, but you can drop an item. It will be given to a random player in the room at the start of the next cycle.

• If a player is “lynched”, any items they were holding will be confiscated by the police. (taken out of the game)

Epic Powers:

1. Phasing- May move to a different room during the cycle. No one will be told that you have changed rooms. (If someone put in an action against you, it will fail because you aren’t there anymore.) You will lose any items you had if you phase.

2. X-Ray Vision- You can see player's items.

3. Mind Control- Control someone’s mind for the “lynch”. (move a vote)

4. Steel- You are invulnerable to weapons because you can turn your body to steel. (can only be removed from the game by the “lynch”) (You can’t die. You can only be cleared, or put in prison.)

5. Illusion- Your actions cannot be detected, or you may tell the GM what you wish for a “scanner” to see that cycle. (i.e. This player took no actions, or This player used a mobile, etc.) You must send in an action to your GM pm to use this power, but you don’t have to choose to give specifics. Saying “I’d like to use Illusion this cycle.” is fine. The default message will show that you didn’t take any actions, if someone scans you.

6. Invisibility- you can see what actions a player took.

Items:

1. Gun- kills one player of your choice

2. Poison- kills one player of your choice. (Delayed death for one cycle)

3. Knife- kills one player of your choice

4. Mobile- make as many PMs as you like (one-on-one PMs only.)

5. Smoke Grenade- Hide yourself and everyone inside your room from “scanners”

6. Protection Vest- protects you from kill actions (one time use)

Order of Events:

1. Phasing, Illusion, and Steel

2. Smoke Grenade and Protection Vest

3. Other items and abilities

4. Kills and Lynch

5. Room changes

red_1539900000.png

Player List:

1. Elandera- Raven
2. Kidpen- Doctor Dandelion 
3. Mr. Doctor- Sir Sabien
4. Shqueeves- Senõr Shqueeves 
5. Devotary- Major Muave
6. Crimsn- Shaman Sky
7. I think I am here- Aristocrat Azure
8. Stink- Supreme Slovenly 
9. Drought- Zär Zaffre
10. Snipexe- Sapphire Snip
11. DeathClutch19- Commodore Clutch
12. Sart- Father Fuchsia 
13. Megasif- Mega
14. Xinoehp512- Naidiriv
15. Cadmium Compounder- Colonel Ketchup 
16. Coop- Oscar Ocean 
17. Gancho Libre- Bro Beige 

Quick Links:

Edited by Fifth Scholar

Sir Sabien Ash rose from his seat with unhurried poise. The nervousness of the other guests did not touch him. If anything, the sharp apprehension that one could almost smell seemed to make his lipless grin even wider. He showed his white teeth to the room as he stood at his full height, adjusting the cuffs on his deep maroon suit and tightening his tie.

“Well,” he said, staring around at the other guests. “This looks like a fine mess. I wager we’ll all be mincemeat come supper.”

Sabien Ash's grin grew wider still.

I have two projects to do, two assignments to finish, an exam to study for, and a job to find. In other words, I have barely any time, so let’s do this as Sir Sabien, the reclusive owner of Babylon Restored’s meat works. If I'm going to go crazy then my character might as well be crazy, too.

I will be Major Mauve, a former Enforcer in Steelheart's Newcago. Having narrowly escaped the massacre at Enforcement Headquarters by virtue of judicious cowardice, Mauve aimlessly wandered the eastern coastline of the Fractured States, trying his best to avoid Epics. Recently, he decided to stay in Babylon Restored for a few nights, and already regrets his decision.

Does it require a full cycle's worth of actions to change rooms, either for the general room switch or the Epic phasing? I assume that regular room switching occurs after kills, such that players can't dodge kills by switching rooms.

Are players that drop items eligible to randomly receive them at the start of the next cycle? Can items lost by phasing be picked up, or are they removed from the game?

9 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Does it require a full cycle's worth of actions to change rooms, either for the general room switch or the Epic phasing? I assume that regular room switching occurs after kills, such that players can't dodge kills by switching rooms.

Are players that drop items eligible to randomly receive them at the start of the next cycle? Can items lost by phasing be picked up, or are they removed from the game?

There is no limit on how many actions you can take. Only that you can take each action you have once per cycle.

Yes room changing comes last in the order of actions. Realized I should add that last night after I went to bed.

Yes, if they are still in the room they have a chance of getting the items back.

Items lost by phasing will follow the same rule as items dropped intentionally.

1 hour ago, STINK said:

Is this a passive that protects you from one 'kill' or an active that stops all 'kills' for just that cycle?

Passive protection from one kill attempt only.

"Supreme Slovenly at your service, it seems that there is a simple matter of Justice to be upheld? I have previous experience with the police in such things, I'm sure this kind of thing will blow over quickly."

As the name suggests, Supreme Slovenly is quite supreme. Supreme in what? Well, that would be quite telling. Suffice to say, Supreme Slovenly is at least a master of repetition and commas. What else? Ah wait, I've already said I can't say too much.

A shame, that.

3 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

I'd like to sign up!

I've never read the Reckoners. So My RP may be little to none, but sign me up as Colonel Ketchup!

It's alright if you haven't. It's basically only a murder mystery with super powers. Just put it in the Reckonerverse so I could do that :P

Windrunner looked around. "Well, this is quite the state of affairs. This is why I didn't bother with lackeys, they're just a waste of time." He says this under his breath, seeming to not realize he said it in the presence of several lesser beings Epics. Oscar Ocean, or Windrunner, is a High epic from Japan who came here around the time of Calamity's defeat. Known about him is his cruelty both before during and after Calamity, and hyperspeed, flight, meh level danger sense, and [REDACTED] (he has hidden powers but you don't know that :P). Finding anyone who knows his real name is about as impressive as catching him. That is all, mortals