Did Preservation author the Terris prophecies?

Ripheus23

Yep, he did.

Chaos

How were the Terris Prophecies created in the first place? Every other magic related thing is quite logically explained in terms of Ruin and Preservation, except that one.

Brandon Sanderson

The Terris prophecies were created by Preservation before he attempted his imprisonment. He knew that he wouldn't be able to do much for the world after he did what he did, and he foresaw a LOT of what was to come.

source

But what I continually wonder, and have ASKED MULTIPLE TIMES WITHOUT EVER GETTING ANY KIND OF ANSWER, is how exactly did Preservation create them? This has never been answered as far as I know, and I've never seen anyone ask it either. What was the exact process through which Preservation formed the Prophecies in the first place? It's not like he could have whispered it into people's minds, but that Ruin's thing. Preservation only hears. Did he use his special knife to carve the words into a surface in the Physical Realm, even though that seems like it would be against his Intent? How did he do it?

18 hours ago, RShara said:

Well we don't have a definitive answer for it, but he could have easily just formed a physical body and wrote them, or appeared to someone and had them write them.

I think there are clear hints that Hoid was involved.

The pre-FE Terris religious leaders and repositories of knowledge (like Kwaan) were "Worldbringers", all of who were Feruchemists, though not all Feruchemists were Worldbringers (as Rashek and his mates were simply packmen).

Kwaan, and presumably his Worldbringer peers, were Realmatically aware; there is some link between Worldbringers and the Worldsingers of Roshar: and Hoid "has a relationship" with the Worldsingers (even taking on Sigzil as an "apprentice Worldsinger").

And when we see Hoid meet Kelsier at the Well of Ascension in the Cognitive Realm Mistborn: Secret History, he is surprised (not expecting Kelsier to have avoided going Beyond by getting "ghosted" and put into the Well by Preservation), and comments that "...you are not supposed to be here. You did what I needed you to, but you're a wild card I'd rather not deal with right now." Meaning, Hoid was part of the machinations to engineer Rashek's downfall that would lead to the freeing of Ruin and Ati's eventual "canceling out" by Vin. As told in the Terris Prophecies.

Edited by robardin
oops, the ancient Terris group were the "bringers" not "singers"!

53 minutes ago, robardin said:

I think there are clear hints that Hoid was involved.

The pre-FE Terris religious leaders and repositories of knowledge (like Kwaan) were "Worldsingers", all of who were Feruchemists, though not all Feruchemists were Worldsingers (as Rashek and his mates were simply packmen).

Kwaan, and presumably his Worldsinger peers, were Realmatically aware; there is some link between Worldbringers and the Worldsingers of Roshar: and Hoid "has a relationship" with the Worldsingers (even taking on Sigzil as an "apprentice Worldsinger").

And when we see Hoid meet Kelsier at the Well of Ascension in the Cognitive Realm Mistborn: Secret History, he is surprised (not expecting Kelsier to have avoided going Beyond by getting "ghosted" and put into the Well by Preservation), and comments that "...you are not supposed to be here. You did what I needed you to, but you're a wild card I'd rather not deal with right now." Meaning, Hoid was part of the machinations to engineer Rashek's downfall that would lead to the freeing of Ruin and Ati's eventual "canceling out" by Vin. As told in the Terris Prophecies.

Probably in exchange for access to Preservation's magic, honestly.

19 hours ago, Firerust said:

But what I continually wonder, and have ASKED MULTIPLE TIMES WITHOUT EVER GETTING ANY KIND OF ANSWER, is how exactly did Preservation create them?

Aha! Now my ad hoc theory becomes less so. My theory is that Preservation brought copies of books from Yolen, books that Scadrial's future history was partly based on. Or he created copies of the books along with the world. Or something :ph34r:

• Chaos locked this topic