• Announcements

• Chaos

Oathbringer Spoiler Policy   11/13/2017

Oathbringer is out! Let's make our policy on spoilers clear! 1. You must preface topics with Oathbringer spoilers with the prefix [OB] in the front 2. You are only allowed to post spoilers and spoiler topics in the Oathbringer Spoiler Board, Cosmere Theories, and some select work-related forums. 3. For posts in the Oathbringer Spoiler Board you do not need to use spoiler tags inside a topic marked [OB]. For Cosmere Theories, you also do not need to put spoiler tags inside your topic if the topic has [OB] in the title. However, for Cosmere Theories, if you are adding Oathbringer stuff to an old theory without the [OB] tag, those must go in spoiler tags and you must make it obvious outside the spoiler tag that the spoiler is regarding Oathbringer content. 4. For select things that do require talking about OB spoilers, in Events, Coppermind, and Arcanum forums, those are allowed but keep OB spoilers in spoiler tags 5. Avoid and minimize spoilers in topic titles--even though those two boards will not appear in the Recent Topics ticker, topic titles still appear in Recent Activity and the forum home.  6. You aren't allowed to post Oathbringer spoilers in places other than listed, even with spoiler tags.  It will be nine months and then the Oathbringer board will be re-merged with the Stormlight board and you will not need to tag these spoilers. If you'd like to move something in the Stormlight Archive board to the Oathbringer board, to update it with new Oathbringer information, Report the post and we will happily move it to the Oathbringer spoiler board. Part-by-part Reactions Though the Oathbringer Spoiler Board will be very spoilery, very fast (maybe don't come there until you've read the book, as people do have copies that bookstores sold early), you'll have these five topics for reactions if you want to nerd out: Part 1 Reactions
      Part 2 Reactions
      Part 3 Reactions
      Part 4 Reactions
      Full Book Reactions For parts 1-4, they will not include the interludes immediately following it. On Discord All Oathbringer spoilers on Discord will be exclusively in the #oathbringer_spoilers channel for the nine month spoiler period and nowhere else.
Silk

Email List and Submission Dates

1,916 posts in this topic

Apologies all, I'm not going to sub this week after all. Between DVpit and the book launch for ASD, I can barely think straight.

"Hello, hello..." *tap*, *tap*. "Is this thing on? Anybody? Nobody, really?"

Sorry! Life is crazy hectic right now and I maybe just agreed to do two new books...

Wouldn't you know, usually? Your publisher didn't get you drunk to get you to sign something, did he?
(Congrats on the potential book deal, anyway)

On 17/10/2017 at 3:01 AM, kais said:

Sorry!

Hey @kais, no need to apologise. We don't expect to give us something to read every week!!

I'll forestall congratulations until it's a done deal. Superstition, and all that... (fiction or non-?)

Edited by Robinski

On 10/17/2017 at 9:53 PM, Robinski said:

(fiction or non-?)

Little bit of this, little bit of that, some things I can't talk about yet... :ph34r:

Uhh I know this is late but since it doesn't look like anyone else is submitting I guess I could toss out a piece tomorrow, if that's all right. I'm not sure if it's a story I want to do anything big with, but since submissions have been a little slow I figure why not?

So yeah. If it's okay, I have a story to submit for October 23rd.

3 hours ago, Wisps of Aether said:

So yeah. If it's okay, I have a story to submit for October 23rd.

Yes, please do. Please, please do. Go ahead. Submit two if you like :) 

(That's how quiet it is!!)

If I may, I've got a story to submit on the 13th.

Edited by WritingAubergine

Yes, yes please. Please submit, please, please do. I think I may have forgotten how to download a file from an email*  :lol: 

Please forgive the over-dramatising. I do tend to exaggerate a million times more than anyone else I know.

Edited by Robinski

A Very new writer here, and first time submitting. Can I put a submission in for the 13th?

8 hours ago, MasterJack said:

A Very new writer here, and first time submitting. Can I put a submission in for the 13th?

Hello there, Master Jack - pleased to make your acquaintance, I'm sure :) 

Can I just check that you read the guidelines in the pinned thread? There are a few pointers and 'rules' in there for perusal, nothing too hard and heavy. Then, please send me a PM with the email address that you want to use on here, and I will add you to the circulation list.

Normally, we ask that new contributors spend a couple of weeks critiquing others before they submit, just to get the hang of things. However, on the basis that we're super quiet at the moment because of NaNoWriMo, it will be just fine for your to submit on Monday 13th. Main factor to note is to stick to the 5,000 word limit (+say 10%, minus as much as you like), and to critique the other submissions that week, of which it looks like we will have one, maybe two.

Welcome aboard!!

5 hours ago, Robinski said:

Hello there, Master Jack - pleased to make your acquaintance, I'm sure :) 

Can I just check that you read the guidelines in the pinned thread? There are a few pointers and 'rules' in there for perusal, nothing too hard and heavy. Then, please send me a PM with the email address that you want to use on here, and I will add you to the circulation list.

Normally, we ask that new contributors spend a couple of weeks critiquing others before they submit, just to get the hang of things. However, on the basis that we're super quiet at the moment because of NaNoWriMo, it will be just fine for your to submit on Monday 13th. Main factor to note is to stick to the 5,000 word limit (+say 10%, minus as much as you like), and to critique the other submissions that week, of which it looks like we will have one, maybe two.

Welcome aboard!!

Sounds good! I read the submission guidelines and rules. I'm happy (and indeed super excited) to critique others stories, as long as they aren't explicit or gratuitously violent. 

5 minutes ago, MasterJack said:

Sounds good! I read the submission guidelines and rules. I'm happy (and indeed super excited) to critique others stories, as long as they aren't explicit or gratuitously violent. 

Noted. That is very much what our tagging system is there for, of course. Also, in addition to using the LSVD tags, we find the authors often add some context to explain why they have tagged a submission in a particular way. So, hopefully that will help too. I'll just go add you to the list. (Sounds of footsteps running down stones stairs; a door opens and closes; sound of a horse galloping, the wind in the trees; an owl hoots; distant hoofbeats approach; a horse clatters into a courtyard; a door opens and closes; sounds of feet running up stairs...)

There, that's done: you're good to go!!!

Ahhh.. pretty quiet around here. Definitely looks like NanoWrimo to me. ;)