Email List and Submission Dates

Silk

5 hours ago, Robinski said:

Hello there, Master Jack - pleased to make your acquaintance, I'm sure :) 

Can I just check that you read the guidelines in the pinned thread? There are a few pointers and 'rules' in there for perusal, nothing too hard and heavy. Then, please send me a PM with the email address that you want to use on here, and I will add you to the circulation list.

Normally, we ask that new contributors spend a couple of weeks critiquing others before they submit, just to get the hang of things. However, on the basis that we're super quiet at the moment because of NaNoWriMo, it will be just fine for your to submit on Monday 13th. Main factor to note is to stick to the 5,000 word limit (+say 10%, minus as much as you like), and to critique the other submissions that week, of which it looks like we will have one, maybe two.

Welcome aboard!!

Sounds good! I read the submission guidelines and rules. I'm happy (and indeed super excited) to critique others stories, as long as they aren't explicit or gratuitously violent. 

5 minutes ago, MasterJack said:

Sounds good! I read the submission guidelines and rules. I'm happy (and indeed super excited) to critique others stories, as long as they aren't explicit or gratuitously violent. 

Noted. That is very much what our tagging system is there for, of course. Also, in addition to using the LSVD tags, we find the authors often add some context to explain why they have tagged a submission in a particular way. So, hopefully that will help too. I'll just go add you to the list. (Sounds of footsteps running down stones stairs; a door opens and closes; sound of a horse galloping, the wind in the trees; an owl hoots; distant hoofbeats approach; a horse clatters into a courtyard; a door opens and closes; sounds of feet running up stairs...)

There, that's done: you're good to go!!!

8 hours ago, MasterJack said:

I would like to submit this week if that's cool, and I promise I won't spam your inboxes with FOUR emails this week! -_-

Go for it, Masterjack. The Nano-malaise continues. I'd like to apologise personally for not critiquing your submission last week, and also to @WritingAubergine. I'll get to those subs, I promise, but it will be December... :unsure:

7 minutes ago, Master OoklaJack said:

I'm really enjoying submitting and critiquing (although due to NaNoWriMo that's only happened once) and I'd like to submit again on Monday, if that's cool. ;)

Pleased that you're enjoying the group in this slightly becalmed state. It's looking clear for Monday so far, although we may have one new member, making a whole 2 submissions!! It is only Wednesday though. If it fills up all of a sudden we can review closer to the time.

On 12/2/2017 at 5:40 PM, Silk said:

Looks like it hasn't so far, but give it a week or two and I suspect things will pick up again now that NaNo is over. :) Just MasterJack for Monday so far then?

About that... I haven't had made time to write this week.

I may submit if I have make time to write tomorrow, but don't be surprised if I don't.

If I submit, it'll be later in the afternoon or evening. 

I hope that's okay :unsure:

Edited by Master OoklaJack

1 hour ago, Silk said:

@Master OoklaJack it happens! We try not to do too many submissions mid-week but I can always add you to the list for next Monday. That would get us up to three--you, @kais, and new member @ICanDream.

I didn't mean mid-week. I meant if I got to it I would submit later that Monday, which didn't happen... Sorry for the confusion, and yes please, do add me to the list for next Monday.

Edit: Also, what's up with not being able to tag @kais ? I've tried to tag her/him (not sure which one it is) for a post or two, and sometimes it works, other times it doesn't, as it seems was the case for you @Silk

Edited by Master OoklaJack

38 minutes ago, ICanDream said:

Hey, how do I see what people have posted?

You will get the submissions when they are released (sent to the mailing list address) by their respective authors on Monday. There were no submissions last week, so none arrived to be critiqued. 

Have you checked out the welcome thread?  There are a couple sections called "How to Submit," "When to Submit," and "Submitting FAQs" that answer most questions about the submission process.