Email List and Submission Dates

Silk

Hi @SalMonroe, welcome to Reading Excuses.

I don't have time this second to check, so I'll just go ahead and say, remember to send me a PM with your email address so I can add you to the mailing list so that you get the other stories submitted to enable you to critique them in return.

Did you glance through the guidelines? Please do if you haven't, saves most of the questions that we get! :) 

9 hours ago, Mandamon said:

Well, I've changed the short story again, so I could submit for people willing to read a third time. Mainly the beginning and end are different.

Entirely up to you. No shortage of space :) 

(And sorry, I'm still reading the second version! Comments shortly...)

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/10/2017 at 3:01 AM, kais said:

Sorry!

Hey @kais, no need to apologise. We don't expect to give us something to read every week!!

I'll forestall congratulations until it's a done deal. Superstition, and all that... (fiction or non-?)

Edited by Robinski

Uhh I know this is late but since it doesn't look like anyone else is submitting I guess I could toss out a piece tomorrow, if that's all right. I'm not sure if it's a story I want to do anything big with, but since submissions have been a little slow I figure why not?

So yeah. If it's okay, I have a story to submit for October 23rd.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, yes please. Please submit, please, please do. I think I may have forgotten how to download a file from an email*  :lol: 

Please forgive the over-dramatising. I do tend to exaggerate a million times more than anyone else I know.

Edited by Robinski

8 hours ago, MasterJack said:

A Very new writer here, and first time submitting. Can I put a submission in for the 13th?

Hello there, Master Jack - pleased to make your acquaintance, I'm sure :) 

Can I just check that you read the guidelines in the pinned thread? There are a few pointers and 'rules' in there for perusal, nothing too hard and heavy. Then, please send me a PM with the email address that you want to use on here, and I will add you to the circulation list.

Normally, we ask that new contributors spend a couple of weeks critiquing others before they submit, just to get the hang of things. However, on the basis that we're super quiet at the moment because of NaNoWriMo, it will be just fine for your to submit on Monday 13th. Main factor to note is to stick to the 5,000 word limit (+say 10%, minus as much as you like), and to critique the other submissions that week, of which it looks like we will have one, maybe two.

Welcome aboard!!