• Announcements

• Chaos

Oathbringer Spoiler Policy   11/13/2017

Oathbringer is out! Let's make our policy on spoilers clear! 1. You must preface topics with Oathbringer spoilers with the prefix [OB] in the front 2. You are only allowed to post spoilers and spoiler topics in the Oathbringer Spoiler Board, Cosmere Theories, and some select work-related forums. 3. For posts in the Oathbringer Spoiler Board you do not need to use spoiler tags inside a topic marked [OB]. For Cosmere Theories, you also do not need to put spoiler tags inside your topic if the topic has [OB] in the title. However, for Cosmere Theories, if you are adding Oathbringer stuff to an old theory without the [OB] tag, those must go in spoiler tags and you must make it obvious outside the spoiler tag that the spoiler is regarding Oathbringer content. 4. For select things that do require talking about OB spoilers, in Events, Coppermind, and Arcanum forums, those are allowed but keep OB spoilers in spoiler tags 5. Avoid and minimize spoilers in topic titles--even though those two boards will not appear in the Recent Topics ticker, topic titles still appear in Recent Activity and the forum home.  6. You aren't allowed to post Oathbringer spoilers in places other than listed, even with spoiler tags.  It will be nine months and then the Oathbringer board will be re-merged with the Stormlight board and you will not need to tag these spoilers. If you'd like to move something in the Stormlight Archive board to the Oathbringer board, to update it with new Oathbringer information, Report the post and we will happily move it to the Oathbringer spoiler board. Part-by-part Reactions Though the Oathbringer Spoiler Board will be very spoilery, very fast (maybe don't come there until you've read the book, as people do have copies that bookstores sold early), you'll have these five topics for reactions if you want to nerd out: Part 1 Reactions
      Part 2 Reactions
      Part 3 Reactions
      Part 4 Reactions
      Full Book Reactions For parts 1-4, they will not include the interludes immediately following it. On Discord All Oathbringer spoilers on Discord will be exclusively in the #oathbringer_spoilers channel for the nine month spoiler period and nowhere else.
Silk

Email List and Submission Dates

1,944 posts in this topic

It does look like it, doesn't it? :ph34r:

Are we still subbing? Yes? If so, me me, pick me!

Yes, well I am! I'm the only one today, so have at it (on the basis that Silk probably won't be back on today).

Sorry! It's a long weekend and I sort of thought yesterday was still Saturday. >>;

Anyone for May 29? Going once, going twice...

Not me. I've been out with strep throat for the whole of the week. I'm going to keep laying in bed and trying not to die. :(

Oh no! Get well soon!!

Sorry to hear that!  Hope you get better soon.

Oh no! Hope you're feeling better soon.

I'd like to sub on Monday, and hopefully there will be some readers around!

Hopefully! They do tend to come out ofthe woodwork when someone hits "submit"...

I'm here, I'm here, jeez - keep your hair on. (Sorry, is that hairist?).

Actually, while I'm here, would there be any interest in laying eyers on the first chapter of the new Q&M story? It's early days, but the first chapter is fairly self-contained. I'm on Chapter 8, but I don't want to submit the rest right now.

6 hours ago, Robinski said:

would there be any interest in laying eyers on the first chapter of the new Q&M story?

For sure!

9 hours ago, Robinski said:

would there be any interest in laying eyers on the first chapter of the new Q&M story?

Yep.

In for the 19th. I know, I know, I'll have to beat all the other subs away with a stick....

Oh yes, hordes are gathering.

In for the 19th, as well.

Seems like I can go to the ball after all. I have a short piece to submit tomorrow, assuming three submitters don't appear before tomorrow morning.

We're not quite at stick-beating territory yet... Maybe just wave 'em threateningly?

I know I'm late, but is it okay if I submit something in the morning (well, I guess it's already technically morning, but I think it's clear what I'm trying to say)? It looks like we have a couple spots open.

And who knows? Maybe it will be better for me to submit after a sinus headache has kept me up all night because I'll be too out of it to get nervous or defensive. :ph34r:

Please do!

In for the 26th, to sub my rendition of Quirk and Magda in a bar. It's not going to be as graceful as @Robinski's, cause its Magda's POV and, well, boobs. 

6 hours ago, kais said:

well, boobs

:lol:

I have another piece to sub tomorrow. It doesn't look like I'll need to fight anyone for the spot. :ph34r:

Also, I've been spamming this emoji :ph34r: thinking that it was about being sneaky, but apparently it's supposed to be used to indicate fear. Considering that I get nervous when sharing my writing, I think it's appropriate either way. :) 

Didn't see this this morning--but please submit if you haven't already.