Email List and Submission Dates

Silk

I want to make it clear that I was talking about myself and my own failure to send in critiques while submitting no small number of things.

That comment reads pretty catty otherwise. I'm going to make the place less dead because it isn't fair that I'm submitting so much without paying back in.

Alright then. I've fufilled my little obligation and quelled my conscience.

So I'll be submitting this Monday; either chapter four of BMBD, which I've kind of abandoned for now, or the first chapter of The Mortal Coil, the reworked prequel I've moved onto.

Alright, cool.

cool cool cool

Is this where I apply for Reading Excuses?

I read the old thread, but the links on that page sent me to the old hacked forum.

Edit: Nevermind, scrolled up and found the email address. Sorry!

Actually, a PM to Silk would probably have done the trick, but I'm sure you've got his attention now.

Indeed! You'll still have to send me a PM with your email so that I can add you to the list--that way you'll be able to receive other peoples' submissions as well.

(I'm a her, by the way, but hey--details. ;) )

Edited by Silk

Indeed! You'll still have to send me a PM with your email so that I can add you to the list--that way you'll be able to receive other peoples' submissions as well.

Well, I would assume he as well, but purely based on the Belgariad series....

Anyway, I would like to put my name down, what is the word limit again?

I am afraid to say I have not redrafted the first chapter, but instead have put all criticism (most of it constructive) in a folder for when I have finished the book. I will send the first chapter as well as the second, but purely for those that have not read it yet, and so might get a little lost in what is happening, hope this is OK?

You know, I've often hesitated in the past to use specific gendered pronouns unless I know the proper one for the person when using internet message boards. Your username, for some reason, slipped right past this stage and into my head as a he, and I have no idea why.

This means it will probably happen again. If it does, feel free to remind me again. I can learn most things, eventually...

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to submit the start of my novel this week. I've written a lot so I'd like to do two chapters at once for a little while, the early chapters are fairly short. Is there etiquette to submitting or does one just mail the submission to the email address?

I'd like to submit the start of my novel this week. I've written a lot so I'd like to do two chapters at once for a little while, the early chapters are fairly short. Is there etiquette to submitting or does one just mail the submission to the email address?

You send it to '[email protected]' which will send it to every person that has been registered on that list. That is all you really do, the documents should be double spaced (from what I remember) apart from this though, I don't think there is much else to say, apart from warning about violence etc.

I think there is a word count, but I am not sure what it is, although with the lack of submissions at the moment, I don't think people will mind too much, and they are often very lenient with it anyway; I think it is 5k words, but I am unsure, don't hold me to it ;)

Hey Silk,

I know its thursday but is it too late to submit for this week or should I just hold off till Monday?

My reasoning is that I've polished up my first chapter and would like to submit tonight and get the second chapter

submitted for the upcoming Monday. Not sure what the read load is this week so its no biggie.

Anywho...

Thanks,

Hey Silk,

I know its thursday but is it too late to submit for this week or should I just hold off till Monday?

My reasoning is that I've polished up my first chapter and would like to submit tonight and get the second chapter

submitted for the upcoming Monday. Not sure what the read load is this week so its no biggie.

Anywho...

Thanks,

It's rather late in the week (partially my fault, sorry) so I'm gonna ask you just to hold off until Monday. How long are the chapters? Any chance of submitting them both at once?

ACharles and Rayonn, I'll add you guys to the list for the upcoming week. Kate, you're probably good to go as well, but since you submitted this week I might ask you to hold off if there's a sudden explosion of interest.

• 2 weeks later...

So, from people's responses re: keeping submissions open on January 2, it sounds like we have a few people interested for the upcoming week: Kate, Austin, Asmodemon, and Skyhunter. Am I right so far? Missing anyone who wants to submit?