Email List and Submission Dates

Silk

Welcome to Reading Excuses! If you're not already sure what that is, Reading Excuses is an online critique group. Before you do anything else, click here to find out more about the group and how it operates.

Up to speed on all that? Good, then you'll know what we mean when we start talking about our upcoming submission dates.

Sept 11:

Edited by Silk

Well, It's possible I'll be ready by then. I've been working on my next chapter this week but it's not quite done. The whole switch through me off. If there's room, there's a good chance I'll be ready, but if we have a full load of 7 again just put me off til next week.

I'm wanting to join in, so I'm rushing to finish this chapter I'm working on. How would I go about submitting it?

Fifth and final, then.

For now, here is an explanation of how the group works from the TWG archives. We're working on a modified version but we're just tweaking the organization, so this should still tell you everything you need to know.

Let me know if you have any questions. Also, shoot me a PM to let me know what email address to use. :)

I couldn't tell from the rules, maybe I'm being stupid but do you have to submit a chapter to be on the email list? As I'd like to read and critique some of the work that's being discussed so far, as just from the topic descriptions and titles I've gotten pretty interested. However I don't have anything to submit. Maybe in a few weeks as I've been writing up some ideas for a book recently, but as of now, I've got nothing.

I couldn't tell from the rules, maybe I'm being stupid but do you have to submit a chapter to be on the email list? As I'd like to read and critique some of the work that's being discussed so far, as just from the topic descriptions and titles I've gotten pretty interested. However I don't have anything to submit. Maybe in a few weeks as I've been writing up some ideas for a book recently, but as of now, I've got nothing.

You're welcome to start reading and critiquing right away, even if you don't have anything to submit right off the bat--just send me a PM with the email address you'd like to use for the list.

And you know, I don't think it was addressed specifically. I'll be sure to revise that once we're done moving the rules over.

You're welcome to start reading and critiquing right away, even if you don't have anything to submit right off the bat--just send me a PM with the email address you'd like to use for the list.

And you know, I don't think it was addressed specifically. I'll be sure to revise that once we're done moving the rules over.

Oh cool, sent.

So it's just Robert so far for Monday Sept. 5th, am I right? Sorry, folks--I'm a little scattered right now.

I WILL get the rules and stuff moved over ASAP, but probably not before Monday, alas. (I have to clean and disinfect my whole house before my puppy, who contracted a serious illness, recovers enough to come home from the vet--which might possibly happen tomorrow. So, see, I'm not just blowing you guys off. :P)

Edited by Silk

Guys, I'm afraid I'm going to be more or less MIA for the next few days. I'll try to sneak online at a couple of points and maintain the weekly submission list, but I'm in the bridal party for a wedding this weekend so this is likely the last chance I'll get to come online until Monday. Sorry about that.

I posted the link to the old email list thread because I haven't yet had a chance to move the rules over to the new forum. That thread on the read-only forum is actually a pretty accurate description of our current policies--we're just housed in a different forum now. You still join the list the same way, by PMing me with the address that you'd like to receive submissions at, and I'll add you to the list. That won't be right away, though; this is the last chance I'll have to come online until Monday, I'm afraid.

I have something I'd like to submit the next time an opening comes up (is it Monday or Tuesday now?) Can I submit the first few chapters or should I just do one at a time? They are only about 1500 words each.

Thanks,

Lee

It'll be Monday again from now on. And go ahead and submit whatever you feel most useful--if you want to submit the first three chapters, say, that's fine, as long as you're somewhere in the ballpark of 4k. =)