Horneaters and the rythyms

Nothing-Ridiculous

Hi there, 

I was just rereading Oathbringer and I noticed an interesting quote on page 383 during Rock’s chapter

He closes his eyes, kneading and humming his mother’s song to a beat he could almost, barely, just faintly hear

This sounded like the Rythyms to me, I’m aware of the theory that Horneaters at some point mixed with the Listeners resulting in their ability to see spren, but I wasn’t sure if anyone mentioned this passage? If someone did just ignore this.

Edited by Nothing-Ridiculous
Capitalization

12 hours ago, Nothing-Ridiculous said:

Hi there, 

I was just rereading Oathbringer and I noticed an interesting quote on page 383 during Rock’s chapter

This sounded like the Rythyms to me, I’m aware of the theory that Horneaters at some point mixed with the Listeners resulting in their ability to see spren, but I wasn’t sure if anyone mentioned this passage? If someone did just ignore this.

Yeah I think it's pretty clear that Rock is hearing the Rhythms very very faintly.

• 5 months later...

I believe that characteristic would be further inhanced in a full singer. Inferring from the interlude in WoR where Eshonai is angry and attracting anger spren. “She saw them coming from a ways off, drawn by her emotion, moving with incredible speed-like lightning dancing toward her across the distant stone. The lightning pooled at her feet, turning the stones red.”

• Chaos locked this topic