What do Inkspren represent?

Inky

Question

5 answers to this question

Look at what their name is. "Ink" spren. 

Where Cryptics are the natural expression of mathematical phenomena Inkspren are about thought and imposed structure of logic. 

Mathematics are true whether or not humans practice them. But logic? Philosophy? Learning? 

"ink" represents writing, and writing is a symbol of our intellect and record keeping... 

That's my take on it anyway. 

Edit: seriously, I've thought about it before, but actually writing that down...its not just writing. It's blueprints, schematics, art, information. 

The ability to write and record our thoughts and share them with others over distance and time fundamentally altered human knowledge and communication.

Edited by Calderis

I am not sure to understand the question.

As argent stated we know what the Inkspren are about in their relationship with mortals.

Ironeyes

What kind of qualities attract an inkspren?

Brandon Sanderson

Inkspren do not like how variable humans are. It’s a thing out of honor, and they like people who are logical and willing to think about their lives and not react as much by instinct.

They are looking more - the scholar is the perfect example, but a soldier who is very thoughtful and is not just rushing into battle could be chosen as well.

source

But I assume the quality they seek is a byproduct of themself. So probably Inkspren rappresent control or logic or rationality

That's my thought, they are an Investiture manifestation of Logic, they'd be one of the more abstract spren types (As compared to the more physcal spren or even the basic emotion-spren).  Id call them PatternSpren if we didnt have a character literally named that.  I think they are a lot like cryptics, just without the mathematical/fractal bent of Pattern and Co.

57 minutes ago, Calderis said:

Look at what their name is. "Ink" spren. 

Where Cryptics are the natural expression of mathematical phenomena Inkspren are about thought and imposed structure of logic. 

Mathematics are true whether whether or not humans practice them. But logic? Philosophy? Learning? 

"ink" represents writing, and writing is a symbol of our intellect and record keeping... 

That's my take on it anyway. 

That's a clean way to put it, I like it.