Where's WalDo: The Kandra Worldhopper

Kobold King

Cons:

Is an assassin, which is both unlike Harmony and is possibly forbidden by contracts.

It is unknown whether a non-Harmony kandra would revere Vin, possibly negating the final pro.

All pros could be interpreted as mundane skills as opposed to racial qualities. 

1. The First Contract is likely null and valid by now, and an assassin is something Harmony would not be adverse to; he did spend time with two rather renowned ones (and called them friends) before his ascension (not including Elend because he was more the warrior type).

2. We don't know enough to say anything of kandra allegiances. I suggest asking Brandon for more information on this.

3. Fair point, we could just be reading too much into it. 

But right now Iyatil is a very strong candidate for kandrahood, imo.

I don't mean as a worldhopper. I imagine some huge epic battle towards the end of the Cosmere books on a universal scale where as a last desperate attempt by Harmony to save his people he calls on their ultimate champion. Queue epic gladiator music with explosions everywhere as Vin strolls into life. 

That would be bloody epic, but I'm not sure it'd fit. Stinks too much of deus ex machina. I'd like for a new character to channel the Vin role; something like this:

"He strode out into the mists, the screams of a dying world reverberating around him, the scion of hatred facing him, and in that moment X* swore he/she seemed almost otherworldly; gone was the man he/she knew, and in his place was a force of nature, like the old texts claimed Vin Venture was.

Harmony was dead. Hoid was bound by laws he/she did not profess to understand. For good or ill, he was the only chance they had. 

The fate of Scadrial - no, of the entire cosmere itself - hinged upon this one, final encounter.

Without warning, a torrent of power burst from him, and with a battle cry he launched himself against his foe, as the world broke about them."

*Insert whatever name and gender you prefer

Edited by Ketek

1. The First Contract is likely null and valid by now, and an assassin is something Harmony would not be adverse to; he did spend time with two rather renowned ones (and called them friends) before his ascension (not including Elend because he was more the warrior type).

2. We don't know enough to say anything of kandra's allegiances. I suggest asking Brandon for more information on this.

3. Fair point, we could just be reading too much into it. 

But right now Iyatil is a very strong candidate for kandrahood.

I believe that the possibility of Iyatil being a kandra is a strong one. I just think it's fair to examine all possible sides. And of course, we should still keep our eyes open for other suspects.

What do we know about Iyatil's specific assassinations? Was she the one who killed the coach drivers? Was she involved somehow with the scheme to murder Jasnah? Some Ghostblood assassinations are group efforts, some are more personal in scope. Do we know how many Ghostblood activities Iyatil has been directly involved in?

And speaking of asking Brandon Sanderson, when will the next Q&A be? Is there any chance of getting someone to ask about Iyatil? A direct "Is Iyatil the kandra" would probably get an RAFO, but a less specific question could get us useful information.

I believe it's that Google Hangout thingy. And no, asking if Iyatil is the kandra would def be a RAFO.

However, we can ask what this kandra is attempting to do. Perhaps have Brandon pinpoint a specific world or timeline (before HoA/after HoA). Is said kandra working alone, or are there other kandra (I hope not, it'll be a pain to find!)? 

There's a slight chance he would answer 'is Iyatil the kandra" since he basically confirmed the Terriswoman worldhopper I believe.

Can someone ask which Shardworld the kandra is on, or something to that effect? Because maybe it turns up in Elantris and we're all barking up the wrong tree.

(I think it could be Iyatil. But I've also been wrong enough times for reading too deeply into things to be sure of that.)

Now.. lets add little more Depth- we know characters like Vasher can change thier apperance at will.. This power as well as lightweaving can be used across the Cosmere. I have to assume this is a powerful tool for many to stay Hidden- So it will be hard to corilate certain cross-cosmere character (wow say that 5 times fast).. based on looks you have to watch for accent and behavior especially.

That would be ideal, but the likelihood of us getting even one question about Iyatil into a signing isn't guaranteed. If everyone was able to ask all the questions they wanted, Brandon Sanderson wouldn't have time to actually write the books.

Now, if we can just convince one of the privileged few of the importance of Iyatil-kandra questions...

Throwing an odd idea into the mix... how about Tonk Fah? We know there were some kandra that Ruin took control of prior to being defeated. I wonder if KanPaar and his associates survived that without being tainted by Ruin's influence? We never see Tonk Fah wounded. He slips pretty easily from jovial mercenary to sadistic sociopath. He has a very disturbing interest in anatomy... not only were his pets tortured, they were flayed open. Maybe a kandra looking at organs and comparing them to Scadrian species?